Spirited Away Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Soul of a Dragon ❯ Komaji and Fox ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Spirited Away or Inuyasha, I a merely twisting them into my own sick plot. Please enjoy! ~^-^~ Ooh-n Spirited Away spoilers, so beware. Chapter is dedicated to my Dad. To Kitsune Addict, if you give me your email address; I will email you a picture of Haku.

Chapter Three:

Kagome let her mind wander as she waited. Haku seemed really nice…Kind of familiar…Haku…Kagome blushed as she remembered how she hugged him and he returned the embrace. Kagome shook her head. Now was definitely not the time. Well, at least things had gotten quieter since Haku went inside. People were no longer yelling for him. Kagome looked around quickly and saw no one coming. She got on all fours and started crawling through the bushes and grass. She liked the feel of dirt under her hands and had the strong urge to take off her shoes and feel the dirt under her feet too. Kagome stated daydreaming. One day, when she was older, she wanted to have a big house. Then her and Haku could have many kids and-whoa! Where did that come from? Okay, Haku was cute and she wouldn't mind-BAM! Kagome's head met with the cold, gray, metal door that Haku had told her about. Kagome fell onto her butt and rubbed her head, her eyes watering.

After a few minutes of recuperation, Kagome reached up for the metal doorknob. It was cool and smooth. She quickly opened the door and slipped inside. Kagome looked down at the stairs and nearly fainted. There were at least 1,000 stairs and they were STEEP! Kagome very carefully and cautiously stepped on the first wooden stair. The terrible creaking noise it made when she put all her weight on it made her flinch. Good, only 999 left to go she thought grimly. 502, 501, 50-"AHHH!!!!" Kagome cried as the step she was on broke. Kagome grabbed onto the stair, the broken wood splintering her hand. Kagome gave a yelp of pain and felt tears rush into her eyes. "Nnnn…" Kagome struggled as she tried to pull herself up. She grabbed the stair with her other hand and pulled herself up. When Kagome finally managed to get herself up, she was sweating.

She looked down at her hands and winced. They were all bloody and big pieces of wood were sticking out of them. Kagome pulled the splinters out, squeezing her eyes shut in a vain attempt to keep the tears in. Kagome finally got up. She flew down the rest of the stairs and panted when she got to the bottom. She looked at the door in front of her and used her good hand to hold the handle. She took a deep breath and opened the door. Kagome walked into the dark, damp, hot chamber. She walked forward a few feet into a brightly lit area. The contrast was so great that she had to shield her eyes for a minute or two before they got used to it. She looked around and saw a spider looking man with a big, bushy, gray mustache, a little tuft of hair, and black sunglasses mixing things in a bowl.

Little black spider looking things carried coal to the furnace and there them in. Kagome watched them in amazement. They were so cute. The spider guy hit his wooden mallet several times and the spiders stopped. They made little squeaking noises and scampered back into their holes. Kagome stepped into the area. "Uh-excuse me Sir. Are you Komaji?" Kagome asked timidly.

The spider guy ignored her. Suddenly five blue pieces of wood fell in front of the spider gut. "WHAT?! Five all at once?!" he yelled. He hit his wooden mallet again and yelled out, "Get back to work you lazy bums!" The spiders, or Fluffs as Kagome nick named them, came scampering back out and throwing coal into the furnace again, as the spider guy started grabbing herbal grasses from jars everywhere and mixing them and so on.

"Excuse me Sir, are you Komaji? Haku told me to ask you for a job," Kagome said more boldly. The spider guy finished his mixing and looked at Kagome.

"Yes, I am Komaji; slave to the master Yubaba. What do you want?" Komaji said.

"Please Sir, I want a job," Kagome said.

"Go away, there's no need for your help," he replied.

"Please Mr. Komaji, I want a job!" Kagome persisted. "If I don't get a job then I can't help my parents!"

"I don't need any help," he stated. More blue wooden pieces fell down. "Come on! Hurry up!" The Fluffs threw more coal into the furnace. Kagome went and stood by their holes, watching them. Suddenly, Komaji's hand came out towards her. "Move over girl," he stated, reaching into the jar she was blocking and getting some grass. Another Fluff came out, carrying an extremely large piece of coal. It struggled with it for a few moments before it was crushed.

"Oh!" Kagome cried, bending over to lift the coal off of him. She noticed that he had a little white spot on his head. It bowed to her and left to get more coal. Kagome watched the other Fluffs and copied what they were doing. The coal was heavy, 50 pounds it seemed. Kagome struggled to get it over to the fire. She had to put it down more than once before she finally got there. With whatever strength she had left, she lifted the coal up and threw it into the furnace. Kagome trudged into the corner and wiped the sweat off her face. She looked down to see her hand had stopped bleeding.

Then, a female voice called out, "Break time. Come and get it," a girl with long, strawberry blond hair and blue eyes with a hint of gray said. She went over to Komaji and gave him a dumpling. Then, she threw some rice out for the Fluffs. The white spotted Fluff, Dot, as Kagome named it, went over and offered her a piece of rice. The girl looked over and saw Kagome. "You're the one! You're the one everyone is looking for!"

"Calm down Fox, this is my niece. She wants to work here," Komaji said.

Fox looked doubtful. "I don't know."

"Kagome, you must go see Yubaba and make a deal wit her if you want a job. Fox will show you the way," Komaji said.

"WHAT?! I don't wanna go up there! Are you crazy?!" Fox screamed.

"I'll give you this piece of chocolate if you do," Komaji said, using one of his hands to hold a piece of dark chocolate in front of Fox. She looked away for a minute before grabbing it.

"Fine. Come on girl," she said. She turned around and started walking away. Kagome quickly followed her. "Leave your shoes and socks. You don't need them anymore." Kagome nodded and took off her shoes and stuffed her socks into them. The Fluffs gathered around them and Dot jumped into one. Kagome smiled at them.

Preview of the next chapter:

"Your new name will be Suru," Yubaba said. "Answer me Suru!"

"Y-yes ma'am!" Suru said.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this. This will be played like the movie Spirited Away, but with my own twists. If you have any questions, please ask them and leave your email address so I can answer you. Please leave a review, it will encourage me! ~^-^~ Sly