Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: SuperNOVA ❯ Race to the Core ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 26: Race to the Core
 
Athena went first! A P.A. system cried, “System alert! System alert! The intruder has breached the security area! Initiate debug program!”
She blasted a bunch of robots in her path! “Athena, do you copy?” Kaori cried from the other side, “Now, eliminate one of the security doors that lead to the Cannon's Core!”
In no time, Athena reached the security and began to bash on it! Robots surrounded her! She jumped up and… shouted “Phoenix Fang Arrow!!!!” Her spinning body destroyed all the robots!
Then, she focused on her Psychic energy on the door. A couple of balls appeared around her. She held one in the air and she tossed it at the door! It destroyed it!
In another area, Sora and Tai were racing to another security door! Their Digimon provided cover fire. Then, they reached a room with moving cubes. “Nice work, Tai and Sora!” Kaori cried from their headset, “The second security door should be here! Take your best shots at it!”
“We'll destroy it!” Agumon cried and he jumped up
“Our firepower will take it down!” Biyomon agreed and flew up to the door.
They fired at the security door with multiple Pepper Breaths and Spiral Twisters! The security door is destroyed!
Cammy entered a dome. “Cammy!” Kaori cried, “There should be an emergency switch in the dome to drain the liquid from the core! See if you can locate it!”
“I found it!” Cammy reported, “But, it's locked right now!”
“That's OK.” Kaori reported, “There should be a switch that unlocks the dome. Please find it quickly!”
Cammy searched through various rooms within the giant dome. Then, she found a switch. It opened the dome! “The dome is open!” Kaori cried, “I repeat! The dome is open! Hurry, Cammy! Throw the switch and drain the liquid!”
Cammy rushed back to the central area and stepped on the switch. A door opens and liquid poured out like it was from a kettle! “System alert! System alert!” a P.A. cried, “Energy core drain program terminated! Self-prepare program rising!”
Cammy swam out. Jin grabbed her hand and pulled her up. “Jin, are you there?!” Kaori cried on his headset, “The final security door is in front of you! Locate the switch that opens the door!”
Jin swam in and looked around. He kept his air intact by blowing in bubbles! “Jin! I have located the switch via the AutoMap!” Kaori cried, “The security door control switch is accessible from the waterway there!”
Jin kept swimming in the tunnel until finally… he found the switch! He pressed on it. The door opened, “System alert! System alert!” The P.A. cried, “Primary lock system terminated! Initiate final defence systems!”
Kaori ran through the security door! “It's my turn now!” she cried,
“Go, Kaori!” Athena cried from Kaori's headset, “Get past the energy field and straight to the core! You're our last hope. We're counting on you!”
Kaori raced through the energy field and she grabbed onto a pole and swung down. “Kaori!” Athena cried, “You should have cleared the electrical disturbance! It's all up to you now!”
Kaori dropped into the liquid and slid down without stopping right to the core!