Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Song of Destiny ❯ Friendships ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Chapter 5: Friendships

The next few days, me and Folken grew to know each other. I totally forgot about wanting to go home. Gaea started to feel like home to me. There was something about Folken that made me feel calm. I don't know what it was but for some reason, I felt like I could really trust him. I've never had this feeling with anyone before. To compare this feeling with past loves, it was so much better.

"Ah, it's such a wonderful day!" I exclaimed as I opened my bedroom window. "What do you think?" I asked my handmaiden as I sat on the window sill. She smiled and said "It is a very lovely day mi-lady." She began to make my bed. "hey, you know, I don't think you've ever told me your name; What is it?" I asked her curiously. She looked a little shocked. "My name? . . . You want to know my name? But why?"

"Well, I just don't feel comfortable having to call you a handmaiden."

"Oh, well . . ." I sat up and walked towards her. "Has no one ever asked you your name?" I questioned her. By her expression I could tell I was probably the first person to ever ask her, her name. "No one really cares what their handmaiden's name is"

"Well then, what is it?" I said with a smile. She smiled back and said "my name is . . ." it almost seemed as if she had forgotten it "Christal"

"That's such a beautiful name." She looked up at me in surprise. "What? You think it's beautiful? No one's ever said that, they just think it's a name mi-lady"

"Don't call me that anymore" I asked her. She looked a little confused. "Call you what mi-lady?"

"Don't call me mi-lady, for now on just call me Mikaru okay,"

"But, Lord Folken has told me to call you that" I walked over to the vanity and looked into the mirror.

"But I am telling you to call me Mikaru. So if anyone asks, I gave you permission to call me by my first name" Her smile grew as she left the room. Hm, it's too bad she's a handmaiden, she seems too pretty to have such a hard job. I feel sorry for her.

I walked out of the room and into the courtyard. The wind gentle blew my hair and made it dance in the wind. The weather was just wonderful, it reminds me of a nice summer day on earth. Earth, my home, I've been so occupied with getting use to this world . . . I went and sat down on a bench and tried to not think about going home, it would only make me depressed. I could hear footsteps coming from behind me. Then a soft hand touched my shoulder. I turned to see who it was, and just my luck, it was Folken. "Oh, Folken, you startled me," I said with a giggle.

"I am very sorry," The softness in his voice made me lust for him. I just wanted to get down and dirty with him, but I don't know if he would want to. He sat down beside me "Do you miss your world?" he asked me.

"Well, not as much as I use to, it's kinda nice to get away from the husle and busle of school. But, I do miss my parents a bit. Not as much as any other person in my shoes. They always expect me to be the perfect child, so it's nice to not have to live up to their exceptions." we both grew silent for a moment "but, when I'm with you, I feel calm, I feel as if I have nothing to worry about."

What is this feeling that I have, for her? Folken thought. I know she looks a lot like Sora, but, there's something else about her that draws me to her. Could I be in love with her? I think I am. It's too bad that I'm only using her to destroy Gaea . . .

"Uh, Folken, what happened to your homeland?" I was still curious about what his brother had said that one night.

"Well, about ten years ago, I was chosen to become king, but my brother was full of rage and he destroyed all of Fanelia and even killed our parents. He was a psychopath, I feared for my own life when he showed me our father's head . . ." how could he have done that? But he didn't look like the kind of person to go crazy I guess. Well no matter what, I'll make sure that Folken's plan succeeds.

"Hey Folken, I was just wondering, how old are you?" He couldn't be older than twenty, I thought.

"I'm twenty-three years old" Hm, that's only four years older than myself. I started think of my future with him, you know, getting married, having a family. That would be my paradise.

Later that afternoon, he took me on a tour of his fortress, every room was huge! The library was probably the same size of my high school, and my high school is really big. The dinning room was probably the same size as my school's cafeteria. This place was gigantic. I defiantly didn't want to leave this place. I wanted to stay here with Folken, on Gaea.

