Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: SuperNOVA ❯ Final Heats ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 23: Final Heats
 
Place: Space Colony ARK Central Zone
Cannon Countdown: 21 minutes 7 seconds
 
Sakura was watching the explosion. She said to herself, “I guess she was someone plain after all…”
In the cannon control room, Cammy was looking at the Chaos Emeralds locked on to the Eclipse Cannon. She said to herself, “Legend has it that when all 7 Chaos Emeralds combine, the power creates a miracle.”
In her mind, she was jumping for joy! “I have all six of them!” she cried, “They are all mine!!!”
“Nice try.” Someone said. It was Sakura.
“So… that was your plan right from the start, huh?” Sakura continued, “Or… was it a direct order from the United Nations themselves? NOW I know who you are! You are the U.N. soldier, Cammy White! Am I right?!”
Cammy knew she was caught, but she played it cool. “So… you got me.” She said, “I have to say though it was an invasion of privacy.”
“I could say the same thing about you.” Sakura retorted back
“Your plan has not actually gone your way, has it?” Cammy said, “I have now done my part. I will now take what is rightfully mine and leave.”
“You are one pathetic young woman!” Sakura cried
“Hmph!” Cammy countered, “Look who's talking! What about you, huh?!”
Then, she picked up a printout. “Here are the results of the research project codenamed `The Ultimate Life Form'. But, if this picture is of the real ultimate life form named Shadow, then who or what is standing in front of me? Hmmm?”
Sakura was getting angry. She was about to get into her fighting position, until… “Sakura! This is Bison!”
It was from her walkie-talkie. “I now have all 7 Chaos Emeralds! Sakura! Someone is approaching the Eclipse Cannon! There is not much time before the cannon fires again! Can you get over there?”
“Roger that.” Sakura said, and she hung up. Then, she turned to Cammy. “If you value your life, I suggest you leave the Chaos Emeralds alone! The fake Emerald is what you are going to get!”
“Do you actually believe that you're the ultimate life form?” Cammy asked,
“No question about that!” Sakura replied
“Even your memories may not be real, you know.” Cammy continued

“Even if my memories are not real, I am still me.” Sakura said, “And I will fulfill my promise to Tomoyo and THAT'S the only thing that matters now!” Finally, she left to chase down the perpetrator.
Place: Space Colony ARK Sector J-5
 
In another sector, Jin was all alone. He felt something. He said, “I feel some strange energy…”
Then, a binding flash appeared! Jin covered his eyes. He looked who it was. It was Kaori! She lay right down on the floor. Jin rushed to her.
“Baby!” Jin cried, “Are you OK? What happened?”
Kaori awakened. “Jin?” she said, “Oh my God…”
“I was afraid that I was not able to pull that trick off.” She continued, “Somehow, I managed to use Chaos Control.”
“Chaos Control?” Jin asked,
He picked her up. “Are you going to be OK?” he asked
“Yeah, baby.” Kaori answered, “I'm going to be fine. I'm worried about Athena, Tai and Sora!”
Then, he turned to Jin. “I hate to ask, but could you help them out?”
“This is our last shot!” Then, she thought of something. “That's it! Before the cannon fires, I will toss this emerald inside!!!!!”
She ran, but she came back… to kiss Jin! “Wish me luck!” she said and she runs off.
“Good… luck.” Jin replied, embarrassed