Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi ❯ VII ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

NIGIHAYAMI KOHAKU NUSHI

-VII-

I opened my eyes, feeling the setting sun shine upon my face. At around this time, I'm the only one awake. The workers are still asleep, and Yubaba's still out.

I stood up and walked over to the balcony of my room. I guess this is one thing I'm thankful of to Yubaba--having my own room. I could also move around freely. Four years of training and hard work had indeed worked out. The other bath house workers' movements are limited and share rooms in groups of fifteen or even twenty.

Suddenly I heard a sound below me. It was the Train, on its way to carry passengers all over the Spirit world. I've always wondered what it was like riding on that train, since I've never needed to ride one in order to get around.

Seeing the Train reminded me of the work I've got to do. Time to get serious, I thought to myself as I left the room.

* * *

The bath house was in good shape, as it always was. I've got to hand it to Lina dn the girls, they always did a good job of maintaining the cleanliness of the bath house. I meant to compliment them for sometime now, but I have no idea how. So I choose not to say anything at all. Hence my reputation as a cold and heartless bastard.

I stepped outside to check on the grounds. Sometimes thieves are lurking nearby, attracted to the gold horde in the bath house. But no one ever got past me.

Tap tap tap tap!

Somethings's here! I glanced over to the bridge. It came frome there...

True enough, he spotted a figure leaning over one side of the bridge. It didn't look menacing, but then again most dangerous creatures usually do. I quickly ran over it to investigate.

...but I halted immediately after seeing that IT was a human...

An image suddenly entered my mind. A young girl playing at a river bank.

...IT was a girl...

Another image. The same girl, smiling.

...and her name...was Chihiro.