Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Mind Trick of the Heart ❯ Flowers from a Boy? ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Weiss Kreuz or the idea or the characters in the show. However I do own this fanfiction idea and the characters Saberu, Toran, Walter, Mary and her little followers Sue-Ann and Beth. Don't take them, they're mine that would just be mean. :p I'm sure you could come up with your own.

Warnings: Yaoi, strong language, Implied KenxOmi and OCxOmi. Lots of stuff to do with original characters, don't like that stuff, than you probably wouldn't like this.

Chapter 4: Flowers from a Boy?

"Ah... Saberu, more...Ahh!"

Saberu woke up with a jolt. His heart pounding rapidly against his chest.

"No...why am I dreaming about you?" he asked as he quivered. He forced himself out of bed, his clothes clinging to him from his sweat. He was sick of this, it was his 3rd time waking up in the middle of the night from the same dream, heart pounding and overly aroused.

He made his way down to bathroom where he turned on the faucet and began to splash cold water onto his face, trying to calm his nerves.

"I don't even know you and I want you... I might even--" he cut himself off and looked into the mirror. "Damnit, Omi... Why did I look into your mind? Why didn't I just kill you?!"

For some reason that made him want to cry, the thought that he had actually almost killed such a wonderful person... He shook his head and shut his eyes tightly, trying to block out that sweet face.

"DAMN YOU, OMI!!!"

"Saberu?"

Saberu looked up. Standing in the doorway was Walter.

"Is that what is bothering you? Some man named Omi?" he asked. Saberu looked horrified.

"N-no..." he gasped.

Walter sighed. "Honestly, you've been caught. Who is he? If he's done something to you, Toran and I will march right out and kill him if you want--"

"NO!" Saberu yelled. "Don't you dare, don't you dare hurt him!!!" He quickly shoved Walter out of the way and rushed back into his room, slamming the door and locking it. Walter grinned.

"Well, that answers the question on whether you're mad because you hate him or mad because you love him..." he smirked.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saberu woke up early that day, before Walter and Toran were even up. He felt as though he was going to die from those stupid dreams. But what was he going to do? He couldn't deny it any longer; he had feelings for this boy...

He was in love with the boy who wanted to kill him.

"Sounds like a stupid movie," he thought to himself as he threw on his jacket and cap. He wore them so anyone who had seen his shows wouldn't go jumping up and down for an autograph. But for today it would be for another reason.

He had to see him, he was dying to see his face again. Even if he couldn't speak to him, he just had look at that sweet face again.

"If only...if only I could prove to him we'd be good together, but he's always going to look at me as an enemy, the person whom he was supposed to kill..."

Saberu left out the front door, feeling hopeless.

-------------------------------------------------------------- -

"Omi? Omi, it's time to--" Ken froze. Looking around his room he wasn't there. "Huh?" Ken walked back down stairs to the flower shop, maybe he was already there? No, he wasn't there either... Ken wondered where he had gotten to. He checked the kitchen, the living room... He wasn't there either. He walked down to the basement, he didn't think Omi would be there but he was running out of options.

Much to his shock he was there; face against the desk, sleeping softly with scattered cans of soda and a bag of chips. He must have been up all night before just falling right asleep in front of the computer!

"Omi, hey, wake up..." Ken said, shaking his shoulder softly.

"Ugh...what?" Omi groaned. He blinked for a moment, trying to remember what was going on. "Ken-kun... I-I must have fell asleep."

"What were you doing?" Ken asked him.

"Oh, I was checking to see where those guys would be next," he informed him. "Unfortunately I couldn't find any info on them... I guess I'm going to have to ask Mary where--" he slapped his forehead. "No, I can't do that, I forgot she's mad at me."

"Ah, c'mon... Maybe she got over it."

"Ken-kun... Please, you saw her! She has never been so mad at me in her life!" he leaned back against his chair with a pout. "This is going to hard... Guess I'll just have to ask someone else."

"Well, we're supposed to be opening the shop today..." Ken said. "If you don't feel up to it, I think Yoji and I can handle it."

"No, no!" Omi waved his hand in protest. "Aya-kun's still hurt, I don't want to let you and Yoji deal with the shop all by yourselves!"

"Well, if you're sure..."

"I'm fine!" Omi insisted, standing up. As he tried to walk he stumbled and fell.

"Omi!" Ken gasped, catching him in his arms.

"Ugh...maybe I do...need some rest," Omi yawned. Ken was so warm... He felt like he could fall right asleep just being in his arms.

That's when Omi realized something... Ken was holding him! His face began to turn red.

