True Blood/Southern Vampire Mysteries Fan Fiction ❯ Ooh Rah ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 5
A/N: Hey everyone. Hope you all are enjoying the story so far. I absolutely love reading your comments; they are part of what makes posting my story on here so much fun! My fall semester for college starts tomorrow, August 19, so posting may slow down for a week or so, but I'll do my best to post on a regular basis. I hope you all enjoy this next chapter!
Much love,
Kelly
Before I know it, it's five o'clock and time for me to clock out. When I walk into Sam's office to get my purse, Sam stops me.
"Sook, got a minute?" Sam asks seriously.
"Uh, sure boss. What's up?" I'm starting to get nervous now. What could I have done to upset him?
"Sookie, that man you were held up with earlier, is that your new boyfriend?"
He's gotta be kidding me. Honestly. It's really none of his business who I'm seeing outside of work. And I tell him just that.
"I'll be damned if it's not my business. You've been my friend for years now, and I'm just tryin' to look out for you." Well, for his part at least looks slightly abashed.
"Sam, yes that's him. He's on leave from the Marine Corps right now and we are seeing each other. I'm sorry I got held up at his table today, I wasn't expecting him to come in."
"Alright Sook, just make sure he treats you well," he says with a frown.
After that little incident, I'm in my car driving home to get ready to go out with Eric. Not really knowing what to wear, I give him a call and ask what sort of attire is appropriate. When he tells me it's more of a country western club, I'm caught off guard.
Although, I do have the perfect outfit. I pull on my daisy duke shorts, pink flannel shirt tied above my tummy, and faded cowboy boots. To top it off, I put my hair in braided pigtails and start to head downstairs.
=======================================0=================== ===================
EPOV
When I knock on Sookie's door to pick her up for our date, I am shocked by what I see. She looks like a country angel, sent from heaven to steal my heart.
"Eric!" she exclaims when she sees me. I love that smile. Not the crazy Sookie smile, but the genuinely happy smile. What am I saying though, I've only known her for two days. Isn't it a little early to start thinking like that? Oh, what the hell do I know, anyway?
We walk out to my car and start to head out of the driveway.
"Eric, can I ask you a question?" Sookie asks me all of a sudden after about ten minutes of driving.
"Sure, ask anything you want."
"Why aren't you seeing your family right now, while you're on leave, instead of seeing me?"
Well, I didn't think we'd be going here right now. But I guess better now than ever.
"My family disowned me when I enlisted in the Marines. They've got quite a bit of money, and my father wanted me take over the family profession—he's a surgeon—and was pissed when I told him I would rather enlist and serve my country. So, he disowned me. We haven't spoken since." I realize I'm frowning. I meant to sound indifferent to the whole situation, but I noticed that I sound sad. Yeah, maybe because I am.
We continue the car ride in silence after that, and arrive at the club in Shreveport about a thirty minutes later. I jog to Sookie's side of the car and open the door for her.
=====================================0============================ ============
SPOV
When we arrive at the club, I notice the name of it isBoots. Hm. That's pretty fitting I guess, seeing the attire of some of the people waiting in line.
As we walk up to the doors, I'm mortified to see that Eric is expecting us to be able to get in without waiting in line. Yeah, right! Well, I think that until I see who's standing at the door. It's that hunk of a man Eric was at lunch with today. What was his name?
"Alcide! My man!" Eric says when he sees him. They do one of those awkward man hugs—you know, the ones where they half shake hands, half hug?
"Eric, Sookie," he nods his head to me, smiling. "Great to see you guys tonight. Go on in, the clubs waiting." He says with a wink.
When we walk in, I am overwhelmed with the sound of country music, and can't resist the urge to start dancing. I pull Eric onto the dance floor, but quickly learn he's not much of a dancer. Well, sucks to be him, because I am going to danceallnight.
After about two songs, Eric says he's going to go get drinks. While he's gone, I find a table and sit down to wait for him. While I sit there and watch everyone around me dance with amusement, I notice a big sauntering up to me.
"Hey babe, what's a girl like you doin' sitting here all alone?" He smirks at me, but not in that panty melting way Eric does—this dude just makes me feel uncomfortable.
"Umm, I'm waiting on my boyfriend to bring our drinks," I say with a smirk of my own. This guy needs to get a life. He's kind of creepy. He's about as tall as Eric, but with a bald head and purple colored eyes.
"Aw, babe don't be that way. The name's Quinn. Why don't you let Quinn take care of you for a little while, and forget the boyfriend for the evening?"
Oh this jerk's really getting on my nerves now. Who does he think he is? Do these lines really work on the bimbos in this place? Or any place for that matter? Before I have time to process everything that's happening, Eric is walking back towards us, drinks in hand, and pissed off look on his face. Great.
"John Quinn, what a surprise to see you here," he says with a strained look on his face.
"Northman, is this little slice of heaven right here yours?" Quinn asks amused.
Did he really just refer to me as a piece of property? Seriously, how did this guy get so cocky?
"Her name is Sookie, and yes she is with me. Now you'd do well to be on your way before this gets out of hand.
Oh, shit.
"Northman, you've always been a cocky asshole, you know that?"
Oh, double shit.
"Quinn, you're the asshole here. Try your hand, I dare you."
The next thing I know, Quinn is throwing a right hook at Eric. Except, it never even connects. Eric ends blocks the hit and punches Quinn in the throat. When he doubles over, Eric puts him in a head lock. "Now, Quinn, are we done with these silly games? Leave the girl alone," Eric growls.
When Eric releases Quinn, he walks away, rubbing his throat, with a look that could melt steel.
"Eric, where the hell did you learn that?" I ask him.
"Israeli Krav Maga. More realistic for these kinds of situations than anything else, honestly."
We sit down at the table and sip on our drinks—in my case a gin and tonic—and rest for a little while. Even with that crazy little incident, this has been pretty fun. This is my kind of club, not one of those with all of the crazy music and people grinding on each other.
When I look up, I notice the line dance is starting, and I know I must have a twinkle in my eye. Eric looks at me amused, and asks if I want to dance.
And we dance and we dance. I haven't this much fun in a long time, and hope that every night with Eric goes like this.
"Hey, Sookie, I never got around to asking you, and I know it's only been two dates, but would you like to go steady with me?"
"Eric," I say with a smile, "nothing would make me happier."