Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ The Portal ❯ Chapter 42: Showdown for life ( Chapter 43 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 42
Showdown for life
*Angel*
I jumped out of the way right as he hit the ground.
“Come now Angel. Is all you can do run?” Asked Chase as he lunged for me again.
“No!” I shouted bouncing off his head. “Earth!” Heading towards the ground I barly missed him.
“Better. But it won't save you.”
“SONIC BOOM!” I shouted gathering up energy and landing my fists on the gound, sending a huge sound wave right at Chase. It hit!
“That's it no more playing around.” He growled. He linged at me jaws open. I braced myself for impact but at the last second a force field surrounded me. I looked at Chuko and I was the one she was protecting this time.
“Jack do something!” Shouted Kimiko.
“I can't!” He replied as we continiued fighting.
“Why not!?” Asked Chuko.
“She programed the Jack-bots so they would only listen to me twice. I tried five times to check!” He replied.
Chase's claws bashed me into the wall and I layed in the debris. He walked up to me and turned into his human form and drew a dagger. He picked me up and then threw me on the ground away from the rubble.
“What a pathetic way to die Angel.” He said. He threw the dagger at me and as I prepared for the impact. It never came. But a yell, slice and a thunk did. I looked around to see Riku lying a few feet away from me with the dagger sticking out of his chest with blood gushing from it.
“Riku!” I shouted getting upand running over to him. I burried my face in his shirt and cried. “It was all my fault. Riku you should've let me take it.” I looked at his face. His hand brushed my bangs from my face and he looked at me.
“If I didn't take it I could never live with myself.” He said as blood gushed out of his mouth. He uttered his last words. “I love you Angel.” He drew his last breath a died.
“RIKU!” I shouted grabbing the dagger from his chest. “I won't let his death be in vain.”I thought to myself. “I swear to God I'll kill you Chase. Even if you are my brother.” I hurled the dagger at him and he caught it by the hilt befor it hit his face.
He jumped up, landed behind me and put his left hand around my neck as he held the dagger, ready to pierce my heart.
“And what about you Raimundo!?” He asked. “Would you die for her?” at that he struck down on my heart. For a second I was dazed. He let go of me and pulled the dagger out. Blood flowed out of me like the waterfall behind us. I fell to my knees, and memories flooded my mind. Playing in the ocean with Riku, Kairi and Sora. Winning a sining award. Riku consumed by my father. Meeting Chuko. Traveling memories with Shadow. Coming to the temple. Dancing with Raimundo. Seeing Riku. And finaly the astonished look in Raimundo's face when I was stabbed. Slowly I looked up, fell over Riku's dead body and died myself.
 
I know you all probably hate me. Unless you like Chase Young that much. Read the epilouge please. And remember what I said about the Master Emerald and Angel having that connection a couple chapters back.
- RCR