"Um, uh... Th-thanks for catching me!"

"...huh?" Ken had been in a daze, holding Omi this close... The smell of his hair intoxicating, the feel of his skin like silk... Realization hit him. Why was he still holding him??

"Uh, you don't have to thank me for that!" he said awkwardly as he shoved Omi away. Omi blushed.

"Just give me 3 hours to nap... I'll be fine then," Omi told him.

"Oh, take as much time as you need."

"Thank you, Ken-kun... I'll come and help in a few hours," Omi quickly rushed up the stairs without another word.

"Damnit!" Ken cursed to himself as he was sure Omi could no longer hear him. "What is wrong with you, Ken?!" a dirty thought had been running through his head just now as he held Omi like that... But that was sick! Omi was like a brother to him, a little brother. He wasn't even a legal adult! "And he's straight..." he gulped nervously. That was proven, he had been in love with Ouka after all. "I'm just being stupid now... I just hope I didn't give Omi the wrong impression..."

--------------------------------------------------------- ------

Omi meanwhile walked up into his room, pondering what had just happened between him and Ken. He had never been held like that, not that he could remember... It was so comforting to feel the arms of another human being around him. He wished he hadn't said anything, he wished he had just stood there...maybe Ken would have held him longer. He felt happy and warm inside, something he hadn't felt for a long time.

"I liked that," he realized, not just being held but being held by Ken specifically. "I like that a lot..."

------------------------------------------------------------ ---

Saberu walked down to the little flower shop the boy in his dreams worked at during the day. As he got there, he didn't notice the figure of his dreams in the shop. It was just the other two. He couldn't remember the last time he felt so disappointed.

"Damn," he muttered with a frown. That's when he noticed the blue flowers he had seen yesterday were still there. He smiled. 'They remind me of his eyes...' he couldn't resist. Making sure he had enough cover, he grasped the bouquet and walked into the shop.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, you want the card made out to whom?"

"'My little Angel'," Saberu informed him. None of the others had gotten a good look at him, so with his hair stuffed up into his cap and baggy jacket on they didn't even recognized him. His heart was pounding wildly, he felt such an adrenaline rush. He was sending Omi flowers! He just wished he could see his face when he received them. "Put on there, 'These remind me of your eyes, hoping they'll look into mine lovingly someday'..."

Ken chuckled. "Quite a romantic, aren't you?" Ken couldn't help but gulp...there was something familiar about his voice, it reminded him of something bad. But he couldn't put his finger on it. "Alright, signed?"

"Your secret admirer," Saberu informed him. Oh, he was aching to sign his name but Omi could never know... Not to mention telling Ken would blow his cover.

"Now why do you want to do that? I'm sure any girl would go out with you."

"Yes, I think they would. But this is a secret..." a girl would go out with him, sure, but he wanted a boy...

"Alright then," Ken shrugged. It wasn't his business to try to change the boy's mind.

"You make deliveries, right?" Saberu asked.

"Sure! Where do you want it sent to?" Ken asked.

Saberu took a deep breath, his heart was pounding so hard at that point he was starting to think it was going to pop.

"A young person. I believe his name is Omi Tsukiyono, he works here, right? Give them to him."

Ken's face dropped and Yoji stopped what he was doing.

"OMI??" Yoji's jaw dropped.

"That's right," Saberu smiled. "Good day," with that he walked out the door.

There was complete silence for a moment...

Till finally Yoji burst out laughing at that point and rushed over to Ken. "Do you believe that, Ken?!" he grabbed the card to look at the sweet words that were written on it. "This is rich! Not only is Omi attracting girls, but now he's attracting boys!" he was going to tease Omi to death about this and was now getting very excited for him to wake up.

Ken was silent, secretly wanting to rip up the card and trash the flowers. This made his SO mad... He didn't want to give Omi the flowers, he didn't want to give Omi flowers from another man and that damn card...

'Why is this bothering me?' Ken wondered. 'Why do I even care??'

Footsteps coming down the stairs alerted them.

"Ugh, I can't get back to sleep," it was Omi. "I figured I might as well come down here and work."

Yoji didn't waste any time, he snatched the flowers from the counter.

"Hey, Omi! You got some flowers!"

"I did?" Omi looked confused as Yoji handed them to him. "From who?" a chance of hope. "Are they from Mary??" if she wasn't mad, he could get some information from her!

"Afraid not, Romeo... Or should I say Juliet?" Yoji was trying hard not to laugh out loud.

"What??" Omi looked insulted. He looked at the card. "'To my little Angel. These remind me of your eyes, hoping they'll look into mine lovingly someday...'" a small smile crossed his face as he looked back a Yoji. "Well, that's really sweet. I don't understand why you're smirking."

