Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: SuperNOVA ❯ A Startling Revelation & A Team Effort ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 25: A Startling Revelation & A Team Effort
 
Place: Space Colony ARK Central Control Room
 
Bison is at the control room… and he is extremely frustrated! The injuries he had suffered during a fight against Athena, VictoryGreymon and Phoenixmon are painful! “What's going on?!” he screamed, “Why won't the cannon fire?!”
The computer screen still read, “WARNING!” He screamed, “What?! What's going on here?!”

The console exploded! Bison screamed and he fell to his doom! In the fire, the computer was still intact! A figure appeared on the monitor… an old man with an extremely long beard!
Kaori and Jin ran back into the abandoned lab! They found Tai and Sora on the floor! They ran to wake them up!
Jin cried, “Tai! Wake up!”
Kaori cried, “Sora! Please wake up!”
They both slowly got up. “Huh?” Tai said,
“What… happened?” Sora asked
“They became Digimon!” Athena said from behind
“Athena!!!!!” Kaori cried and ran to hug her best friend! “Are you all right?!”
“I'm OK.” Athena said, still hurt from the fight with Bison. “I will live… God, I'm in pain!”
“What do you mean you became Digimon?!” Jin asked,
“It just… happened.” Sora answered, “My love for Tai made me come alive and give Biyomon strength and then all of a sudden… we are one. Our souls fused together!”
“Yeah…” Tai agreed, “My courage to love Sora made me fuse with Agumon and then… it's like we were one… but with greater strength than we had before.”
“Anyhow, we beat Bison!” he continued, “That's what he gets for messing with us!”
Then, they heard rumbling! “What's that… vibration?!” Jin asked,
Then, they heard footsteps. “Someone is approaching!” Kaori said,
They found Cammy! “Cammy!” Jin cried, “What are you doing here?!”
“It's all over for us!” Cammy said,
“What do you mean, it's all over?!” Jin said
“I just received a message from my boss at the United Nations.” Cammy reported, “The Space Colony ARK… is heading on a course for the planet Earth at an incredible velocity. It will probably… make an impact towards Earth… and destroy it.”
Then, they heard a fizzle at a nearby monitor! “What's that?!” Jin cried

They all turned to the monitor…
It was that same old man! His message is now playing all over the world on television screens everywhere! This is his message:
“This is a death sentence for every human being on Earth. If my calculations are correct, the Space Colony ARK will impact the Earth in twenty-seven minutes, twenty-three seconds. All of you will be destroyed, along with your beloved planet Earth.”

The ARK is like a fireball in the sky! It is heading towards the Earth!
A young blonde-haired man was living in a house playing his big bass guitar. He looks up at the stars and said, “I'm jealous of Tai! Why did Sora choose him over me?! What did he do to deserve a girlfriend like her?!”
“The answer is simple.” Someone else said. It was a wolf-like animal that is wearing a fur to keep itself warm. “He cares about her deeply and he is always willing to sacrifice himself for her.”
“Have you done anything like that, Matt?” it asked
Matt stopped and said, “No…”
He continued to speak, “I have not done anything like that for her. The two of them known each other for a long time, just like me and Tai. On a personal level, I should have stepped up! But… you know what, Gabumon? I think Sora deserves to be with Tai. I bet he will do a good job taking care of her.”
“That's the spirit, Matt!” Gabumon replied, and then he looked up to the sky. “Oh dear! What's that?!”
Matt looked up. He saw a burning fall of fire in the night sky! “Oh no! That fire is heading towards Earth! We have to stop it! But… how?”

Just then, his computer came on. He got an e-mail from someone…
In another home in Tokyo, a young red-haired man was working hard on his computer! An insect asked him, “Izzy, what's all the havoc about?”
“I looked at the sky, Tentomon!” the boy replied, “Whatever that fiery thing is, it's heading right towards Earth! We have to stop it and quick!”
“You're sending mass e-mail to all the others?” Tentomon asked,
“What choice do I have?” Izzy answered. He kept hammering away on the keyboard. He was sending e-mail to all of the Digi-destined! Unfortunately, only two bounced back.
“What's this?” Izzy asked, and he opened an e-mail. It was from Tai and Sora! It read:
Dear Koushiro “Izzy” Izumi,
 
Sorry we could not answer your e-mail. We are on an adventure of a life-time! Kaori, Athena and Jin (friends of ours) are stopping Bison from destroying Earth from a space colony! We're having a really fun time! We'll tell you afterwards!
 
Sincerely,
 
Tai Kamiya and Sora Takenouchi
 
Izzy said, “Oh my God! They're on that space colony?!”
“Come on, Tentomon!” he cried, “We have to go!”

“I'm on my way, Izzy!” Tentomon replied
In another place, at least in a coffee shop, a blue-haired young man with glasses was having coffee with a star-decorated pink-haired young woman. He said, “Thanks for taking me out to coffee, Mimi. You're a good person. I needed a break from all that surgery!”
“Thanks, Joe.” Mimi replied, “From what I am looking at, you are pretty good with the surgeries yourself.”
“Sometimes the innards of a Digimon gross me out.” Joe said, “I usually vomit when I see something like that.”
“Don't worry so much, Joe.” Mimi continued, “I know it's not easy for you to hold it in, but you have to try! Look at me! When I see weird fashion styles, I would want to vomit!”
“Don't do it on me, Mimi!” a plant Digimon named Palmon cried, “I would not want to use my Poison Ivy on you, but I will!”
“Enough gross out already!” a furry seal-esque Digimon named Gomamon cried, “If I ate fish, you would definitely hate its smell, even after vomiting it out!”
Just then, Joe's Palm Pilot rang out. “Hang on, Mimi.” He said and checked it. He opened an e-mail. It was from Izzy. It read: “Look up in the sky!”
Joe and Mimi looked up. A ball of fire is heading towards Earth! They both screamed! “I don't want to die!” Joe cried, “That would be my last wish!!!!!”
“Oh no!!!!!” Mimi cried, “I'm too cute and beautiful to die!!!!! What do we do?!”
“We save the planet!” Palmon and Gomamon cried on the table

