Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dying Love ❯ The Bite of Reality ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I want to thank people who have red this story so fare. I didn't think people would find it flattering but I'm having so much writing it and I didn't think it was going to get any reviews .... thank you.

Chapter Four: The Bite of Reality

By KellyQ

The storm had died completely making things easier for the Maximal so he didn't have to worry about the others and Cheetor.

Cheetor.

Optimus was just plan worried that it was starting to become hard to think straight. Tigertron looked over his shoulder up at his leader to see nothing but pure lose is his face.

"Don't worry, Optimus. We'll find Cheetor."

"I know ... I'm just worried ...."

"We --- Optimus get back!"

The warning came to late though. A Cheetah came out of the bushes; burn marks covered its body. The Cheetah looked very angry ready to fight; crouching, the wounded cheetah was ready to pounce but Tigertron stepped in front of Optimus showing his fangs his tail twitching warning the cheetah that he was willing to fight to protect the gorilla. Optimus looked closely at the wounded cheetah and merely choked.

"Ch --- Cheetor?"

Tigertron froze. It couldn't be Cheetor! Could it? The snow tiger looked closely at the cheetah ... it was him! The cheetah then cocked his head when Optimus said his name as if he was trying to understand.

"Cheetor, don't you recognize us?"

The cheetah again cocked his head to the other side looking at the two questionly. Stepping beside Tigertron Optimus slowly stepped to his injured love. Cheetor snarled bring his sharp claws toward the gorilla. Optimus backed away as Tigertron stamped his paw down really hard snarling as well but louder and dangerously. Cheetor sharply turned his head showing his fangs as well. What have they done to him? Optimus thought with a painful look on his face. His thoughts where interrupted by Cheetor lashing out at Tigertron. Optimus gasped stepping in front of the cheetah.

"Cheetor, we're not here to hurt you ..." Optimus said looking right into the cheetah's eyes.

Before both Maximals could comprehend what was going on, Cheetor lunged for Optimus knocking him down then darted for the bushes leaving the Maximal leader startled. Tigertron blinked a few times then was brought back to reality when Optimus let out a frustrating cry slamming his fist into the ground.

"How could've I let this happen to Cheetor?"

Tigertron cocked his head looking sadly at Optimus who was digging his hands into the moist dirt getting to his feet not realizing that he had a couple of deep scratch marks on his shoulders until Rhinox and the others came up asking what was happening.

"What happened, Optimus?" Rhinox asked.

"Cheetor ...."

"Spot's alive?" Rattrap asked.

Optimus turned his head where the cheetah had disappeared too his optic sensors full of pain. They all looked at each other with worried looks. Dinobot stepped up to his leader; Cheetor's damaged gun his hand. Optimus finally turned his head looking at the X-Predacon then at the damaged gun. More pain revealed on his face as he took it lifting up looking at it ...

"Uh ... Optimus --- are you okay?" Rattrap asked, concern in his optic sensors.

"Yea ... now come. We need to find him. Rattrap, you and Dinobot head on the east side. Rhinox, go back to base and continue with repairs. Tigertron and I will head north. Move out!"

"Hmm," Rattrap groaned turning around, "come on Dino-butt."

Tigertron looked back at Optimus seeing that he had tightened his grip on Cheetor's gun with a determined look in his optic sensor. I'm not going to give up on you Cheetor ... it's now my turn to show that there are people who love you ... he thought as he started to walk.

**************************

"Will you quite staring at me?" Dinobot demanded.

"I wasn't staring you! I was staring at your wounded arm ..." Rattrap said as the X-Predacon sighed, "what really happened?"

"I told you vermin. We where ambushed by the Preds ..." Dinobot said with another sigh.

"Duh! But is that what really happened?" Rattrap again.

"If you don't shut up --- you'll be on my lunch menu!" Dinobot threatened as he wiped around showing his teeth.

"Is that the thanks I get for being worried about you?" Rattrap asked angrily tensing up.

Dinobot looked at him for one moment seeing hurt and anger in Rattraps face. Dinobot sighed ... again; turned and continued walking causing the rat to frown.

"What? What did I say?" The rat asked walking up to the X-Predacon's side.

Rattrap froze for one moment causing Dinobot to turn with a questionbul look on his face; when suddenly an injured looking cheetah came out of the bushes bring all his strength down on Rattrap digging his claws down into his back. Dinobot snarled running up head-butting into the cheetah's side knocking him down on its side.

With an angry snarl; the cheetah got to its feet growling ready to pounce but Dinobot jumped into the air landed in front of the injured rat kicking the cheetah down. It got to it's for paws as Dinobot snarled showing his teeth like he was ready to tare him apart if he ever came near the rat. With a hiss, the cheetah turned and ran jumping into the bushes.

"Man, he almost tore me apart!"

"Can you walk?" Dinobot asked a hint of concern in his voice.

"I think so."

With a painful expression the X-Predacon watched Rattrap get on fours and continued walking in silence.

Half an hour Later:

"You should let me take a look at the scratch, Rattrap." Dinobot finally said looking down at him from the corner of his optic sensors.

"I'm fine." the rat lied.

The truth was the Rattrap felt as though he starting to have a fever and his body. Dinobot looked down again and noticed something ... the rats ears where drooped a little. What's wrong with me? Why do I all of a sudden feel as though something bad is going to happen to Rattrap? And why is he hiding something from me? He turned his head and notice that the rat was not beside him. Dinobot swiftly turned to see that Rattrap was lying on his side trying to breath.

Using his speed, Dinobot was by the rat's side with a worried look . What was wrong with Rattrap? Wasting no time he lifted the rat up and started in the direction of the Maximal base.

****************************

Rhinox blinked a sec then noticed that it was Dinobot holding something. He pressed a button and the round-golden platform was lowered. Rhinox rose to his chair and turned when he saw Dinobot holding an unconscious rat in his arm.

"What happened?"

"An injured wild cheetah attacked Rattrap." The X-Predacon said putting Rattrap down in the C/R chamber.

"Oh," Rhinox started, "you should get your self in the C/R too."

Dinobot just shrugged as the door to the C/R closed.

One Hour Later:

"Hey, Chopper-face ... wake up call." Said a gentle voice causing the raptor to stir.

He slowly opened his optic sensors to see Rattrap ( in robot mode ) standing right in front of him smiling batting his optic sensors at him. Dinobot looked at Rattrap a hint of a smile on his face; he rose to his feet and walked over to the C/R when the rat took hold him by his good arm. Dinobot turned his head to see the rat leaning closer standing on his toes and kissed the raptor on the cheek.

"That was for saving my life," Rattrap said letting go, "now get your butt in there before its sorry."

With a light hit on the butt and a push Dinobot was in the C/R chamber.

TO BE CONTINUED ...

KellyQ: Another chapter done! Go me!!

Dinobot: I'm going to kill you!

KellyQ: Why? What did I do?

Dinobot: I'm a warrior! Not some emotional bot!!

KellyQ: Aww. Isn't that cute ... if only Rattrap was here to see you ...

Rattrap: You called?

Dinobot: Haaaaa!!!!???