Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ The Portal ❯ Chapter 14: Training the Xiaolin Way ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 14
Training the Xiaolin way
*Angel*
“We are coming Master Fung.” Said Omi as he stood up.
“Where are you going?” I asked Kimiko.
“To the training area. Come on!” She replied. Reluctantly I stood up but I cut them off before they could go to a side alley type thing.
“How many turns does it take to get there?”
Three rights, two lefts, and another right. …Why?” Asked Raimundo.
“Because,” I said “I want to race at least one of you.”
“Well no one has ever beaten Omi in a race.” Said Raimundo patting omi on the head while Omi gave me a huge Cheshire cat smile.
“You're going down then little guy.” I said to Omi.
“We shall see Angel.” He replied.
“O-kay then. We'll meet you on the gronds, whoever tags me first wins.” Said Kimiko. I reached my hand out and tagged her.
“Gotcha.” I said. She poppped.
“ANGEL! I MENT AT THE END POINT!” Her face was all red. So red it mached her dress.
“Sorry.” I replied simply.
“Fine. Raimundo you come with Dojo and me. Clay, Chuko, tell them when to go.” Said Kimiko walking down the allyway. Raimundo and Dojo followed. A couple seconds later we heard, “Okay! Anytime you're ready!” from Dojo.
“You two take your starting positions.” Said Chuko sitting on Clay's shoulder. Both Omi and I dropped into a traditional runner's stance.
“ON YOUR MARK! GET SET! GO!” Yelled Clay at the top of his lungs. We were off. Leaving a huge dust trail right behind both of us.
“You are going up Angel!” Said Omi as we rounded the first corner.
“Yes I am.” I answered. I surged past Omi who had a surprised look on his face. (You see in Sonic's World I usually ended up being his partner so I needed to learn to keep up with him. Thank-God.) I did hear something though.
“WATER!”
“What the…” I started to say as I tried to slow down. It wasn't helpful because Omi had shot water onto my back and blasted me to the next wall. I got down. “EARTH!” I shouted. An enormouse pillar of rock blasted Omi up and kept him there… for now. “Beat me now Omi!” I knew it wouldn't hold him for long so I started running. I looked back and he was already gaining on me.
Both of us rounded the last corner and I saw Kimiko, Dojo and Raimundo all waiting for us. We started to get closer and the two boys started to back off, very slowly. Yet Kimiko stood firm, only grimacing to wait for the slap that would come soon. We got even closer now and we started to slow down and in the process having a lot of dust acumulate in the air. SMACK!
Everything was quiete for a couple seconds. Both Omi and I were panting.
“WIND!” Said Raimundo as he started to clear away the dust.
“Now if only you could do that well on your chores…” Said Dojo slyly.
“Don't push it.” Replied Raimundo.
“Well,” I asked, still panting. “Who one?”
“I think both of you tied or you literally came in one right after the other. Though I couldn't really tell because of the pain that is still in my hands.”
“Where is Clay and Chuko?” Asked Omi. Very hesitantly we all turned around to see only a dust filled allyway. We all started to run and I got onto my stomach to see if I could see them at all. But I could hear… “Where are you?!”
“Right in front of you!”
“Where in front of me?!”
“In front of your nose!”
“Well I can't see in front of my nose! This dust is about as cloudy as pea soup!”
I stood up and they gave each other a `Look'.
“WIND!” Raimundo and I yelled at the same time. “He's helping me? Both of us know I can do this by myself. Maybe he really cares…” I thought. Kimiko's voice brought me back to reality.
“Clay! This is one of those times to go TOWARDS the light. Not away from it.”
About two minutes later we heard, “Chuko, give me my hat back!” from Clay. And then Clay's hat emerged from the dust still leftover. Then came Clay. Man was he a sight. Head to toe was covered in dust. And the hat was also dusty. He bent over, picked up his hat, dusted it hat off and put it on his head. Chuko wasn't as bad, but that's only because she had Clay's hat over her.
Once Chuko dusted herself off she landed on my shoulder.
“Are you finished?” I turned around along with everyone else to see Master Fung.
“Yes.” Answered Dojo.
“I see. Today we will begin combat training. This time Chuko will help me judge. Clay, Raimundo, both of you are partners. Omi and Kimiko, you will be partners. And Dojo, you and Angel will be partners.” I looked over at Dojo and he gave me an almost evilish grin as he grew to his large form. “Oh. Crap.”
The first two groups went by really fast and Raimundo got, how do I put this…., got “caved in”. As he and Clay walked out of the training rectangle he winked at me and I started to blush a bit. Then a small hand waved in front of my face.
“Angel… Are you still there?” Asked Chuko.
“Wha…? Yeah.” I answered. I finished walking into the rectangle and faced Dojo who was at the opposite end. He transformed again and waited for me. “I don't think a traditional dragon form will work, will it?” I asked him.
“No I don't think so.”
“Well can you wait a minute or two?”
“Sure.” I thought of the kind of dragon I wanted to be. Of course it was easy, Chinese dragon. I based my basic form on Dojo and some pictures I've seen. Once I got the thought I yelled,
“Lets go dragon red!” My transformation began. It was a bit bumpy at first but I think it turned all right… No. It sucked. Then again it was my first try. “Ready?” I nodded. And both of us flew up to the sky and started to fight. Five minutes in I was pinned to the ground and both of us were panting heavily.
Then my de-transformation began and I finally began to feel the weight that was increasing on my arms.
“Could you please get off of me?!”I yelled. He looked down.
“Oh! Sorry.” He got off of me and shrank. Then I stood up and walked over to Master Fung.
“Could I train them now?”