“Oh.” Joe said, “I knew that.”
In another home, a couple of people were messing around on the bed! “Hey, guys!” someone cried. The two people got up. A brunette girl and a blonde guy got out of the bed!
“Patamon!” the blonde guy cried to a flying hamster Digimon.
“Give us some privacy!” the brunette girl cried to a cat Digimon
“Sorry, T.K. and Kari.” Patamon and Gatomon apologized, “But… look outside!”
They looked up at the sky! A giant ball of fire is heading towards Earth! They were afraid. “Oh no!” T.K. cried, “What do we do?!”
Then, they heard their computer go off. They rushed to it and checked their inbox. They read an e-mail from Izzy. “It must be urgent!” Kari cried. It is because it read…
Dear Takeru “T.K.” Takaishi and Hikari “Kari” Kamiya,
 
Sorry to rain on your parade (no pun intended), but the flaming ball that you saw is a space colony and it's heading towards Earth! We have to prepare to stop this force! Meet me in Odaiba at 1615 (That's 6:15 PM).
 
Sincerely,
 
Koushiro “Izzy” Izumi
 
P.S. Kari, Tai is inside that space colony! Pray that he will be all right…
 

“Oh my God!” Kari cried, “My brother is inside! I hope he is OK…”
Back at the space colony, everyone was watching the message from the old man. His message said, “I plan to give you a taste of my revenge, once all the seven Chaos Emeralds are collected. Once I initiate this program, it cannot be disabled. All of you ungrateful humans, who took everything away from me... will feel my loss, and despair!”
“Is there anything else you want to say?” an officer asked
“No…” the old man answered,
“What's going on here?!” Tai cried,
The rumbling continued! “Uhh… guys.” Jin said, “The vibration is getting worse!”
Athena studied the image and recognized the old man carefully. “That would be Professor Gerald Robotnik!” Athena cried
“Who is that guy?!” Tai asked frantically
“I did a research paper on him some time ago.” Athena said, “Professor Gerald Robotnik is one of the greatest minds of science. He's always been helping humanity by making new technology that will make life on Earth much easier. Ever since the massacre at this space colony 4 years ago, his mind began to be corrupted and he decided to bring humanity down with him. He had some friends who were with him at the time, but he lost them, so… he left us this message in wake of the fate that will come to us.”
Sora noticed something and picked it up. It was a small disc. “Hey, guys.” She said, “I found something.”
Athena and Cammy looked at it. “It's a disc!” Athena said, “Cammy, load it on to the monitor and let's see what's on it.”
Cammy loaded the disc onto the computer. “It's a diary… of the professor.” She said and she began to read out loud…
I don't quite know what happened, or what went wrong. Was it a mistake to create the Ultimate Life Form? I thought it would be something that would benefit mankind... But then the military guards landed on the Colony that day. They were sent to destroy the research project that I had been working on. My colleagues at the research facility, my two friends, Sakura and Tomoyo, I hope you are all safe. The colony was completely shut down, probably to prevent the prototype from falling into the wrong hands. The ARK was shut down under the premise that there had been an 'accident'. I found Tomoyo's name among those who died when the ARK was shut down. She meant everything to me! And I couldn't bear the thought that she died because of my research. I lost everything! I had nothing more to live for! I went insane!! All I could think about, was to avenge her! Somehow, someway, I got scared as I no longer was able to control my thoughts. All I could think about, was that I wanted it all to end. Based on my original projections, I was able to complete my project; Shadow Sakura. I designed its mind to be perfect, pure... I will leave everything, to her. If you wish, release and awaken it if you wish to fill the world with destruction.
 
“Wow…” Cammy said, “So, that's why Bison released Sakura from the military installation!”
“Speaking of which…” Kaori said, “Where's Bison?”
“He must have died in the blast.” Athena said, “Anyway, The core of the Eclipse Cannon is now highly reactive and explosive. This is because of the energy of the Chaos Emeralds is overpowering it. If the colony collides with Earth, it will shatter into pieces!”
“So…” Sora said, “We have to stop the Space Colony before it smashes Earth!”
“The Space Colony ARK's position may have shifted due to the amount of energy given off by the Emeralds.” Athena continued, “We have to stop the energy from overpowering!”
“How can this be done?” Sora asked,
“I think there is a way to stop the energy.” Cammy said and she turned to Jin, “Jin! We have to use your Emerald! You said to me that the Master Emerald is the only thing that can stop the power of the Chaos Emeralds!”
“Oh yeah!” Jin said and he took out the emerald. “If I use it, then I just might be able to stop the power of the Chaos Emeralds!”
“The reaction of the Chaos Emeralds is moving toward the Cannon's Core!” Athena cried, “It may be too late!”
“Not quite!” Kaori said, “There still may be time left. If we pull together, we might be able to get to the shortcut that leads to the core! Athena, you blast one of the security doors that lead to the core! Tai and Sora, take your Digimon with you and blast the other security door! Cammy, go to the dome and try to drain the liquid out of the core! Jin, locate the switch to the final security door after Cammy drains the liquid from the core! I will get past the energy field to reach the core!”
“Everyone ready?!” Kaori cried,
“Yeah!” Everyone cried,
“All right!” Kaori cried, “Let's get to work!”