True Blood/Southern Vampire Mysteries Fan Fiction ❯ Ooh Rah ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: Hey everybody sorry it took so long for me to get to write this chapter. It was finals week in college this past week, and it's been hectic! But, without further ado, here is chapter 2 ofOoh Rah.
I miss Jason so much it hurts. He is such a good brother to me, and I don't know what to do without him here. I think back to when we were only about 10 or 11 years old, and some of the boys were picking on me at the playground.
"Hey everybody look! It's that weird girl from school!"
"Haha it's crazy Sookie. All she ever does is sit in the room and read books!"
"Ya'll leave my sister alone now, ya hear? She ain't done nothing wrong but try to be smarter than you lot," said Jason. "If you don't leave her alone, you're gonna have to answer to me."
I remember I had been crying so hard, and Jason picked me up and carried me back home, like a baby. I'm his baby sister and he hasn't ever forgotten that, even though I'll be 23 this year. He's 27. He has been a great big brother, but he does have a tendency to scare the men away. Whenever I get close to a man who I think I may start dating, Jason always has to pipe up and pull the big brother card. But I love him.
It has been two weeks since Jason left for boot camp, and we've only received one phone call and a letter, but he sounded fine in both. From what I've heard, you don't pick the Corps; the Corps picks you, and men drop like flies.
Today, I'm walking through the mall in Shreveport, and doing some window shopping to get my mind off things. As I walk into Brookstone to have some fun with the electronics, I see the most beautiful man I have ever seen. I mean, angelic; he's got blonde hair shaved in a high and tight and is covered in muscle. When he looks my direction, I notice that he has got the bluest eyes I have ever seen; blue like little glaciers. And to top it off, he's wearing a t-shirt saying Semper Fi.
Shit, I'm staring a hole right through this god of a man, and he noticed it, too. Shit shit shit. I try to play it cool, and walk over to look at neat little iPad case (which would be nice if I had an iPad). As I'm looking at it, the worst possible thing happens; he actually walks up to me and says hello.
"Um, hey there!" I say with my Crazy Sookie smile.
"Hey, I just noticed you when you walked in. You look familiar, have we met before?" he seems genuinely curious. Although he is smirking a little. That smirk though, mm I'd jump his bones because of that smirk. God, Sookie get ahold of yourself.
"Well, it's entirely possible! My name is Sookie. Ring any bells?" I don't know what's got me so ballsy, but I want to stay this way!
"I don't think so, but it's nice to meet you Sookie. I'm Eric, Eric Northman." So, the sex god has a name. With him sitting next to me, I didn't even realize how tall he is. He must be at least 6'5". I mean jeez! I'm only 5'5", so he makes me feel like a midget!
"Well hello Eric. It was definitely nice to meet youÉ" I don't know what to say after that. I think you are the most beautiful human being I've ever met? Want to go on a date, even though I don't know the least bit about you?
"I know this may seem forward, Sookie, but can I have your number?"
"I don't see why not," I say with a smile. "And it's not forward, don't worry."
Eric gives me that smirk again, and says something that blows my mind. "What about asking you to dinner tonight? Is that too forward?"
"UmmÉthÉthat would be great!" Shit did I just stutter?
"Great, so where were you headed next? We can just spend some time getting to know each other before dinner." Eric says.
As we walk out of Brookstone, I just look at Eric. He's got that smirk on his face again, and I don't know what to make of it.
"Eric, I don't want to make false accusations or anything, but if I'm just some bet with the guys, I'm not that kind of girl." There, I've got it off my chest.
"Sookie, I'm not that kind of guy. Look, I don't want to scare you off, but I'm in the military, I'm a Marine. And I'm on leave right now. And it's only a two week leave. But you seem like a great girl so far, so I want to get to know you. If it's too much for you, just tell me. Don't worry, I get it a lot." He gives me a sad smile. I can tell he was wanting to wait until dinner to tell me these things.
"Trust me, that doesn't bother me. My brother actually just left to go to boot camp. He's been at Parris Island for two weeks now, and I miss him so muchÉ" I notice I'm rambling, so I stop talking.
We walk a few more minutes in silence when Eric turns to me. "You know, Sookie, I can answer any question you have about the Corps, if it will help you at all dealing with coping." He is so sincere.
"That would be so great, Eric. I've had so many questions, and no one to answer them for me. I just feel kind of alone. Jason is the only family I have besides my Gran."
"Well, Miss..."
"Stackhouse," I say with a smile.
"Well Miss Stackhouse, it would be an honor."
Eric and I keep walking for a while longer, and I can't seem to keep the smile off my face. This man is amazing. He is handsome, but he is also so considerate, and so nice to me. I don't even mind that he was so forward about going out. I could get used to this.
God, I really hope that things work out with us.