Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: SuperNOVA ❯ Rage of a Mother ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Rage of a Mother
 
Time: 10:00 PM
Place: Tokyo, Japan
 
That night, Tai and Sora came home. “Kaori! We're home!” Tai cried,
“Kaori?” Sora said. It seems that she disappeared.
“Sora!” Tai cried, “I found a note!”
Sora ran to the guest bedroom. She found a couple of items. There was a copy of a video game called “Sonic Adventure 2” for the Sega Dreamcast and another of “Sonic Adventure 2: Battle” for the Nintendo GameCube. Beside them was that note Tai found. They both read…
 
Dear Tai Kamiya and Sora Takenouchi,
 
Thanks for your hospitality in my time of need. As promised, I left you both a copy of a somewhat similar game for two different consoles: “Sonic Adventure 2” for the Sega Dreamcast and “Sonic Adventure 2: Battle” for the Nintendo GameCube. That is my gift to you. I'm sorry I could not stay long. I still have a mission to accomplish. I'm going out to clear my name and find the person responsible for this disaster and bring him or her to justice. But, if I need anything, I will let you know. Say hi to Agumon and Biyomon for me, OK?
 
Sincerely,
 
Kaori Sakumai Gonzalez
 
P.S. When we meet again, tell me which version was better.
 
Meanwhile, Kaori wandered the streets of Tokyo searching for answers to her mystifying ambiguity of her mistaken criminal activity. Just then, she heard, “There she is! Get her!”
“Oh great!” Kaori cried, “Don't they just give up?!”
And she ran off. “Listen up, men!” The soldiers' sergeant cried, “Whoever captures the girl first gets a free trip to Toronto!”
“Move it, punk!” one soldier cried, “I'm going to see the CN Tower first!”
“Where is Athena when I need her most?!” Kaori thought,
Meanwhile, in a condominium in the suburbs of Tokyo, a young girl with black flowing hair and a headband was working on a machine whilst listening to the radio for many J-Pop tunes. “Hmm... only a few more screws and adjustments. I'm almost there.” She said.
Afterwards, she unveiled her new machine. “I present to you... The HDV 9000! This digging walker is designed to blast powerful tunes and dig out Chaos Emeralds! I'm so excited! I can't wait to show it to Kaori!” The machine itself is black, but it contained blue flames as decal. It also contained a flaming blue phoenix in the back of the machine.
Just then, the radio crackled. “We interrupt this program for a special news report. Radio Japan brings you the latest news and the top story is happening within the capital city of Tokyo. There is a robbery occurring in the Sakura Bank in the Ginza district. Astonishingly enough, the only thing that was stolen was a Chaos Emerald!”
“This is important.” The girl thought, and she walked to the radio.
Meanwhile, back in the apartment where Tai and Sora live, the two were having fun playing their separate consoles. It seems they simultaneously reached the second stage in the Hero Story. The radio in their apartment also turned on. But, they did not put much attention. They kept trying to best each other on the systems. After a short while, they finally tuned in to the radio. The news coverage kept going. “We now take you live to Tokyo Bridge where witnesses claim to have seen the world's greatest heroine, Kaori Gonzalez!”

“KAORI GONZALEZ!!!” They all cried out, including the girl who is miles away from Tai and Sora.
Meanwhile, on the Tokyo Bridge, a young woman resembling Kaori was holding a Chaos Emerald. She began to speak. “Of all the confusion these humans have caused, no wonder why they are never perfect. It is because they do not learn from their mistakes.”
Then, she thought, “Now I begin to understand why these humans need a better future...”
“Kaori Gonzalez!” Someone from the nearby helicopter yelled on a megaphone. “You are under arrest for the assault, battery and theft of the city of Tokyo! Drop the emerald and put your hands over your head!”
Unfortunately, the young woman did not comply. “You leave us no choice!” the speaker cried. “Now, we will show no mercy!”

A machine gun fired from the helicopter. The sounds made the young woman remember something from way back...
The young woman was trapped in a tube. Another woman who wore the same clothes as the trapped woman was faced with heavy gunshots from enemy soldiers. She took many bullets to her chest. She fell to her death. The young woman in the tube cried, “Tomoyo!!!”
The fallen body was laid to rest. “No!!! Tomoyo!!!” her friend cried,
“Abortion activated.” A voice said

