Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: SuperNOVA ❯ Memories & a Prototype ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 27: Memories & a Prototype
 
Place: Space Colony ARK Globe Research Lab
Colony Impact Time: 19 minutes 50 seconds
 
Tai and Sora were rushing to another spot. Then, they saw Sakura. She was looking out of the window right to Earth. “Who's that?” Tai asked,
“That must be Kaori's mother.” Sora replied, “We should talk to her. We're fighting hard to save the world and she has not done anything! Let's give her a talk.”
They walked right to Sakura. Agumon and Biyomon followed.
Tai asked, “Are you Mrs. Kinomoto-Gonzalez?”
“Yes.” Sakura answered, “But, please… call me Sakura.”
“OK… Sakura.” Tai said and he introduced himself, “I'm Tai Kamiya and this is my girlfriend, Sora Takenouchi. We both know your daughter.”
“Listen.” Tai continued, “Your daughter has done a lot to make it this far! Without her, all hope would have been lost… and faded! Please… you got to help us! We need you!”
“It's all according to plan.” Sakura replied, “There's no reason for me to help them. Besides, there's no way to save anyone!”
“There has to be a way!” Tai cried, “I know that people fight over silly things, like me and Sora were fighting over a silly hairclip at one time, but like the professor guy said, they are good if they try their best and never give up on their wishes!”
“Tai.” Sora butted in, “Let me do the talking.”
Sora went in front of Sakura. “Listen.” She began, “My mom was once in your position. She would not understand me and sometimes be extremely strict. At one time when I was younger, I was about to go to a soccer match with an injured knee. My mother would not allow me to go and instead help with the flower shop. I kept pushing her to allow me to go, but she kept saying no. Do you know what I said?”
Sora continued, “I said, `Why can't you understand me?!' I was so upset at the time. I did not speak to her for a long time. That is… until the attack on Odaiba. We now maintain a good relationship. I know you deny that you have a daughter, but the truth is… you have not taken the time to remember.”
“What do you know about my memories?!” Sakura screamed,
“I'm saying that maybe there is something that could remind you of your daughter!” Sora screamed, and then she calmed down “Don't make the same mistake my mom did. It's because of this that my mom and I had a hard time together when I was young.”
“Wow.” Tai whispered, “She's good.”
“Don't jinx it!” Biyomon whispered, “Sora's on a roll!”
“My wish is to become a top soccer player and a flower artist! It is wishes like these that made humans what they are… happy!” Sora continued, “That's why you should help your daughter out! Saving humans is a good thing! So… I ask you… and I beg of you! Please save your daughter! Give humans a chance to live!”
Then, it clicked! Sakura remembered Tomoyo's exact words! “Sakura… I beg of you... please, do it for me... for a better future... for all the people who live on that planet... give them a chance to be happy.”
Then, images of Sakura and Kaori lingered in her mind! “Let them live for their dreams. Sakura, I know you can do it. That's the reason that you were brought into this world. Sayonara, Sakura Kinomoto-Gonzalez!”
Sakura awakened and then she said, “That's what I promised her… I will now keep that promise… That's what Tomoyo would have wanted… and that's what my daughter would want too!”
Sakura began to cry. Then, she hugged Sora! “Go get her, Sakura!” Sora cried,
“Thanks, Sora Takenouchi!” Sakura said, and she turned to Tai. “You have a really exceptional girlfriend, Tai Kamiya! Take care of her like my daughter would to my best friend's son! I have to go now. I have a promise to fulfill to Tomoyo… Kaori… and to you both.”
Sakura rushed off. Sora walked back to Tai and asked, “Should we help her?”
“Not yet.” Tai answers, “Sakura should be able to handle herself. Besides, we have our trump cards, VictoryGreymon and Phoenixmon!”
“We're trump cards?” Agumon and Biyomon questioned, “Wow! We're trump cards!”
“It's all up to us now.” Tai said, “I know this is a fight we may not win by ourselves! We have to get everybody together!” Then, he saw a computer. “I know! Let's send Izzy an e-mail!”

“Excellent idea, Tai!” Agumon agreed, “We could tell the others about our new Digi-volution!”
Place: Space Colony ARK Cannon's Core
Colony Impact Time: 15 minutes 27 seconds
 
Inside the core, a tower is pumping with the egg-like globes holding it together. In the middle under the tower, there is a shrine that resembles that of great significance. The towers that surround it have the Chaos Emeralds at the top.
Jin said, “What is that? It looks just like the shrine of the Master Emerald!”
“They must have designed the core like a shrine to harness all the strength and power of the Chaos Emeralds.” Kaori said, “Let's move, Jin!”
They both ran to the shrine. But, then something happened!
“All of you ungrateful humans, who took everything away from me... will feel my loss, and despair!” Professor Gerald's image appeared and scattered on Kaori and Jin! Then, something appeared!
A massive lizard appeared! It was as huge as an arena! It has red skin and a yellow mouth! It landed in front of Kaori and Jin!
“What the hell is that?!” Jin cried
“Could it be…” Kaori said, “…the prototype of the Ultimate Life Form that was supposed to be encapsulated in this colony?!”
“Leave this fight to me.” Someone said. It was Sakura!
“Mom?!” Kaori cried, “What are you doing here?!”
Sakura turned to the monster lizard… with an intention to kill! Then, she turned to her daughter. “I will fight this monster!” she cried, “While you go and get the Chaos Emeralds!”
“But, mom…” Kaori started,
“No buts!” Sakura retorted, “Go now!”