Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi ❯ XII ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

NIGIHAYAMI KOHAKU NUSHI

-XII-

As I led Chihiro towards the servants' quarters, I began to ponder over the things I had said to her. I knew she must have been very confused, and I don't blame her. After all, I've been friednly to her and now my attitude's changed. It's as if I never knew her at all.

But then again, do I even know her at all?

For all I can remember, I met her just awhile ago.

...what am I to her?

...what is she to me?

* * *

"Even on Yubaba's orders..."

"...we can't allow humans."

I looked around at the attendants. I knew they wouldn't agree, but I have to convince them somehow. If they don't agree and send Chihiro out, she'll...

"Her contract's signed." I said.

"What?" Now they'll have to her in. I glanced briefly at Chihiro, who had bowed and said, "It is an honor to work with you everyone."

"Don't send her to us, can't bear that human stink!"

I glared at the Yuna who said that. I wanted to tell her that "It is YOu who stunk, you greedy woman!" but I knew that would only aggravate them further and would be less likely to take Chihiro in, and so I said instead...

"Three days of eating our food and her smell will vanish. If she's still useless then, fry her, boil her, do with her as you will."

Amidst all the commotion, I could see that Chihiro's face held a frightened expression. This was a huge risk on her trust, but I had to make them take her in, no matter what. I'm sorry, Chihiro...

"Back to work!" I called out. "Where's Lin?!" That's right, Lin would be the safest person to entrust Chihiro to.

"Don't dump her on me!"

I turned to the direction of her voice from across the room. "You wanted help."

The head attendants laughed. Lin is a human spirit, and in this bath house they are looked down upon. I could only narrow my eyes at them. Lin is one of the only two people I trust.

I turned to Chihiro. "Go, Sen." Trust me on this..

"Yes Sir."

I left the room hearing Lin say, "What a pain. You're gonna pay for this."

I smiled.