Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Return of an Angel ❯ Chapter 19- Bait ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 19-Bait-*Knuckles*
I opened my eyes.
“Ayoni? Is that you?” I asked, looking around. I sat up from the ground. And in the far side of the courtyard, I saw a dark figure. On that was all too familiar. I stood up and jumped on her. “Rouge, what the heck are yo doing here? How'd you even get to this world?” I threatened.
“I'm not Rouge.” Said Rouge. I gave a questioning look. Rouge sighed and said, “Angel.” In a flash of light, I found I was instead on top of Angel and not Rouge.
“Sorry.” I said as I got off of her. I held out a hand and she took it.
“No problem.” She replied.
“It's just, y-, how did you do that?” I asked.
“I'll tell you later. Listen, did the warriors get back yet?”She asked.
“Yeah. They've been back for a while now. Actually, we should be having dinner soon.” I said.
“Crap.” She said running towards the Temple doors.
“What'd I say?” I asked as I followed her.
“It's nothing you said Knuckles,” She said as she stopp at a corner. “I hope they don't know where I am.”
“What's wrong?” I asked.
“Nothing. Everything's fine.” She said walking down the hall.
“Are you sure? You seem a bit frazzled.”
“Nowadays, I'm always this way. Do you know where they are?” I looked down the hall and pointed. She ducked behind the corner and brought me along.
“Mind telling me what's going on?” I asked.
“It's hard to explain. You see-,”she started.
“Angel? Is that you?” Came a voice. Angel winced.
“Yes.” She said as she came from around the corner. I followed, willingly this time.
“Perfect. We were just looking for you. Chuko said you were in your room, but you weren't.” Said Clay.
“What d'you need me for?” She asked.
“We got Midnight's mask.”He said.
“Who's Midnight?” She asked.
“Someone who's also after the Shen Gon Wu. Today she threatened Artemis. But now we might see who she is.”He said as we walked down the hall.
“How are you gonna pull that off?”I asked.
“We're gonna use her mask as bait. Then when she comes to get it bam! We got-,”
“Hi Clay!” The cowboy turned around to see Kairi walking towards us.
“H-hi Kairi.” He said. I stepped to the side of him. I looked at his face and saw him blushing.
“What're you guys talking about?”
“Clay told us the plan for capturing Midnight.” Said Angel, hastely. “By the way, when are we going to put this plan in action?”
“Tomorra' night.”Said Clay.
“That sounds cool.” Said Kairi.
“Yeah. I guess it does. Hey, would you like to see the mask?” He asked.
“Maybe later. Riku wanted me to meet him out in the courtyard.”
“Oh. Okay. Maybe later then?”
“Sure.” Kairi walked down the hall and out of sight.
“Do you like her?” Asked Angel.
“A little.” Said Clay as he blushed.
“Clay that's great!” Said Angel as she hugged him. (He has NEVER, in any of the X.S. fanfics I've read have a girlfriend. So I'm giving him one.)
“Well I don't think she likes me all that much though.” He said.
“Wel that's weird. Kairi likes about pretty much everyone, as a friend anyway.” Said Angel. My stomach growled.
“Not that this isn't nice, but I am a bit hungry.” I said.
“Come on, I'll go make something.” Said Angel as she led the way down the kitchen. Clay followed me.
“So who do like Knuckles?” Asked Angel. I stopped and Clay bumped into me.
“No one. I've stayed by the Master Emerald my whole life, that is, until Sonic came along…” I answered.
“I'm sorry.” She said. I followed after her. My eye started to twitch. (Don't ask me why, it just does.)
“Knuckles! Have you seen Shadow?” I turned to see Chuko and Ayoni come out of their room. Chuko seemed to be comforting Ayoni who was crying.
“No. I don't keep track of hedghogs, they're always on the move. Why? Can't you find him?” I asked.
“N-no. He left.” Cried Ayoni.
“What? Where'd he go?” asked Clay.
“I don't kn-know.”
“Why would he leave?” Asked Angel.
“Because. ~sniff~ I needed to tell you something, and he wouldn't wait for you to come back. Then we had a fight and he left.” Said Ayoni.
“What did you need to tell her?” Asked Clay. The fairy looked at him.
