Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Return of an Angel ❯ Chapter 16- G-nades ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 16-G-nades-*Angel*
“Pump it. Louder! Pump it. Louder! Turn up the radio. Blast your stereo. Right.” I sang walking down the road. I really wanted to talk to Kairi and see if she was okay, but I needed to find Shadow first. I dug down in my pocket and dug out my mask. It looked exacticaly as it was, right now. A harmless play mask. I sighed and looked up. There was hardly a cloud in the sky, and a slight breeze. I looked at my mask again. “What could it hurt?” I asked myself lifting the mask to my face. As I placed it on, my ears, nails and tail appeared. I had the feeling of freedom in my veins. And the sun was welcoming me to lay down and take a nap. As I started to sit down,
“Are you Midnight?” I turned around to see a figure disappear behind a tree.
“Who're you?” I asked.
“Now, now. I asked you first.” Said the voice. It was definetly female.
“Yes,” I said hesitantly. “I am.”
“Good. Then I came to the right place.” The figure that went behind the tree before dropped down right in front of me. She was wearing a full black body suit with cat ears and tail. Her hair that was sticking out was a blond color. She also had really sharp claws attatched to her gloves.
I jumped back out of surprise.
“Now, who are you?” I asked looking into her eyes. They didn't look like a cats eye, so she wasn't half cat.
“Call me Katnappe', prrrrah.” She said.
“Katnappe'?” I asked in disbelief? Both of us started to circle.
“Hey. It's better than Midnight, I mean seriously, where'd you pick it up at?”
“Mmm-mm. At least MY name isn't that obvious.” I said lunging at her. She easily dodged it and made a swipe at my back. I caught it before it hit and delivered a blow to her gut with my knee as I pulled her in. But she reacted quickly. As soon as I let go, she made a backward summersault and used the momentum to send a barrage of needles into my arms and legs.
“Good move,” She said walking up to me. “But I've seen it before.” She jumped up and attempted to hit my head with her EXTREMELY high heels. But I dodged and jumped back to where I previously was, and where Katnappe' now was. I hit her in her shoulder area and pinned her to the ground. Both of us were panting like dogs now. “At least when I kill you, I'll have the satisfaction that you put up a good fight!” She said, kicking me off of her, making me fly up into the air.
“Did someone send you?” I asked as I landed on my feet a few feet away from her.
“Matbe. Maybe I came here on my own accord.” She said making another swipe at me. I blocked it easily enough. Then I thought of one person at that moment. Chase. It was like fighting him again, almost. But wouldn't he want to kill me? And why would he send an assasin? Expecialy in a really tacky costume.
“Who are you?!” I turned my head for… a millasecond, I saw Shadow and Ayoni coming twards me. But that was all the time Katnappe' needed to hit me sqaure in the jaw. Then she held me in a headlock. Chase.
“Come anycloser and she'll get it.” She threatened, unsheathing one of her claws and holding it to my neck.
Both stopped in their tracks. “That's what I thought.” She said, starting to back away. This was starting to get scary. Neither Shadow or Ayioni knew I was Midnight.
“SONIC BOOM!” I shouted. A huge wave of energy was released from my body and blew back Katnape, Shadow, Ayoni, and everything within about a thirty mile radius. Nothing touched me exept myself. But as I telled those two words, I felt four forms of magic leave my body. I looked to the sky and saw something flying in our general direction. “Nothing could've recovered from it THAT fast.” I thought to myself.
“Watch out!” Came a far way, yet familiar voice.
“CHUKO!” I shouted. “DON'T DROP THE-,” My sentence fell short, due to three small objects filed with gunpowder. The force of the grenades hitting the ground from that altitude was enough to blow me away. Literaly. My head turned slowly to one side, and I saw Katnappe', she was looking at me with a look that said, `Wait for next time'. My head impacted with a tree, and I pulled off the mask as an impulse, and stowed it in my pocket before I fainted.
 
