Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi ❯ XI ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

-NIGIHAYAMI KOHAKU NUSHI-

-XI-

Swamp Bottom?! IS she that cruel to send me to that....for lack of a better term....that witch?! She's almost as powerful, no...is as powerful as Yubaba herself!

"You're making a face, Haku. Are you complaining?"

I held my eyes at her, though I could feel my hands ball up into fists at my sides. "Shall I get it now?"

Yubaba returned to her desk. "You shall leave tomorrow. Right now you have to do something else."

"What is it?"

"Just standby for now. I will call for you."

I bowed. "As you wish."

* * *

It wasn't long after that I heard the familiar ring of the bell in my room. I stood up from my bed and straightened my clothes before heading back to Yubaba's room.

And the first thing I saw when I entered was Chihiro. But I resisted the urge to look at her and focused my eyes on Yubaba. "Did you call?" I could sense her eyes on me.

"This child's starting to work as of now. Look after her."

"Yes." Then I turned to look at her, barely able to hold in a sigh of relief. She made it, good girl...

"Your name?"

I regretted asking that to her as she seemed taken aback...but I had to. It was routine for new workers.

"What? Chi...oh, I'm Sen."

She was beginning to forget...I better do something about this quickly. "Follow me then, Sen."

I led her out of the room, and into the elevator that went down into the workers' quarters.

"Haku...um..."

"No idle chatter. And call me Master Haku."