Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi ❯ IV ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

NIGIHAYAMI KOHAKU NUSHI

-IV-

It was 6:30 in the evening, according to the large clock that stood before me. Off to my right, beyond the bridge, stood the Aburaya. Its flag waved regally through the wind, as its first customers were making their way inside. The Aogaeru and the Yuna were cheerfully crying out their welcomes, making sure that their customers were sorely missed. The whole bath house was buzzing so much with activity that I sighed in relief that I made it to the receptionist with only a bump from one of the waiters.

"Excuse me," I called out to what seems to be the foreman.

"Oh yes, what can I do for you, young master?"

"I would like--"

"To have a hot bath?"

"No I just--"

"Ah, a massage then?" He grinned at me in a way that I couldn't understand. "We have an assortment of young and beautiful women who would gladly do the job..."

I shook my head feverently at the thought. "NO! What I mean is--"

"I know! You would like to have both! Why didn't you say so in the first place?" He clapped his hands. "LIN!"

I slapped my palm to my forehead and sighed in frustration.

* * *

"So, young master, you would like to avail of our hot bath and massage services?" Lin had turned out to be a young woman in her twenties, with long black hair and tall build. She was pretty, I admit, unlike a certain--

"I'm sorry, but I think the foreman misunderstood me." I looked up at her. "What I want is to see Yubaba."

Her eyes bulged out so much I thought they were going to fall off from their sockets. "What?! Why in the gods' name do you want to see her?!"

"I want to ask for her help."

"Are you in--" She looked around abruptly, then pulled me out of the bath house into a garden. "Are you insane?!"

I frowned at her. "I see no insanity in asking for help."

"In this case it is!" She placed her forehead against mine and despite the circumstance I blushed. "You are a demi-god. I bet whatever your problem is you can solve it on your own."

I pulled away from her and looked away. "No I can't. I am not powerful enough."

She raised an eyebrow at me." How do you know?"

"Because it is this weakness that cost me my own home!" I hung my head, feeling depressed all over again. "I wasn't strong enough to protect it...that's why...that's why I need her help..."

There was silence between us. I bit my lip and gulped down the growing lump in my throat. I can't let this woman see me like this...

"Say," She said finally after some time. "Is that a roasted newt in your pocket?"

I looked down to my side pocket, and sure enough it was there. "It must have dropped there when I bumped into that waiter..."

She put a hand on her hip. "Well then, you give me that and I'll make sure you get right where Yubaba lives." She smirked.

I couldn't help but smirk back. "Deal."