"Check the signature."

Omi did. "A secret admirer?" he questioned.

"We know who it is."

"Oh, really? Who then?" Omi asked skeptically.

"It was a boy," Ken grumbled, but Omi heard him all the same.

For a moment Omi looked at though he had been hit in the head with something. He gaped.

"Ken-kun... It was a guy??"

Yoji couldn't hold back any longer, he burst out laughing. "Oh, just WAIT until Aya finds out!"

Omi whole face turned red. "A guy...a guy is interested in me?? No, that has to be a joke!" he looked at Ken, since he didn't trust Yoji to give him the truth.

"Afraid not, Omi, this guy was serious all the way," Ken was looking for a reaction to that.

Omi was still for a moment as Yoji continued laughing.

"Yoji-kun, stop laughing!" Omi suddenly demanded. "I think you're just jealous!"

This definitely caused Yoji to stop. "I'm WHAT?!"

"Because I can attract girls just as well as I can men," Omi chuckled. "I've never seen a guy go after you, so I must be more appealing."

"HEY!" Yoji shouted. "I can't believe you, that's a pompous thing to say! I don't want men chasing after me for your information!"

Omi just smiled sweetly. "I'll be right back, I need to get these in some water," and suddenly he was back up the stairs.

Yoji was absolutely shocked. Out of all the reactions he could have gotten from Omi, that was the last he had expected.

"Ken, that was Omi, right?"

Ken didn't say a word; he was too shocked to say anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------- -

Saberu was feeling quite satisfied. Not to mention he was finding it a bit funny that he had walked right in front of one of the assassins and he didn't even realize it. If that guy ever found out, he'd probably feel like a real idiot.

And he had never sent anyone flowers before, the feeling in his heart was something he had never experienced.

"I love him," he smiled. "I actually care about someone in that way!"

It didn't seem possible to him. He'd never truly loved anyone, the only people he had ever even cared about at all were Walter and Toran. He hated every human on the planet after that...but now...

"Tsk, tsk, tsk!" something made him freeze in his tracks. Turning around quickly, he saw the one person that made him want to scream.

"T-Toran! What are you doing here??"

Toran was leaning smugly against a tree with a grin that was threatening to turn into a laugh.

"So, those were our assassin boys, wasn't it? Ah, Saberu, bad boy! Do you have a crush on one of them?"

Saberu froze.

"N-no!" he denied. "I was merely trying to figure out a way we could get in there and kill them all," it made him sick to say it, he didn't want to do anything to hurt Omi. Even if that meant keeping his friends intact.

"Liar, you just sent flowers to one of them."

Saberu felt anger raising to the point he wanted to slam Toran against the brick building that was on the other side of him.

"You-you... You jerk! You were spying on me?!" Saberu yelled.

"Why don't you just admit it? You meant strange as in 'I love him, I want him' strange. And it was he you kept dreaming about. The projectile expert you went up against, right? Also known as Omi..."

Saberu wasn't sure what to do. How could he defend himself, he had hit everything exactly right.

"Admit it, Saberu."

Saberu burst. "Yeah, okay, I like the guy, alright?! Why is this your business?!" he turned to walk off.

"You two can't ever be together. You think that kid is ever going to love you?"

Saberu stopped. He felt as though he had just been hit head on by a train. For some reason, he almost wished he had been. Reality struck him, he remembered that look of malice in Omi's eyes when he tried to attack him. How desperate he wanted to get his crossbow back just so he could shoot it through his heart. It was one thing for him to think it but to hear it from someone else was like stabbing him in the heart.

"Go to hell, Toran," Saberu growled, feeling tears begin to burn his eyes. He started to walk off again but once again Toran's voice halted him.

"Let me finish. He will never love you on his own...however if you persuaded him--"

Saberu turned back to him, marched over to him and slapped him across the face.

Toran was stunned as he cupped the side of his face that had just been struck. "Hey! You brat, what was that for?!"

"For thinking I'm that pathetic," he replied curtly. With that he turned and ran down the sidewalk, forcing himself not to jump in front of one of the passing cars on the street... He never wanted to die more than he did right then.

'He'll never love me on my own... Damnit, force is the only way he really WOULD ever love me... But I'm not going to force Omi to love me, never, I love him too much to do that to him. To betray him like that...'

---------------------------------------------------------------

Toran huffed. "Idiot, what is wrong with him?"