*Shadow*
“Chuko! What the heck did you do that for!?” I shouted, trying to spit out some burnt dirt. The un-burnt fairy flew down.
“Well you try flying for ten miles with THREE LIVE GRENADES and not need to drop them!”
“I have.” I replied flatly. She gave me a bewildered look. “Ask Ayoni.” I said walking towards that cat girl. All I saw was a couple footsteps and a huge area of scuffled ones. Obviously both the catgirls were fighting before we came. “How'd that girl know Chuko's name?” I asked myself, going through the rubble of where the other girl had landed when the granades hit. Instead, I saw Angel. She was definetly unconcious. “Nice going Chuko. You let the crook escape and you've made Angel unconcious. Very nice.” I said.
“Shut up!” She yelled flying at me and hitting me.
“You know that doesn't really hurt?” I asked.
“Yes! I KNOW! And I don't really care at all!” She screamed.
I looked at Ayoni, who was bent over Angel.
“What are you doing?” I asked, walking over to her. She jumped in surprise.
“Nothing.” She said hastily. She flew up and looked me straight in the eyes. “But YOU need to carry her back.” She said. I shrugged.
“Fine.” I picked up her body and turned to face Ayoni and Chuko. “Is it just me, or has she spent most of her time here unconcious?”
“She has.” Said Ayoni.
“Not to mention before you got here.” Added Chuko.
“Sounds familiar.” I said. Chuko started to blush. Ayoni looked at the sky. A slight breeze kicked up. “Come on. Everyone will be wondering where we are.” I said running down back towards the Temple. The two fairys kept up with me, Ayoni was in front of me. Once I got in the Temple door, Sora was here to greet us.
“What happened?” He asked taking her body. Her eyes opened as soon as she left me.
“Shen Gon Wu!” She shouted.
“What?” I asked. Sora put Angel on the ground. Her body was in some uncontrolled spasm.
“Shen Gon Wu. Ask Chuko.” Said Sora. I looked at her and she mouthed the word `later'. I nodded.
“Where's Dojo? I have to - let him know.” She said between gasps.
“Dojo? He left a little while ago with Omi, Artemis, Clay and Kimiko. Why?” said Sora.
“Then where's Riku?” She asked. Sora pointed towards the back garden. “Thanks.” She said as she walked away. Ayoni starte to follow her.
“Where do you think you're going?” I asked her.
“I need to tell Angel something.” She said.
“What do you need to tell her?” Asked Chuko.
“Something private.” She said, flying away.
“Then you won't mind if I come with you.” I said following her.
“Well, yes I would mind.” She said looking around the corner.
“What'd you do Ayoni.” I growled.
“It's not what I did Shadow,” She said, turning towards me. “ It's what I heard.”
“Thanks. Yong She Kite!” Came Angel's voice. I looked up in time to see her fly away on a kite. But instead of flying away from the Temple, it looked like she was going towards it.
“Well, whatever you were going to tell her, it looks like it's going to have to wait.” I said walking away. I looked up again and saw Angel flying away on the kite. “Ayoni.” I said, stopping.
“What is it Shadow?” She asked.
“Say goodbye. We're leaving.” I said pulling out the green Chaos Emerald.
“Not now!” She shouted. “Where will we go!?” I didn't reply. “Answer me! Do you even know where to go!?”
“Listen Ayoni-,” I started.
“No! You listen!” She shouted. “Angel is my friend! And I need to tell her something very important! So if you want to leave, then fine! Go back to our world! I'll find a way back if I ever want to return!” She said, crying now.
“If one of us goes, then so does the other. That's the agreement we made when we meet.” I said.
“Well we also made the agreement not to leave if it upsets the other person!” Retorted Ayoni.
“Well if you want to stay here then fine! I'll pick you up whenever you call!” I said as I tossed her the yellow Emerald. She caught it.
“Shadow, wait!” She shouted.
“CHAOS CONTROL!” I shouted. And I disappeared on a flash of light.
 
*Ayoni*
He was gone. Never before had we ever had a fight this bad. And now… I started crying. I held the Emerald close to me as if it gave me an unexpected warmth.
“Ayoni? You okay?” I looked up and saw Kairi and Riku. I stared to cry even harder as I thought of them in the garden earlier that day. Now didn't know where Shadow or Angel was.
“Ayoni.” Said a familiar voice.
“Chuko,” I said, flying up and showing her the Emerald. “He's gone! He left! And now I don't know where he is!” I shouted.
“It's okay.” She soothed as she rubbed my back.
“No.” I said slowly. “It's not.”
 
Bum bum ba. Bit edgy towards the end, I know, but I want to get back to reading H.P.! Woohoo! I'm raelly sad about Dobby though. Because one of my dog's name is Dobbie. Anyway R&R.
-RCR
P.S. I just finished! It was so sad, what she did to Moody, he is totally my favorite character.