Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dying Love ❯ When Trust & Memories collide ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seven: When Trust & Memories collide

By KellyQ

"I don't like it anymore than you do, Optimus but I have to do more tests on Cheetor ..."

"All right."

Optimus turned and walked down the hallway and stopped at the Cheetah's door gently knocking.

"Who is it?"

"It's me, Cheetor. May I come in?"

"Sure."

The door opened and Optimus came in to see Cheetor coming out from under the bed witch worried the leader, he thought he was asleep last night.

"I ... I'm okay ..."

"Okay .... but Rhinox has to run a few more tests. He's not convinced ..."

"Will ... will it hurt ...?"

"It might." Was all Optimus could say.

He looked very unhappy and Cheetor didn't understand. Did have to do something about the test that he had to go through?

Walking into the control room there was a long table and Rhinox standing on the other side some utensils ...

Megatron looked down at Cheetor with an amusing look on his face. The poor injured Maximal tried to move but he couldn't since he was under the stases web, then he turned to Tarantulas.

"Make our young guest transform."

"With pleasure." The spider chuckled.

"No! Leave me alone!" Cheetor pleated, "No!!"

"Cheetor snap out of it!" Optimus panicked shaking the young seer.

The young seer stopped screaming blinking a few times the realized that he was not at that horrible place. What caused him to flip out, Rhinox thought watching Optimus comfort Cheetor.

"Come on, the sooner I get this started the sooner that we'll get this over with."

"Right."

Optimus let Cheetor go walked him to the tall lawn chair as Rhinox lifted what looked like a sharp pointy object causing the young seer's breathing to hitch ...

"Excellent!" Megatron said as Waspinator and Terrorsaur picked Cheetor off the floor, "Hmmm ..."

He stepped up putting his finger under the young seer's chin moving his head side to side. Cheetor tried to pull away but he had no energy to pull away.

"Once Optimus comes, he would be forced to surrender ..."

"Megatron, you know he wouldn't do that," Tarantulas responded with an annoying look.

"Oh not if we have his spotted friend ..."

"Cheetor ....?"

He sharply turned his head to see Optimus' worried look; he turned his head sharply again when Rhinox started to speak.

"Cheetor, this is going to hurt a little ..."

Before the young Maximal could object the sharp metal device went through Cheetor's arm making him jerk a little and hiss in pain. Optimus immediately took the young seer's hand as he sat next to him.

"I know it hurts ... but I have to check your meck fluid."

Half an hour later:

"I'm all most done, Cheetor ... just try and hang in there!" Rhinox said hearing the young Cheetah let out a dry scratchy moan.

His left arm really hurt badly. Why do people like to bring him pain? What did he do to deserve this? Optimus just sat there holding Cheetor's hand feeling powerless and shaky inside wishing that he could change the past. This was all his fault; if only he was more protective of Cheetor.

Rhinox could see Optimus in the reflection on the computer screen. I'm sorry, Optimus but if we're going to stay ahead of the Preds in this situation ...

"Rhinox, how much longer?" Optimus asked impatiently.

"Just three more mega-cycles to go ..."

"Why are you doing this to me?" Cheetor manage to ask after a moment of silence.

"I know you've been through a lot," Optimus responded with a hurt look on his face, "and it hurts ..."

Cheetor just looked away before the leader could finish giving him spark of fear but he never let the young seer's hand go.

*********************

Tigertron looked up hearing an Eagle fly over head. He couldn't help but smile as his eyes full of animation and peace watched her land. He tired to hide his blush as she came closer but he couldn't hide it.

"How's Cheetor?" Was the first thing she asked.

"Not too well I'm afraid ..." he said as he sat himself down.

"Try not to worry about it, Tigertron ... things will get better ..."

"I don't think they will, Airazor ... Cheetor will not be the same after he got struck by lightning."

"You like him don't you ..."

"Of course I like him but not in that manor. I love someone else." He managed to say looking away, here goes nothing ... "it's you Airazor ... when I'm around you I feel strong and a sense of freedom ..."

A lot of emotions showed on Airazor's face. Tigertron just let his head drop as he turned and started to walk away; she shook head violently and called out ...

The snow tiger froze, his optic sensors wide. Airazor walked up with a hart warming smile tears coming down her face.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to hear you say that ... because you know what? I love you too Tigertron."

*****************

"Shouldn't we go check on big-banana and spots?"

Dinobot just nodded his head and followed his boyfriend back to base.

One half hour latter:

"I'm sorry. It took longer than I thought," Rhinox said taking another oval shape device where the other device was as it made a coil around his arm.

Cheetor looked at the device ...

"Cheetor, It's valuable piece of equipment, take care of it!"

"If you would've obeyed orders all of this would've been avoided!"

"What's going on?" Rattrap asked bring Cheetor out of his thoughts.

"We had to do more tests ..."

"You mean ..." Rattrap paused when Rhinox nodded his head, "oh good thing it was you instead of me."

Optimus shot the rat a glare as Cheetor rose to his feet and tried to walk but he still felt weak and dizzy. He was about to stumble when the leader got to his feet and caught the cheetah in his arms.

"I better carry you."

"I'm fine Optimus."

"You're still weak from the test and what the Preds did to you ..."

With no other objections Optimus picked Cheetor up and carried him down the hallway.

"What was that all about?" Rattrap asked.

"You don't want to know."

**************************

Just as soon as Optimus put Cheetor down he went into beast mode and went back under the bed.

"Why does everyone hate me?"

The leader sighed went into beast mode and crawled under the bed as well.

"I know your scared ... I'm scared too." Optimus responded lying next to Cheetor.

"You don't hate me?"

"I can be straight forward sometimes ... but I can never hate you or any of the others." Optimus said stroking the cheetah's back, "now get some rest ... I'll be right here beside you."

Without realizing what he was doing; Optimus pulled Cheetor closer ...

"Cheetor, you never had to earn my trust ... you always had it."

Was that the reason I liked him? Because he trusted me?

"Calm down, Cheetor ... better transform" Optimus said trying not to chuckle as the young seer went into robot mode panting, "much better. Now tell us ... slowly."

An odd feeling came over the cheetah again. Did Optimus like it when Cheetor was in robot mode better than beast mode? Or was it something else? He turned his head to see that the leader was all ready a sleep.

TO BE CONTINUED ...