Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi ❯ Interlude ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

NIGIHAYAMI KOHAKU NUSHI

-INTERLUDE-

Thus starts the life of this young river god in the Spirit World. He worked and trained under the wing of a powerful sorceress. As time passes, he became very skilled in the art of magic as well as attained a high level of respect from the bath house workers, and even from the sorceress herself.

But these accomplishments did not come without a price. His training was so tedious and difficult, that he had come to harden himself physically and emotionally so that he would not be hurt easily. The missions that he would be sent to were even more difficult, up to the point of becoming dangerous most of the time. He would often be tasked by the greedy sorceress to steal various priceless items from other gods. Although his missions were considered secret, rumors do leak around the bath house. The respect that he was given was now combined with fear, except in the case of two--a six-legged old man and a dark haired young woman.

Yet the heaviest price that heaviest price that he had to pay was the loss of his name. He had witnessed countless spirits sign their contracts and along with their souls their names were taken. Now they were just spirits without a name. Without an identity. They had neither a past nor a future; they only lived in the present, aiming for one selfish desire--gold.

And he knew that he was just as selfish like them in every way. He had no identity, no past, no future. Even though gold may not be his desire, power was. He wanted to become stronger and more powerful each day.

But for what, he didn't know...he didn't remember.

This is a story of life and death....

...of love and desire...

...of fate and choice.

NIGIHAYAMI KOHAKU NUSHI

Based on Hayao Miyazaki's

SPIRITED AWAY