Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Grapes and Flowers ❯ Introduction to Budoo ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

"Have you seen her?" "She's so cool!" "She's just like Utena Tenjou." "Really? Like Utena? That cool?" "M-hm! She came yesterday." "Where from?" "Who kno

---------------------

The can fell off of the table and stopped rolling at her feet.
"Oh, Miss Budoo, I'm so sorry."
"Here," Budoo bent to pick it up. "It's just fine. It's not necessary for you to be sorry," she laughed, "gravity will have its way with cans."
The student beamed. Now there are two Utenas. More to go around! "Thanks so much."
"Sure." (Budoo laughed or smiled every time she spoke.)

--------------------

News was spreading around the school of this "New Utena." The New and Old's personalities were remarkably similar. Everyone was excited that they would have another student to google over.
" Utena, look." Wakaba pointed down to the fresh version of her prince. "They're saying she's just like you."
"But she just got here. How can anybody know? Has someone talked to her?"
"A few 'someones'--but they mostly know what she's like from the teachers."
"Why is she so popular/infamous with them?"
"She's supposed to be an 'ideal student.'"
"But we have lots of those, like Miki," Utena protested
"She's different, she's always happy and bright. Never says a single word that's disrespectful or angry."
"Sounds like an angel, (but I think Miki is like that.) Is that even possible?"
Wakaba didn't answer but watched Budoo enter the school building.
"Well," Utena said, "I'd like to meet her. Even if she's no all that."