Spirited Away Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Soul of a Dragon ❯ I'm your friend ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Spirited Away or Inuyasha, I a merely twisting them into my own sick plot. Please enjoy! ~^-^~ Ooh-n Spirited Away spoilers, so beware. Dragon_Shaddow, thank you for your advice. I will use it as best as I can, and yes, I have read that story and no, I am not copying it, Inuyasha is merely my favorite anime, so I do many xovers, and as soon as I am done typing this chapter, I will read your story. I will keep some thing the same however, so please bear with me.

Chapter Two:

Kagome gave a small nod and started sprinting away. She turned her head back in time to see the boy blow something back with his hand. Kagome refocused her attention on running. She ran back to the diner where her parents were. There, sitting in their place, were two fat chickens. "MOM! DAD!" Kagome yelled. The chicken that was in her dad's place looked at her, clucked, and went back to eating. Then something poked out a burner and started swatting them away. Her "father" gave an indignant cluck as it was hit and fell over, almost smashing Kagome. "AHH!!!" Kagome cried, dodging the fat chicken.

Kagome ran as fast as she could away. Blue lights started popping up, lighting her way. Black shadows of all sorts started appearing. "Mommy! Daddy! Where are you?!" Kagome called for them. She lost her concentration for one second and ran into a shadow. She felt a shock go through her and she gave an alarmed yelp. "S-Sorry," she muttered and started running again. She listened frantically for the train whistle, and heard it faintly through all the bustle. Kagome ran towards the sound and found herself at the river.

It was only till she was up to her neck in water did she realize that the grass had turned into a sea. Kagome swam to shore and sputtered out the water that she had caught in her mouth. She panted on the shore for a bit until she saw some bright lights approaching her. She looked back to the river and saw a huge boat coming up. It was adorned with red and blue lights, and had 3 levels. Soon all sorts of spirits came out of the boat and Kagome held her hand over her mouth to stop any frightened sounds coming from her.

She ran up the hill she hadn't noticed before, falling several times. When she was at the top, she stopped. Kagome fell to her butt on the ground and started crying. "This is just a dream!" she told herself. She felt soft hands go around her shoulders.

"It's okay. Here, you must eat this," the boy said. Kagome looked at the little red berry he was holding out for her. She shook her head no.

"Who are you? Why do I need to eat it?" she asked weakly.

"I am Haku. If you do not eat any food from this world, you will disappear. Look for yourself," Haku said. Kagome looked at her body and gasped.

"Wh-what is going on? I'm transparent!" she whispered.

"Here, eat this," Haku said, trying to feed it to her. Kagome pushed him away, but her hands merely went through him. "Eat it."

Kagome shook her head no again. "I can't. I'm allergic," she told him.

Haku searched his shirt again. He pulled out a piece of fruit that Kagome didn't recognize. "Here." He pushed the fruit into her mouth and Kagome started chewing. It tasted weird, kind of familiar though. She chewed a few more times and swallowed. Kagome gasped for breath after she swallowed. "That's better. See, you won't disappear now. Look for yourself," Haku said. Kagome touched his fingers with hers. They suddenly heard a screeching sound. "Stay still!" Haku said, covering Kagome. Up above a bat with a human looking head flew around. It searched the area and flew away. "That bat is looking for you," Haku said. "Come, we must go."

He lifted Kagome up and started running. He was very fast, the things whizzed by, and Kagome had a hard time registering all that happened. They came to a small opening that lead to the bridge where they first met. "When we go across the bridge, close your eyes. Do not open them until I say so or else my spell will wear off and everyone will see you," Haku said. He started walking to the bridge, grabbing onto Kagome's hand. "Ready, now close your eyes." Kagome closed her eyes and felt scared. She didn't like not being able to see.

"Welcome back Master Haku," a green toad said as Haku started walking across the bridge. Haku gave a slight nod of the head. Just keep calm Kagome, she thought to herself.

"We're almost there. Remember, keep your eyes closed," Haku said. Kagome nodded her head and held onto his hand tighter.

"Master Haku! You're back!" something buzzed. Then, something landed on Kagome. IT tickled her terribly. She had to swat it away…just need to see where it is. "A human!" the bee buzzed.

Haku quickly stunned it with a blast of power and ran with Kagome. He ducked under several ladies dresses and scared some spirits into dropping their gold. Haku opened a door with his hand and ran with Kagome through it and a few other ones. He was going so fast that Kagome had to close her eyes or the wind would sting them. They finally stopped in a beautiful garden full of cherry trees and rose bushes. "I'm so sorry Haku! I opened my eyes! But-that thing was tickling me and I had to swat it!" Kagome cried.

"It's okay. I would have done the same. But now, I must leave you. You need to go to the boiler Komaji and ask for a job. We will try as hard as he can to turn you down, but keep insisting, or else the witch that owns the place, Yubaba, will turn you into a chicken. When thing settle down, go down those longs flight of stairs and into the little door at the bottom. Be careful," Haku said.

"No! I don't want to be alone! Don't leave me!" she said frantically.

"Don't worry Kagome. You'll be fine," Haku said comfortingly.

"How do you know my name? I never told it to you before," Kagome asked.

"I knew you when you were very little," Haku said smiling at her. "But I must go now. Remember, you MUST get a job. I will be back to help you very soon." As Haku was about to stand up and leave, Kagome flung herself onto him and hugged him tight.

"Promise you'll come back?" she asked, voice wavering slightly.

"I promise. And remember, I'm your friend okay," Haku said, gently removing himself and getting up and leaving. He walked into the house that was 20 feet away from them and disappeared from Kagome's line of sight. Kagome curled up into a ball and rested her head on her knees, waiting for things to become quieter.

Preview of the next chapter:

Little black spider looking things carried coal to the furnace and there them in. Kagome watched them in amazement. They were so cute. The spider guy hit his wooden mallet several times and the spiders stopped. They made little squeaking noises and scampered back into their holes. Kagome stepped into the area.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this. This will be played like the movie Spirited Away, but with my own twists. If you have any questions, please ask them and leave your email address so I can answer you. Please leave a review, it will encourage me! ~^-^~ Sly