Back on the Earth . . .

"So there's still no sign of her?" a boy asked Minako.

"It's been like a week! And she's still not home?! Oh no! What will we ever do?!" a girl cried. "Where was the last you saw her Naoko?" another boy asked. She looked at the boy and

said

"Well the last time I saw her, she was on the soccer field taking to some guy . . ."

"What did he look like?" Minako begged.

"I couldn't really tell, he was tall and was wearing a black cloak with a hood . . ." one of the girls standing with them suggested that may be he kidnapped her. Everyone was hoping that she wasn't kidnapped. They all hoped that she was okay. As Naoko was walking down the hall, a sophomore girl approached her.

"Um, Miss Naoko," she said quietly. Naoko barely heard her but turned around to see who it was.

"Oh, yes, can I help you?"

"Well, actually, I was hoping we could help each other." Naoko was confused. What is she talking about? "Well I heard that Mikaru disappeared and you were the last person to see her" Naoko got a little interested, probably because she had mentioned Mikaru and her disappearance.

"Okay, go on" May be she knows where she is! Naoko thought hopefully.

"Well, was she taking to a tall man wearing all black and he was also wearing a large black cloak with a hood?" Naoko's eyes widen, how could she know all that?

"Y-y-yes, he was . . ." she stuttered. The girl smiled

"I know where she is then!" Naoko almost cried.

"Well then where is she?!" the girl's smile soon faded

"you're not going to believe me, but, she's on Gaea . . ."

"Gaea??" Naoko had never heard of such a place. "Well where is this Gaea?" she hesitated to answer

"In the sky . . ." Naoko seemed to get more interested

"how do you know of this Gaea?" the girl was shocked, she was expecting Naoko to laugh at her.

"Well because, last year a man wearing all black and was also wearing a black cloak with a hood brought me there. He was going to use me to destroy all of Gaea." she stopped speaking she realized something "but, he died . . ."

"What's your name? You look familiar to me" Naoko asked the girl. "I am Kunzaki Hitomi. I was on the track team last year and you were one of the trainers."

"Do you know how to get to this Gaea Hitomi?" Her eyes saddened.

"If I knew how, I would be there right now."

"So I take it you don't know" she shock her head. The bell rang and both girls went in opposite directions down the hall way. Mikaru, I hope you find a way back here . . .

Days pasted and days turned into weeks. Mikaru almost forgot about her home. She had grown so accustomed to this world. She forgot about her family, her friends and classmates.

One after noon while I was out in the courtyard admiring the scenery, Christal and I began to talk. "So, when did you become a handmaiden?" I asked. She just smiled

"When I was about eight years old. It was after my mother's death,"

"Oh, I can't believe that, at such a young age." still smiling she said

"well, that's what you get for being born into a poor family, you're usually a beggar, a servant, a slave, a butler or a handmaiden." how could she smile and say that? I wouldn't. Hm, she's very strong emotionally. I thought. Me and Christal grew to be good friends in the time I stayed at the fortress. She acted like an older sister to me, which felt great because I've never had an older sister. She would tech me of the Gaeain customs.

"So, how should we get the girl back Allen?" Millerna asked in concern.

"We've all ready tried numerous attacks on the fortress, but they all ways seem ready for us." Gaddes implied.

"Hm, I wonder, why hasn't he all ready used her to destroy Gaea?" Merle asked laying on a pile of hay.

"He wont use her until the two moons aline." Van stated.

"And when's that Lord Van?" Merle asked again.

"In one week." Millerna sat up in her chair

"So we only have a week to get her back!" she yelled.

"Well on the day of the alinement, he has to take her to a shrine in the Shatal mountains." Van stated.

"Hm, I see, so we should get to the shrine before he does then get the girl to sing for total peace." Allen suggested.

"Well, I don't think she will believe you Allen." he turned to Millerna

"He's probably made her believe that we are the enemy." brother, this time, I'll kill you and this time you wont live.