Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Meetings ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Meetings

By: apocalipticoblivion

MEETINGS CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Ran paused, letting what he had just said settle it. "May I continue?" he asked everyone. They all nodded `yes,' that he should continue.

/The two boys walked up to Enkil's father. The young sandy-haired boy was overridden with grief at the fact that his father might send his lover away or kill him.

"Father. Please-"

"Hush, Enkil." his father said, smiling. "I have heard every word of this `accident'. I won't blame Akira for it, though. I'll just say that it was a mistake."


"Why?" Akira asked the older man, who was smiling down at him. "Why would you protect me?"

"Because, I've grown to love you as I do Enkil. I want my son to be happy, and he's happiest around you, Akira." Said the man, "but I couldn't kill you even if you weren't his lover. You're just adorable, Akira. No one in their right mind would view you as a killer."

"You're kidding me right?" Akira asked astounded. He turned his gaze to the ground; tears began to leak from the young boy's eyes.

Soon, it was all the boy could do to not just bawl in front of the King. Enkil had seen him cry once before, as I have. But, the boy's tears were moving. He kept trying to stop them, but they seemed to never stop. They were heart wrenching.

Enkil's arms wound themselves around Akira's body and pulled him into a tight hug. "Ssshhh. Calm down, Akira-koi, nothing's wrong. Stop crying..."

Soon the boy eventually cried himself to sleep. Ran placed the boy in Enkil's chambers for him to wake up. But, when he suggested that Enkil come into the kitchen for something to eat or drink. He refused, saying that he wanted to be there when Akira woke up. So Ran left them alone.

When Ran left the room he encountered Enkil's father, Zehnos. "Lord Zehnos. Akira is still sleeping, Enkil is with him, please don't disturb them."

"Ran?" Zehnos said looking the tutor in the eyes. "You have beautiful eyes. Like the gemstone. Amethyst."/

Ran paused again to cough; his face turned a light shade of pink. "A-ah. I'll be right back."

With that, Ran rushed up the stairs, into his room. The other seven downstairs could hear an ear-piercing scream. A few minutes the scream ended, Ran walked back downstairs calmly.

"What happened, kitten." questioned Schuldig.

Ran smiled, and dismissed the question with a wave of his hand. "Nothing much, Sweetie, nothing much."

The stood shocked as Ran graced their presence with a bigger smile. "What? What's wrong, do I have something on my face?"

"Was it just me, or did Fujimiya call me `sweetie'?" asked Schuldig.

"I know I heard it," Nagi said smiling. He left his seat and walked over to Ran. "Let me take a guess. Zehnos hired you to be our teacher because you were a medium. Am I correct?"

"Yes, and no." Ran said with a small giggle. He was acting like a schoolgirl. A helpless little schoolgirl. He turned around and made himself some more hot chocolate.

"What was it?" Ken inquired. "Come on, tell us!"

"Zehnos was in love with me, he hated his wife. It was an arranged marriage to begin with; he though of her only as an annoying little sister who never went away. She was the only thing that stood in the way of us being with each other, other than his royal bloodline. But, Zehnos never cared about that. He promised that when she died he would've married me.

"But, that bitch always had a something that kept me from him. Each assassin I sent, she would charm and make them go back to their homes. Every fucking time I tried to kill her myself she would just smile at me and say `you wouldn't want the children to find out, now would you?'

The countless times I sat awake in Zehnos' bed, with just the two of us plotting her destruction. When she went away, we wouldn't leave the room for several days. The servants always brought our food to the King's bedchambers." Ran smiled sadly, "God, how I miss him."

They looked at Ran for a long moment before the man broke into tears. "I can't believe that we had to flee the country because Zehnos' people didn't want a gay king. They didn't mind the sons but the King. Never. He left with us, but before he crossed the borders to freedom, he was shot down like a rabbit in a hunter's trap!!" Ran threw his cup at the wall, still not satisfied that it broke. He shrank to the floor, sobbing.

"I tried time and time again to kill myself after his death, but his words still haunt me... `Stay with the children forever. Make sure that they survive and be happy. I'll join you one day again.'" Ran choked out, "but he never came back for me! He left me like they all did!"

"Who, Aya? Who left you?" Crawford asked.

"Everybody! Nobody would look at me after Akira and Enkil died. Nothing was ever the same. I lost them as I did my lover. Zehnos was already going to stay with me until he died! He made that promise to me; he promised me that he would never leave me! Akira and Enkil promised the same damn thing. But, look where it got me in life! I kill people! What honor is in that?!"

"You protect the innocent from being hurt that's the honor in it." Yohji mumbled.

"What good is that, when everyone I have loved or love now are going to be taken away from me in the future?" Ran yelled, "My life has been doomed ever since that woman was killed..."

END CHAPTER SIXTEEN

A/n: sorry for such a slow update... it's been a while since I last got my inspiration. But I'd like to that everyone who reviewed! THANKS!!