“Riku said that he likes Kairi more than Angel.” She said. Silence followed. I looked at Angel. Her face showed so many emotions, I've never seen her like this. In her eyes I saw, anger, pain, sorrow, guilt, relief and so much more. Then I looked at Clay. He was a mess.
First he looked to the floor and I saw his shoulders start to shake.
“You guys okay?” Asked Chuko as she moved to the middle of the square we had made.
“I'll see you all later.” Said Angel as she ran down to her room.
“I'll be back.” I said as I followed her. I saw her door slam, and a teal green light came from the bottom of the door then disapeared. I walked up to the door and knocked. “Angel? Are you feeling okay?” I asked. No answer. I opened the door a crack and a wave of sound washed over my ears. I quickly closed the door. I scowled at it and walked back to Chuko. “Where's the Falcon's Eye?” I asked.
“In the Shen Gon Wu vault I think.” Said Chuko.
“Nope. Midnight has it. Why?” Asked Clay.
“Because Angel's room hurt my ears, that's why.” I said as I sat down.
“She's just releiving her anger. Was there a lot of noise when you entered?” Asked Chuko.
“Yes.” I answered slowly.
“Yup. She's just relieving her anger.” Said Chuko. My stomach growled again. “Hungry?” She asked. I nodded. She snapped her fingers and a plate of sandwhiches appeared. Ayoni, Clay and I all took one.
“That smells good. Can I have one?” I turned around and saw Kimiko.
“Sure.” Said Chuko as she held the plate out. Kimiko took one and bit into it.
“Is Angel around? I need to talk to her.”
“She's a bit loud right now.” I said.
“Why?”
“Because Riku likes Kairi more than her.” Said Ayoni. At that Clay started to sob silently again.
“I just got him settled Ayoni.” Said Chuko as she went to comfort him.
“What's wrong with you Clay?”
“He likes Kairi.” I whispered to her.
“Oh. OH!”
“What is it?” Asked Ayoni.
“I know why Angel's so mad now!”
“Why?” I asked.
“Because Raimundo and Riku each have a girlfriend. And both of them used to have a thing for Angel! It's the same thing for her. And today Artemis and Rai had their first kiss.” She looked at all of us. “Did Riku and Kairi kiss?”
“They probably are! Come on!” Said Chuko flying down the hall.
“What do you mean they probably are?!” Shouted Kimiko.
“Riku asked Kairi to meet him out in the courtyard tonight.” I explained. By now, all of us had made it outside. I looked at Angel's window and saw her watching us. At least, I thought it was us. I looked ahead and saw Riku and Kairi leaning in. Chuko stopped in front of them and the rest of us followed suit. As both of them kissed I looked back at Angel's window. I couldn't see her. Then, from the roof above her room came an eerie green light.
“NO!” Came her voice. The roof exploded and Angel's figure came from it. He arms were spread out and her head was facing the sky. Then she looked down at us, her eyes were the same teal green I saw coming from her door. From there she almost floated down to us at a very increased speed then usual. And she came about fiftey feet in the air away from us. “How do you like this Riku?!” She shouted. From her fingertips, came thunder, teal green thunder. And it was heading towards Riku. He pushed Kairi out of the way and took the blow with literaly open arms.
“Riku!”
“Angel!” I turned around to see Sora and Raimundo running towards us with Artemis not too far behind.
“Cure!” Shouted Sora. Green light surrounded Riku and he regained his balance. Angel turned towards Raimundo.
“As for you!” She shouted, she pointed both hands at him and uttered a word. Raimundo immediantly began hovering off the ground.
“Hey put me down!” He shouted.
“The same way you did to me?” She asked him.
“Raimundo!” shouted Artemis. She brought out her katana and jumped onto Clay's shoulders, and jumped up to where Angel was floating. Then she brought down her sword onto Angel's arm. Angel winced and Raimundo dropped.
“I got him!” I shouted as I caught him. He was unconsious. I looked to Riku and he was also unconsious. Artemis dropped to the ground, panting. Angel started to lower herself to the ground, and once she touched it, her body fell limply to ground. Chuko flew towards her and listened to her chest.
“I don't know, but I think she's dead!”
 
Interesting? I think I might've overdone it. I was origianaly going to make this chapter like a talent show. A BIT different i think.
-RCR