“FIRE!!!” An old professor who is in chains cried

A bullet ricocheted off the Chaos Emerald and it fell down the bridge, bouncing on the beam. The young woman thought, “What's going on?! Why am I feeling this way?!” Then she remembers the ill-fated day.
“Members of the Space Colony ARK, welcome.” A voice said in the P.A. “You are currently on floor 10-E. We hope you have enjoyed your stay.”
Two people are running. They are women... somewhat identical women. One of them is wearing a red qipao. The other is in a blue qipao, but she also has pigtails. “Where are we?” One asked, “Wait a second... Isn't this the area where Professor Gerald stated that it is off-limits to us?”
“Come on, Sakura!” the other woman said, “There is not much time! We got to leave this place!”
“But, Tomoyo!” Sakura cried, “Where is everyone else? I'm scared!”
Meanwhile, in another room, soldiers saw activity on the floor via an Automap. “I found them! They are heading to the escape pod!” one cried,
A squad was sent out to capture them. “Don't let them get away!” The squad leader cried, “Those two must be captured and beaten!”
Ahead of them, Sakura and Tomoyo reached the emergency exit. “It's all right, Sakura!” she cried, “We're going to make it!”
They both opened the door. “Everything is going to be OK.” Tomoyo continued
They heard footsteps. “We better hurry!” Sakura cried, and she started the countdown.
The P.A. said, “Abortion sequence ready in one minute.”
“Ready, Tomoyo?” Sakura cried,
Just then, the soldiers busted inside. “There they are! Shoot them!”
“Oh no!” They both cried.
“Leave them to me, Tomoyo.” Sakura cried, “Let me deal with these soldiers!”
Then, she felt something. It was an unpleasant feeling. Sakura was tossed into the escape pod! Tomoyo rushed to close the door of the escape pod!
“Tomoyo!” Sakura cried, “What are you doing?!”
“I'm sorry, Sakura.” Tomoyo cried, “You're the only one who can end the confusion the world has endured! Please give the people on Earth a second chance and make their lives happy again! Please say that you can do this...”
“I don't know...” Sakura cried,
“Say you can do it!” Tomoyo cried hard
“I... will.” Sakura said slowly. “I promise to make the world a better place.”
“Friends forever.” Tomoyo told Sakura
Then, Tomoyo turned around. “Stay away from my friend!” she cried to the soldiers.
“No! Tomoyo!” Sakura cried,
“Abortion sequence in 10 seconds.” The P.A. stated
“No! Tomoyo!” Sakura cried, “Don't do this! Let me help you!”
“You've done enough.” Tomoyo said. Her last words were… “You will always remain in my heart… I wish you well…”

“FIRE!!!” The soldiers cried
On the bridge, a sergeant called his walkie-talkie. “Sir! The Chaos Emerald has been retrieved. Our mission is complete. Over.” He stated
“Roger that.” The general on the other line said, “No need to wait for further orders. Capture the girl and head back to base.”
“Copy that.” The sergeant said, “Over and out.”
“Soldiers!” He then cried, “Do whatever you can to capture the girl!”
One of the soldiers looked up the girl and said, “Look at her standing there! What is she? A statue of sorts? I think she is stunned like someone stuck a taser up her butt!”
They all laughed. “No!” Another soldier cried, “She is scared stiff!”
Then, they taunted her. “What's the matter, sweetie? You want your precious emerald back?”
They were laughing at her at every whim. Then, she felt a rage in her body. The young woman's black qipao began to burn like the fires of Hell. The `ten' kanji appeared on her back in burning red flame. She got into a horse stance, in an attempt to power up. She was covered in a flaming inferno. Then… she jumped up. She stretched out her left arm. The flames transferred from her body into a ball contained into her fist. She screamed, “Tenma…”
“Oh God.” The helicopter people cried,
“…Gou Zankuu!” Her ball of flame shot out of her arm and… blasted the helicopter into small pieces, killing everyone inside.
“No way!” The soldiers cried, “She took out that chopper in one shot!”
The girl flew right into the beam and grinded down to the street level. The sergeant cried, “Enemy approaching! Shoot her down!”
Then he said to himself, “It will be a piece of cake. What can one girl do against 20 of us soldiers?”
Nothing was done. He cried, “Shoot her! That's an order!”
Then, he looked around. All of his squad were killed by the girl's fists and feet. The girl looks at the sergeant. “Call in reinforcements, now!” he cried,
Immediately, guns were pointed at the young woman. Soldiers crowded her like a mob. Even missiles were pointed at her like a bull's-eye.
“So… You are willing to shoot me?” The girl said, “OK. Go ahead. Try me. But… I have one thing to ask, and I will not repeat this again. Give up the emerald to me or you will face a far worse fate than death.”
“What?” The sergeant taunted, “With all of us here? I don't think so! Why, you don't stand a chance against us!”
“You underestimate me.” The girl continued, “I'm disappointed. You leave me no choice.” Then, she got into a horse stance.
Her raging flames appeared, containing her body. Her eyes were shut, and then… she opened them with rage. She screams, “CHAOS…”