Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: SuperNOVA ❯ Double Up ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17: Double Up
 
Time: 2:30 PM
Place: Meishin Expressway (30 kilometres eastbound from Hiroshima)
 
Cammy looked around the city for a sign of the HDV, but so far she has not had any luck seeing it. She waited by her new car which can do 200 km/h in a single burst. She was talking on her headset. “Hello.” She began, “Everything is going OK. I have learned that the Chaos Emeralds have powered the cannon to its potential... I am going to retrieve the Emeralds again when I have the chance.”
“Copy that.” The other side said, and then she heard a beep on the other line.
“I'll call you back.” Cammy said, and then she flipped to the other line.
“Hello, Bison.” She said, “I have no lock on the Chaos Emerald just yet. In fact, I have not spotted the carrier of such emerald yet.”
“Don't worry.” She continued, “I'll keep looking.”
Then, she spotted a blue and black plane. “Never mind! I have a lock, Bison! I'm going after it!” Then, she got in her car and blazed after what could be the HDV 9000! She sped along the freeway avoiding traffic as if they are bullets!
Surprisingly, the traffic did not move out of the way at all! Cammy fired her nitro booster rockets. Her car moved extremely fast!
Once again, the traffic did not see it coming! They did not even paid attention to the speeding car! As the wind blew by her face, she kept looking to the sky, hoping the plane would slow down. Cammy kept speeding up and not giving up her chase. Then, she sees a figure right on the memorial hilltop of Hiroshima.
It seems that the figure was keeping an eye on the plane. Cammy spoke on the headset, “Sakura! Chaos Emerald on the blue plane, spotted at 11 o'clock!”
It was Sakura. She was watching the plane! She replied, “Copy that. I'm in pursuit.”
She disappeared from the hill she was on and grinded on a rail westbound. She kept up with the plane, jumping from hill to hill and from house to house. She was swift and silent like a ninja.
The trail continued from Hiroshima to Kobe. Sakura sped along the highway to catch up to the plane. She jumped swiftly and silently from various poles and high grounds.
The plane sped from Kobe to Osaka. She saw the Osaka Castle, but she stopped. She thought, “This was the place that there was a giant explosion occurred during a tournament my husband and I participated in…”
Then, she stopped. “What am I doing?! Why am I thinking about this now?! I have a plane to chase!” She kept moving.
The chase continued in Nagoya. Sakura was determined not to give up the chase of the plane.
After a wild chase that left Sakura in the dark in Akita, she looks up. The plane was heading north. “Bison…” she said trying to catch her breath after a multi-city chase, “The plane is heading to the base in Sapporo.”
“Just sit tight, Sakura.” Bison replied, “I have them on radar. There is no way they can get away.”
Sakura put down the radio slightly. “I do not know what they are planning, but rest assured, I will be sure to give them a warm welcome…”