Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: SuperNOVA ❯ Within the ARK ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 20: Within the ARK
 
A rocket was about to lift off! “Green light for launch!” a P.A. announced, “Primary engine ignition on! Beginning lift-off countdown!”
Luckily, Kaori and all of her friends boarded it! “10… 9… 8… 7… 6… 5… 4… 3… 2… 1… Shuttle lift-off!” It blasted out of the Shadowlaw facility and right into space!
It did not take long for them to find the Space Colony ARK. “So…” Kaori said, “That's the space colony where Bison is hiding.”
Then, the spaceship smashed something! “Ouch!” Kaori cried, “We're hit! Is everyone OK?!”
Just then, a shuttle door opens! Pieces of jewellery flew out into space! “Where they…” Jin said, “Oh no! Master Emerald pieces! Let me out of here now!”
“No way!” Kaori cried, “Get off the control panel now!”
Soon, the spaceship was out of control! “What?!” Kaori cried, “We're out of control!”

Everyone screamed for their lives!
 
Place: Space Colony ARK Landing Zone
Cannon Countdown: 2 hours 11 minutes
 
In a landing zone in the space colony, Kaori was pretty upset. “Jin can be such a jerk sometimes! He almost cost us our lives!” she cried, “Now where did he go?!”
“Looks like he left to do some other commitments.” Athena said,
Tai looked around. Agumon said, “Wow, Tai. This place was not known to you guys at all.”
“That's because it was shut down about 4 years ago.” Athena reported, “It was due to a terrible accident at the time. This is the first Bernoulli spherical space colony codenamed the ARK. When it was operational at the time, it was the most advanced research centre of its kind. But… looking at it now…”
“It's old.” Sora continued, “…and I must say… scary.”
“There is not much time before Bison fires that cannon again,” Kaori said, “So… is there a way to destroy it?”
Athena accessed the Automap of the ARK via her laptop. “I have something.” She said, “But, it is designed to be impenetrable from outside strikes, meaning it has a super-strong defence mechanism. We have to locate a way to destroy it from the inside.”
She took out a Chaos Emerald. “A Chaos Emerald?” Tai cried, “What are you going to do with that?!”
“It looks like it, doesn't it?” Athena said, “But in fact it's a fake one I created after researching the real Emerald. It has the same wavelength and properties, but is less powerful than the real one. It's designed to reverse the energy field inside the Chaos Emeralds, and blow up. It looks so real, even a machine can't tell the difference.”
“Cool!” Kaori said, “I will hang on to that.” She grabbed the emerald from Athena and placed it in her qipao pocket.
“Here's I what I have in mind.” Kaori said, “Athena and Sora, stay together. Locate the power supply and destroy it. Tai and I will locate the control room for the cannon. I will switch the real Chaos Emerald for the fake when the machine is not operational.”
“Be safe, ladies.” She said, “On you.”
“OK, then.” Athena said and she and Sora went ahead. Biyomon followed.

Kaori and Tai moved forward. Agumon followed them. Little did they know they were being watched…
Place: Space Colony ARK Central Control Room
 
Cammy was all by herself in the control room. She was talking on her headset, “Hello, Bison. What's going on?”
“What?!” she cried, “What do you mean they escaped?!”
“That's fine.” She said, comfort-like “I will go after them myself.”
“Can you tell me the password for the space colony control?” Then, she hung up.
“Hmph!” she said to herself, “That was too easy! Tricking that dictator is like taking candy from a baby!”
Then, she went to the computer. She typed the password. “L-U-I-S.”
The computer was loading some information. It ranged from weapons to scientific research. Cammy was skimming through for the information she wanted until finally… “Found it!” she cried, “Research Project Shadow! The ultimate life form!”
Then, she looked at the information. She was extremely astonished! “That cannot be true!” she cried, “What is Shadow anyway?!”

Then, she noticed on the screen Kaori, Athena, Tai and Sora. She also sees Jin in a field outside. Then, she said, “Time to go! I am dying for the last pieces of the Master Emerald!”
 
Place: Space Colony ARK Communications Centre
Cannon Countdown: 58 minutes
 
Bison looked at the screen. Sakura was standing right beside him. “What is Cammy up to anyway?” he said
Then, he noticed something. “This is odd. I am getting two energy readings from separate Chaos Emeralds. Could one of them be a fake?” He asked, “I think they are trying to trick me!”
Sakura left, but… “Hold it, Sakura!” Bison cried, “I will be one who should tell them the end is near, not you!”

“If anything happens to me, I'm counting on you to finish the job!” Bison cried, and he teleported out of the room!
Place: Space Colony ARK Central Control Room
Cannon Countdown: 45 minutes
 
“Athena!” Kaori cried, “Athena, do you copy?”
“Yes, Kaori!” Athena said on her walkie-talkie, “We're safe and we have shut down the power supply! Now, place the emerald…”
But, then there was sudden silence!
“Athena?” Kaori cried, “Athena?!”
“Help me, Kaori!” Athena cried,
“Tai!!!” Sora cried from the other end
Someone spoke, “Tell Kaori and Tai to meet you both back at the research facility. Now!!!!!”
“What?” Kaori cried, “What's going on?! Athena?!”
Tai cried, “What happened?! What's going on?!”
Kaori cried, “Goddamn it! Bison is holding them hostage! We got to go back for them!” She, Tai and Agumon ran off!