The Outsiders Fan Fiction ❯ What I Really Want ❯ CH3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: In chapter one
What I Really Want
Last time::
I still have the nightmares that caused Soda to start sleeping with me, Helga helps me through them. I miss the gang and my brothers but I don't think that I can go back now. Event hough the school had to contact my old school I don't think that they contacted my brothers. At least I hope they didn't. I wouldn't want them to come all this way, to find out that I don't plan on leaving until I get over this infatuation with my brothers.
This Time:
I've been here for three years and I've noticed for the last two months Spencer has gotten sick. Helga and I can't get him to go to the hospital as he wants to die in his home or the shop. When Helga hears Spencer talking like this she gets really upset. And I don't really blame her.
Spencer died in his sleep leaving Helga and I to take care of the shop. Helga arranged the flowers for the funeral and showed me which ones she wanted for her funeral. I know she'll end up dieing of a broken heart without Spencer around to bring her sweets just because. The funeral service was beautiful. I tried to help Helga through it with out giving into my own tears. My mentor is gone.
Helga was only around for another year before she joined her beloved Spencer in death. I am legally old enough to stay on my own but I think it's time to close the shop for awhile and go home to Tulsa. I have been away for four years now. I left when I was fifteen. How will the guys take it? Where they all okay?
Heading back home was easier than I thought it would be. I only got really nervous when I stepped out of the train. I had paid for my ticket this time. I decided to walk around to see how much the town had changed. My travelings had lead me straight to my old home. I paused briefly before knocking on the door. All noise in the house died after I knocked. I stood waiting for someone to come to the door. My waiting over seconds later when who could only be Darry opened the door. He stood there shocked.
“Hello Darry,” I whispered. I stood there on the steps as Darry looked me over, I hadn't really changed. I haven't cut my hair nor have my clothes style changed.
“Ponyboy?” Darry asked. I nodded my head and was pulled into a bear hug. “God Pony we thought we'd lost you like we did with mom and dad.” Darry cried into my shoulder. Did I mention that I had grown?
“Darry, who's at the door?” A voice asked from behind my eldest brother. Darry just lead me into the kitchen where everyone was.
“Ponyboy has decided to show us he's not dead,” Pony answered. It felt weird to be called Pony again. I'd gone by Micheal for the last four years.
“Holly shit! You're back no one knew where you'd gone off too,” Two-Bit yelled. Soda rushed over and hugged me. Sobbing as he held me for the first time in four years. Dally was glaring at me along with Steve. Johnny was beaming, he's the one that has changed the most. He doesn't seem to be as scared as he once was.
“You decided to come home did you? Where you gonna stay?” Dally demanded.
“I'm only here for a few days Dallas. I have a shop to get back to in Texas,” I replied. Just now I realized my accent had changed. Soda laughed once he heard me speak.
“We never checked Texas. You have a different accent Pony,” Soda explained why he was laughing. I just smile.
“How has everyone been?” I asked.
“Two-Bit and Johnny have been together for two years. Steve and I are still going strong. Darry and Dally came out last year. What about you anything we should know?” Soda asked.
“I've not been with anyone. The reason I came back home is because the elderly couple I've been living with passed away and I thought I should come and see all of you. I own a flower shop and finished high school in Texas,” I replied. Two-Bit, Soda , Steve and Johnny laughed while Dally's glared intensified.
“You own a flower shop Pony?” A shocked Darry asked. I nodded and smiled knowing they'd all find it amusing.
“Where are you going to stay Pony? You never did answer Dally,” Johnny asked.
“No clue hadn't truly thought that far. I wanted to come and see you all so I did,” I said.
“Never did use your head Kiddo,” Darry said smiling. I realized I needed to leave before I kissed Darry or Soda. As the saying goes distance makes the heart grow fonder. And that certainly worked for me.
“You'll stay here. You'll have to sleep on the couch as Darry's still in his room. I'm in ours with Steve, Johnny and Two-Bit are in my old room. Of course Dally's in with Darry. SO only the couch is available,” Soda said. Dally walked out of the house with Darry following. The inside of the house was quiet.
“So he shows up and everyone has to put up with the brat. Darry if you don't remember he just took off without telling anyone and now that he's back you toss everything aside for him. He's just going to leave you as hurt as before,” Dally yelled. I was a little hurt that he wouldn't trust me but I completely understood.
“Hopefully we can get answers we've been waiting for. Dally, he's my brother I'll always stand by him. If you can't understand than maybe we weren't meant to be,” Darry yelled. I walked outside.
“Darry don't you dare say that. For all you know I will leave in the middle of the night, Dally's only looking out for you.” I said. Dally looked at me before stalking off down the street. “Go after him Darry before you regret it.”
“We've been fighting at every turn lately Pony. I think we've had this coming for a while now,” Darry said. He watched as Dally's back as he walked out of sight.
“You should still talk to him. He was only looking out for you. Dally handles things his way, and he wants me out of town so I don't keep hurting you all,” I said. Soda stood beside Steve watching Darry and I. Somehow Johnny and Two-Bit had left the house without us noticing.
“Steve, you have to get going to work or you'll be late.” Soda and Steve shared a quick kiss before Steve went to work.
“Alright Ponyboy, why did you leave?” Darry asked once we were sat around the table. We being Darry, Soda and I.
“I have feelings for people I shouldn't. I left so I wouldn't be faced with heartbreak everyday. I didn't think they'd ever have the same feelings as I do. So I left and went to a small town in Texas and now own Helga and Spencer Hawkins' flower shop, as they've passed on.” I looked out the window as tears ran down my cheeks.
"Ponyboy, we would have done everything in our power to help you get who you wanted," Soda whispered. I started to sob and my bothers hugged me to help calm me down.
"You, I have wanted the pair of you for four years. Do you understand why I left? Darry with Dally, Soda with Steve. You were both so happy I didn't want to ruin it for you so I left," I sobbed.
Please review!