"I believe he's in denial. You should have known him better he would never use his powers to force someone to love him, that's not the kind of love he wants," Walter was standing next to him. "Honestly, why did you even consider jumping out and talking to him like that? You're too hyper, you just couldn't wait to get a confession out of him."

"Yeah, well, you're no fun," Toran retorted.

Walter had been hiding himself from Saberu, but, he was there and had seen and heard everything.

"Yeah, well," Walter replied, mocking him. "He's miserable now, you fool. You were too hasty to just spring all of that on him."

"He doesn't want us to help him so he's just going to realize it's impossible and he needs to find a new boyfriend!" whether Toran meant it or was just trying to defend himself, Walter couldn't tell.

"Now, now, it's not exactly IMPOSSIBLE..." Walter informed him. "See, Saberu could never approach Omi because of the fact that all his little friends would be trying to kill him before he could even greet him. Why do you think he made sure the others couldn't recognize him?"

"Okay, I'm confused, what are you saying then?" Toran asked.

"Why, I'm merely saying we give Saberu what he wants; a chance," he began to smirk. "Understand?" he asked looking into Toran's wide eyes.

Toran suddenly grinned. "Yeah, I think I do..."

--------------------------------------------------------------- < p>The day was coming to an end, the 'Kitty in the House' flower shop was closing for the day. Omi had been acting perfectly despite the flowers he had received that day from his 'secret admirer' which had turned out to be another man...

"Omi, can I ask you something?" Ken asked as he finished sweeping.

"Sure, Ken-kun! What is it?" Omi asked in his usual happy voice.

"Well, you didn't exactly act the way I expected from those flowers..."

Omi chuckled. "Did you expect me to freak out and throw them away?"

"Well, yeah, actually..."

Yoji was beginning to listen to the conversation. He had been extremely confused by Omi's reaction to it also.

'Maybe his reaction to Ouka's death was 'give up on girls'...' Yoji wondered. That seemed kind of dumb though...

"Well, I believe love comes in all forms. Some people love men, some love women, some love both," Omi replied.

Ken just froze. This couldn't be coming from Omi! Innocent little Omi was talking about this? Although he liked that theory... It was like Omi had it all figured out; maybe he wasn't as naive as everyone made him out to be.

"I'm sorry, Omi..."

Omi looked into his eyes. "Why, Ken-kun? You didn't do anything."

"No, I guess... I shouldn't be treating you like such a kid sometimes."

"What?" Omi was puzzled. He had kind of gotten used to it, he didn't always like it but he didn't expect it to ever change. He was 17, but he looked so young and innocent... Omi couldn't expect everyone to treat him like he was 20. "Oh, it's alright... I'm used to it," he laughed softly and shrugged.

"Omi is a kid," Yoji chuckled. "He's not an adult until he's 18."

"Good point," Omi smiled. Ken sighed.

'I don't understand...how he can be this way. So sweet... After everything he's been through.'

Yoji reached up to pull the security door down. Suddenly two feet stopped at it. It was a man's feet though...

Yoji pushed the door back up. "Sorry, we're closed--" he cut himself off as he realized whom it was. Horror struck him. "It's YOU!"

"Very good," standing there was Toran, huge grin on his face. He waved his hand and Yoji flew back, hitting the ground.

"Yoji-kun!" Omi gasped.

"What in the-?" Ken was dumb-stuck.

Suddenly the side door burst open, standing there was Walter.

"I believe we've come here to pick up something for our dear friend..." he had a grin as wide as Toran's.

Omi and Ken jumped back, not sure whether to defend themselves from Toran or Walter.

"What-what the hell are you doing here?!" Ken demanded. "How did you get here?!"

"You're little friend gave us the location," he pointed to Omi. "Thank you for that bit of info, I doubt we would have been able to find you all otherwise."

"N-no..." Omi gasped. Saberu, he HAD read his mind.

"What the hell are you talking about, bastard...?" Yoji growled, recovering from Toran's attack.

"Why, he gave us all the information we need! Yoji, Ken... The redhead was Aya, right?" Omi felt like his heart was in his throat as Walter spoke. "You're all part of an organization called Weiß. Oh, that's an interesting name... Bent on killing the evil beasts in the night, how noble..."

"SHUT UP!" Omi cried and flung a dart at Walter.

Walter just grinned and the dart froze in mid-air, an inch from his face.

"Wha-what...?"

Suddenly the dart changed direction and flew through the air again, aimed right at Ken. He had barely managed to dodge it as it flew right past him, so close his hair caught the breeze from it.

"Ken-kun!" Omi gasped. Ken looked absolutely horrified.

