Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Fables ❯ Carnal Cravings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not, unfortunately, own Spirited Away, its origin, characters, or anything else for that matter. All rights belong to its creator, Hayao Miyazaki, and Studio Ghibli. I claim only meager rights to my creations, and the plot behind this point of fiction.
 
Chapter 2: Carnal Cravings
 
Everything seemed to fade slightly in my vision. The clarity that had once captivated me was gone. The beauty I had beheld now sickened me. It was only a twisted version of its earlier innocence. I visibly trembled as Seiji tightened his arms around me, holding me tightly against him, as if at any moment I would disappear. My mouth had gone dry and my throat had grown tight with suppressed panic. I could not fall apart. If I did all hope would be lost, and I would not have the clearness of mind that was needed. Despite my resolve, tears began to escape from my eyes.
 
“Seiji, please…”
 
This was not right. Why couldn't he see it? This place wasn't right, and Seiji wasn't right. I could not understand how the boy I had known for seven years had changed so. What happened to the caring, light-hearted, reserved Seiji?
 
“Let me go, Seiji.” I tried to sound authoritative, but my voice broke at the end.
 
“No, I won't share. I'm tired of sharing.” He whispered in my ear. Seiji began to move forward, taking me with him, towards the blanket. I twisted in his arms and tried to free myself.
 
“No, let me go!” I cried out. He was so strong. So I dug my heels into the earth. If I could cause us to fall over maybe his grip would loosen. Seiji continued forward as if the resistance was nothing. I pushed harder, putting all of my strength against him.
 
“Chihiro...” Seiji's tone hardened. He stopped and did the unthinkable, he let go of me. I fell hard, under my own momentum, on my backside. Seiji was in front of me immediately, pulling me up to face him before I had time to react.
“You can't get away.” He moved me closer to him, his eyes communicating what he had not said in words. I felt sick.
 
“You're mine, Chihiro. You've always been mine.” I could feel his breath on my face. He was too close.
 
“My Chiro.” His lips crushed against my own, and again I tried to force myself away from him. His grip was like iron. A sob escaped me and I brought my knee up as hard as I could. His hold on me slackened and I shoved him away. I stumbled back and lost my balance as Seiji fell to the ground with an outcry. My hands were shaking and I bit my lip trying to hold the sobs inside. I failed. I should get up. I should run away, but I couldn't move. I couldn't take my eyes from the contorted face of my friend. Friend? The word made me cry even harder. Had he ever been my friend?
 
“Chihiro…?” I blinked to see Seiji's pain filled eyes. His cheeks were glistening like my own. I shook my head. His face twisted in an agony that I had never seen.
 
“Chihiro, I'm so sorry…” It was as if the Seiji I had always known was speaking to me again. His body began to shake and he continued to repeat those words like a chant. My heart broke at what I saw before me. Slowly, I began to crawl towards him. Every fiber in my being screamed at me to go the other way, but I could not just abandon him. I could not betray him. It was stupid. I knew it, and yet I could not help myself. I was afraid. I stopped. Then what am I doing?
 
“Chihiro.” I looked down to see Seiji staring at me through tear filled eyes. “Go now.”
 
I stared at him in confusion. His face grew more intense and he clenched his hands into fists.
 
“If you don't, I will, I can't control myself.” He looked at me helplessly. “Please, go.” He begged.
“What?” I finally found my voice.
 
“Leave!” He yelled at me. His face darkened and I began to recognize the same expression from earlier.
 
“Go, or I will hurt you!” I jumped back at the sudden vehemence, and knew it was the truth.
 
“You stupid girl!” Seiji screamed and I pulled myself up and ran. Branches snapped at me tearing at my clothes and skin, but I kept running. I stumbled and tripped countless times. Each time I got back up and ran. I had no idea where I was going, but it didn't matter. I felt it, the chill behind me; I had to get farther away. Everything burned, my eyes, my legs, my lungs. I could barely see between the falling darkness and my tears, but I kept going. One thought ran over and over in my mind, get out. I had to get out. If I didn't, I screamed as the ground gave away under me. I landed on my back and continued to tumble downward. The only thing I could distinguish was the large shadows I passed. At some point my head clipped one of them. I saw bright white and then nothing.
 
*************
 
Very slowly the world of senses returned to me. I lay on a flat surface and heard the crunch of leaves as I stirred. I opened my eyes. It was fully dark now, but I could make out the distinct shape of trees in the pale moonlight. I turned onto my side and almost vomited as I did.
 
“Easy now, I wouldn't want you to spoil yourself.” I froze at the low harsh voice that addressed me.
 
“You've been a really troublesome human.” The sound of footfalls on leaves came from behind me. I forced myself to breath slow, despite the knot that was growing in the pit of my stomach.
 
“You look tantalizing; however, so I'm sure the effort was worth it. Though, I am not sure if you will completely satisfy me.” Crunch, crunch, crunch, they were closer now. Directly behind me, I was sure, I could feel the piercing gaze in my back. I shuddered.
 
“It's good that I have two of you.” Two, my thoughts went immediately to Seiji.
 
“Now, be a good girl and hold still.” I couldn't have moved if I had wanted. All my strength seemed to leave me at those words. I could do nothing as a clawed hand grabbed my arm and flipped me flat on my back. I was horrified as I looked into eyes that were black orbs set in a grotesque face. Two long horns grew out from its head and it smiled at me showing a row of sharp blackened teeth. A demon! All the old stories and myths I had heard over the years came back to me and flooded my mind with their terror. The demon leaned down towards me.
 
“You smell delicious.” His words caught in my mind. They hung on the familiar, pushing through my fear and the threat before me. What was it about those words? In my minds eye I could almost see it.
 
Hey, you smell that? Something smells delicious.
 
Daddy, why did that remind me of him? A scream broke the silence and I stared into the demons outraged face. I couldn't tell if it was my scream or his, but I felt a cold spread from my stomach to the rest of my body. A red flare of light blinded me, the cold turned to heat and then there was darkness.
 
 
 
A/N: I know, short chapter, another cliffy, and more questions. Well I can promise that eventually they will be answered, and that the next chapter will be longer. Thank you very much for reading, and I will try to have chapter 3 up very soon.