Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Return of an Angel ❯ chapter 23-If tears could bring you back ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 23-If Tears will bring you back -*Riku*
(I'm listening to the song right now.)
“Where'd she go?” I asked as Dojo landed.
“She got away.” Said the dragon as he rubbed a goose egg on his head. Master Fung and Clay hopped down. And Master Fung was holding the mask.
“So she got away?” Asked Kimiko.
“Yes. But I'm not positive if she'll come back.” Said Master Fung.
“I have something to say.” Said Knuckles.
“Me to.” Said Kimiko.
“Then say it.” Said Clay.
“Midnight is Angel!”Said Knuckles, at the same time as Kimiko saying, “Angel is Midnight!” Silence.
“I could've told you that.” I said, breaking the silence. Slowly everyone's head turned towards me. “What?”
“YOU COULD'VE TOLD US THAT WHEN YOU GOT HERE! YOU COULD'VE SAVED ALL OF US FROM EMOTIONAL PAIN! NEED I GO ON!?” Screamed Chuko. She flew there, panting.
“Sorry.” I said.
“SORRY!? THAT”S ALL YOU CAN SAY? IS SORRY!?” She screamed again.
“She loved you!” Added Ayoni. Everyone fell silent and looked at her. “She loved you and Raimundo to! Then you kissed Kairi,” She said, pointing at me. “And you kissed Artemis. Both of you betrayed her! Do you know how much pain you put her through?”
“No. I never really thought of her after she died. Only a few times.” Said Raimundo. I stayed silent.
“What do you hae to say for yourself?” Asked Chuko as she flew up to my face. I looked at her.
“Nothing.” I said. I started walking away.
“Riku!” I turned around. “Do either of you still love her?” Asked Master Fung.
“A little, but as a really close friend.” Said Raimundo.
“And you Riku?”
“Maybe.”
“That's not fair!” Yelled Kairi.
“What's not fair?” Asked Kimiko.
“You spent almost your whole life with her! And you turn her away from you without so much as a goodbye!” She took a breath. Tears rolled down her cheeks. “Would you do that to me?”
“No. I wouldn't.” I said, walking off to the gardens.
“Hold on.” Said Omi. I stopped walking.
“What now?” I asked.
“I have just had a vision. Angel will die again. I am not sure how though, but time is closing to save her.”
“Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.” I said. I continued walking.
Once I got there, I sat down under a hybiscus tree. I folded my hands, and hung my head. Then, I felt something I my hands. I opened it. It was a hybiscus flower, almost at full bloom. I smiled to myself and put it in my pocket.
“How will I start, tomorrow without you here,
whose heart will guide me?
And all the answers disapear, is it too late?
Are you too far gone to stay, distance forever, you never have to go away.
What will I do. You know, I'm only half without you
How will I make through?
 
If only tears could bring you back to me,
If only love coulf find a way
What I would do what I would give, if you returned to me,
Someday, somehow, somwhere
If my tears could bring you back, to me.” I sang. Another voice sang,
“I've cried you an ocean,
if you'd sail on home again,
waves of emotion, will carry you
I know they can.
Just light will guide you, and your heart will chart the course
Soon you'll be drifting, into the arms of your true north
Look in my eyes, you'll see a million tears have gone by.
And still they're not dry.” I looked and saw Raimundo. Then both of us sang,
“If only tears could bring you back to me.
If only love could find a way.
What I would do, what I would give, if you returned to me.
Someday, somehow, somwhere
If my tears could bring you back to me.” I sang the rest.
“I'll hold you close, and shout the words
I only wish, but before,
For one more chance, for one last dance!
It's out of plane, and I would lye and on.” (I was having a really hard time figuring out those words without the lyrics.)
“If only tears could bring you back to me.
If only love could find a way.
What I would do what I would give, if you returned to me.
Someday, somehow, somewhere
If my tears could bring you back.” I finished.
“This is where she almost kissed me.” Said Raimundo. (Sango's theme in the backround.)
“What do you mean?” I asked. Sitting down, and taking out the flower.
“Actually I was unconsious at the time, but she talked to her brother after she passed out.” Raimundo looked at the stars. “You don't know how lucky you are to have her man. She's smart, beautiful, funny, and her eyes are… I don't know. There isn't a word to describe them.” He looked at me. “But I have Artemis. She is just as wonderful as Angel, but she has someone alse who cares for her more.”
“I know. But I'm not good enough for her. I sent her to her death! How would you feel if you killed Artemis?” I asked.
“I wouldn't feel at all. I'd have to die with her, just like you did. I'm sure Artemis would do the same for me.”
I looked at the flower. It was a light mix between rose and pink. I saw Angel's face in my mind. She was laughing. Her cheeks the same color. I right after one of her performances. Then we'd all go back to the island and she'd sing, just for us. The sun would be setting, and the waves would carry her voice.
“But now what can I do? She left.” I said.
“Maybe not.”
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“Well, when she first came here, Dojo said she had a Shen Gon Wu in her. And when I helped Wuya become solid, he tracked the Serpents Tail. And as far as I know, hers hasn't activated yet. So there's still some hope of finding her.”
“Allright.” I started to stand up, then Raimundo put a hand on my shoulder.
“But you have to, you know…”
“Yeah. I know.” I said.
“Hey guys. Everything okay?” Asked Kairi.
“Fine.” Said Raimundo. “You need to tell her dude.” Said Raimundo as he walked away.
“Tell me what?” Asked Kairi.
“Well, to start…” I said. As I told her what I was going to do, Raimundo was also telling everyone else.
 
If you don't have the music, it's okay. I just put it in for effect if you do. But Sango's Theme is mainy a piano theme that gets more upbeat towards the end. Nothing big.
RCR