"I wouldn't do that again, every one you throw I'll just redirect it at one of your little friends," Walter informed him. Suddenly he held out his hand to Omi. "Now, come quietly and we won't have to induce any pain on you or your friends..."

"Come...?" Omi looked half-scared and half-confused. He couldn't attack, Ken and Yoji would suffer for it.

"That's right, our friend would like to see you."

Ken caught on immediately.

"NO!" he shouted. "I'm not going to let you take him!" and without even thinking, he jumped at Walter.

Walter groaned, "Fool!" he waved his hand and Ken was thrown backwards in mid-air, landing hard on the table which collapsed as he landed and he screamed in pain.

"Ken!" Yoji gasped.

"KEN! NO!" Omi yelled, tears in his eyes. "You bastard!" yelled at Walter.

Toran laughed. "Feisty! We'd better watch this one!"

"Come now," Walter suddenly became very serious. "If you don't, we'll force you."

"NO! I'm not going to let you do that!" Yoji shouted. Toran laughed again.

"What are you going to do about it? We'll just throw you like that other guy!"

Yoji gritted his teeth. Without his wire he was absolutely helpless...

Omi stood firmly. He refused to be afraid of them. "I WON'T go..."

"Aw, didn't you like the flowers?" Toran acted disappointed, but was obviously enjoying this.

"Flowers?" Omi asked, looking over his shoulder at the other man. That's when it hit him, how could he have been so stupid?! Saberu...all along. 'It's alright, my little Angel...' Little Angel... That had been what he had called him. That was whom the card was addressed to. "Saberu...he sent the flowers, didn't he...?" he looked back at Walter for answers.

"Ah, finally! You figured it out!" Toran smiled.

"Saberu...?" Ken gasped weakly as he began to recover from the fall. That was impossible! That kid with the baggy clothes and hat couldn't have possibly been Saberu! 'Why didn't I see it? How could I have been so stupid?! I went and treated him like a customer!' Ken couldn't remember the last time he felt like such an idiot.

"Why?" was all Omi could manage out through his shock. "Was it all some kind of stupid joke?" for some reason it hurt...

"No, actually," Toran shrugged. "Apparently you put some kind of ping in his heart with your tragic past... Oh, boo-hoo!" Toran said sarcastically. "Poor little Omikins!"

Omi looked back over his shoulder at him. He wanted so badly to throw a dart at him but knew it was impossible.

"Enough chit-chat," Walter took a step towards Omi. "Come with us NOW..."

"You're crazy!" Omi growled, taking a step away from him. "I'll never go with you!"

"Tch," Walter shook his head. "Didn't think so..."

"Omi, look out!"

"Wha-?" Omi turned around just a vase came flying. He had been alerted too late...

It slammed him in head, so hard it broke on contact. Omi felt dazed but this feeling didn't last long, he fell unconscious from the impact. And he landed hard on the tile beneath him.

"OMI!!! NO!" Ken shouted as he tried desperately to fight the pain that he was in to stand. They couldn't possibly win! "Leave him alone, please!"

"Begging? Pathetic," Walter looked at him in disgust. He held out his arms and Omi's limp form floated up into them. "Come, Toran, we got what we came here for."

"Awww... Can't I play with them some more?" Toran frowned.

"No, we're leaving now," Walter growled walking over to the front door. "Thank you, it was a wonderful experience," he taunted, carrying Omi's limp body.

Yoji may not have been as hotheaded as Ken but he wasn't about to let them just walk out with Omi without even trying to help. As Walter walked past him, he tried to jump at him, with similar luck as Ken. Toran caught him with his powers and flung him back onto the ground.

"AUG! Damnit!" he cursed in pain.

Toran giggled. "You all are so STUPID..."

"You don't get it yet, do you?" Walter looked down at him, his glasses reflecting the bright moonlight. "You can't beat us."

"You can't change your destiny," Toran smirked.

"Good-bye," Walter walked out the door, still carrying Omi and Toran immediately followed.

"NO!" Ken yelled. Every muscle and bone crying in protest as he forced himself to stumble over to the doorway. He couldn't let them take him, he had promised! "Don't take him! Please don't…!" he grabbed the doorway for support as his legs wobbled, scanning the outside quickly. They were gone, almost like they disappeared into thin air… They were gone and they had taken Omi with them.

"No…" he couldn't believe it, this couldn't be happening! He had promised Omi he would always protect him. "I should have been able to--" he fell to his knees, his legs finally giving into the pain. "Omi…" tears began to stream down his face, guilt and rage in his eyes as he sat there, hopeless. He could do nothing but cry out into the darkness… "BRING HIM BACK!!!!!"

~*TBC*~