Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi ❯ V ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

NIGIHAYAMI KOHAKU NUSHI

-V-

After a series of running, ducking and hiding with Lin, I finally arrived at what seems to be the most secluded area in the whole bath house...the area where the sorceress Yubaba lives.

I glanced around, taking in the area's vastness. The bath house is a whole lot bigger than it looks from the outside...I thought to myself.

I took a step, but then suddenly the floor opened up under me. For a moment I panicked as I fell, but I managed to hold myself together. I closed my eyes, then felt the familiar sensation as I transformed into my dragon form.

I looked up, my eyes searching for the hold I had fallen through. But alas, the hole had somehow disappeared.

Kaahhk!!

I roared in pain. Something had bitten me! I quickly turned around to face my assailant...and gasped.

He looks just like me...

* * *

I panted heavily, taking in some much needed air. Who knows when I will be able to breathe again before that dragon attacked me once more? I could feel some of my blood drip down my face and my body.

Unfortunately, my opponent didn't share my sentiments. Even after all the attacks I gave him, he was still without a scratch!

He growled fiercely and launched himself towards me. I dodged to the right, and proceeded to dive down although I was still unsure on what was below me. I flew downwards as hard as I could and to my relief I could see some light.

I had almost reached the bottom when I sensed something else below me. I halted and pulled myself sideways towards the wall. I was right. There were spirits below me. But these weren't ordinary ones. These were cursed spirits, known and feared to devour any being that came their way. They were apparently being kept here by Yubaba to ward off unwanted intruders.

The thought was funny, and I felt myself smirk despite the situation. Unwanted eh? We'll see about that!

I waited for my imposter to appear, so that I could launch a...

Wait...imposter...

...that's it!

I flew across the chained spirits and towards another hole similar to the one I fell in. True enough, the imposted followed me. I halted, and waited for him to come to me. Just before he reached me I dodged to the left and dove under him.

"Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi!!!" As soon as I said this an incredible tsunami washed over the imposter.

I watched as the gigantic wave carried my suprised enemy upwards. The Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi did not only serve as my name, it was also a summoning device that gave way to my strongest spell.