Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Faith Says ❯ 5: Start of Something New ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Annabel is home. She has a visitor. Edward Cullen. He had gotten all of my work from my classes, and he also wants to
see how I'm doing, so he came by. Apparently, he had talked Annabel into it somehow.

"Faith! I'm home, and I have a friend for you!" She says, knocking on my door quietly.

I get up out of bed and I open the door. I've been asleep all day, so I look like a messed up freak. My hair is all
muzzled, and I am still wearing my pajamas.

"Hello Edward." I greet kindly, and I thank Annabel before shooing her away.

"Good evening, Faith. How are you feeling?" He asks.

I smile, my original smile of sadness, and reply, "I am fine,"

I can tell he noticed the grief in my face, but he didn't ask anything. I am grateful for that though. I love how respecting he
is. "How was school?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"It was boring without my goofy lab partner." He grins.

I smirk at him, and then I realize what I'm wearing. I blush, "Uh, can you, give me a little time to neaten myself up?"

He laughs at my blush and nods, "Sure thing. I'll be downstairs talking to Annabel, I guess. Don't take too long. I have a
surprise for you."

I stare at him and cock my head to the side slightly, "Ok, I'll be done in less than thirty minutes, I think."

He nods, and he leaves.

So, I get dressed in black baggy pants, a black and hot pink shirt, and my black converse.


After I take my shower and straighten my hair and all that good detailed stuff. A double check as usual, and I walk
downstairs thirty minutes later.


Just as I am about to turn the corner, I hear Edward and Annabel talking.


"Do you like my sister?" Annabel asks curiously. I sigh quietly. Of course she'll ask him that.


"She is interesting and mysterious. I think if I can get past her well-built guard, and get her to open up to me, I can
honestly say I like her. It is not like I do not now, it is just that I do not want to move too fast with her. I would like to
get her to trust me first."

I can feel Annabel smiling mentally. "Yeah, she does have that bubble up well. Ever since. . . Hawaii."

Edward nodded, "I just have to be patient. She will come around."

"Hey, guys! What is up?" I say, coming out of hiding.

"Hey Faith, you got dressed! You need a new wardrobe." Annabel scrunches up her face at my choice of clothing.

"I happen to find it very comfortable, thank you. I will change my wardrobe when I need to." I reply smugly.

"Ok, whatever. Just wait, I will make you change!" She teases, and I shake my head, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Good luck. So, Edward, didn't you say you have something for me?"

"Oh yes, I did say that, did I not?" He reaches in his bag behind him, and he pulls out a bunch of papers. "This is your
classwork for today."

I glare, "Gee, thanks. A dream come true. Homework." I say sarcastically and snatch them all from him.

He laughs lightly, and I turn to smile at him. My trademark smile. I bet everyone is recognizing it more and more.

I sit down in a chair off to the side and stare at my work, memorizing the problems. Never once picking up a writing
utensil. And then I am done.

"Who are you, Faith Fey?" Edward asks, watching me the whole time apparently.

"I am Faith Fey. Just another idiot who is unfortunately walking the face of this planet."

He chuckles at that. "I mean, how can you do that so easily?"

I look up at him from underneath my eyelashes, and I grin. "You want to know the truth?"

He nods.

"You have to answer my questions, too, if I tell you."

He looks at me, a guard up I have never seen before, and he nods in agreement.

"I am..."

----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------