Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ More than friends ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Rant: I haven't been able to see any updates on MM.org! I know there have been updates because I get the msg in my email, but when I go and look nothing. I have to look up fics individually so I know I'm missing some! They can't do this to me! It even says my fics aren't updated when I know I posted new chapters on some. Ugh! End Rant
 
Disclaimer: I don't own.
 
Reviewers: thanks to KD (that's evil), dp (I'm trying), Rori (thanks for the encouragement, it was needed), gothria (that was such a good compliment! When are you going to write more btw?)
 
A/N: yes this is different from the rant. I might put some sex in the next chapter which should be the finale, but I can't decide yet. So this is a heads up and an opportunity to express your opinion…yay or nay! One of my factors is like dp, I don't think I'm good at it.
 
 
Part II
 
“He'll never figure it out on his own, we have to tell him.”
 
“Aya-chan think for a minute, Ran has to realise his feelings first before he can pursue Yohji.”
 
“But he's being so dense Ken and so slow about it, he'll lose his chance before he ever knew he had one.”
 
“If it was meant to be, it was meant to be.”
 
“Ugh, stop trying to sound so sage-like, where the hell did you get that from anyway.”
 
Ken blushed, and vowed to throw away the How to Set Up Your Friends Book for Dummies that was in his room. “I can be smart and say smart things,” he defended himself.
 
“So what's this then?”
 
Aya-chan held up a bright yellow book, Ken recognised it as once.
 
“Where did you get that?”
 
Aya-chan just smirked.
 
“Didn't your brother forbid you to go into our rooms unless he was present?”
 
“Didn't have to, I got Omi to get it for me.”
 
“Omi!” Ken roared.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
Ran was bored, Yohji was out again at bars and nightclubs, Omi and Aya-chan were doing homework and Ken was who knows where.
 
In a sense Ran missed the days when he was Aya, Aya was never bored, then again Aya was lost in his own angst-ridden thoughts, and Aya-chan the real `Aya' lay comatose; maybe Ran didn't miss his Aya days as much as he thought, but he was still bored.
 
Ran scowled, in a sense this was all Yohji's fault. Whenever Yohji was around Ran wasn't bored, he was content just to sit in the man's presence, happy whenever the blonde deigned to smile at him; since Yohji wasn't around he had nothing to do, no one to bother so it must be Yohji's fault that he was bored now. Ran hated nights like these, when all he had to entertain himself was to think.
 
Stupid man, going out to all the bars and clubs like a cheap hooker, like if anyone Yohji met there would be able to properly appreciate Yohji.
 
Ok sure, they'd notice his unusual looks, with his wavy, golden blonde hair and sparkling green eyes and the smile that made anyone in his vicinity hunger for another glimpse of that smile, and Ran knew that the blonde's laugh was like syrupified* sex, it poured all over you sweet and sticky. But anyone whom Yohji met at a nightclub wouldn't know the real Yohji; the one whose real smile was so sweet and happy and strangely innocent, but oh so rare, the Yohji who would give of himself over and over again until he had nothing left to give.
 
And why the hell was Yohji going to nightclubs to meet people? Everyone knew that the only single people who went there only went to get themselves lost in another's body, in meaningless, mindless sex; Yohji knew this better than them all. A red haze clouded Ran's thoughts, had the man gone back to his bad habits of boozing and womanising? Well Ran now knew that Kudoh was as bisexual as they come, but manising didn't sound right.
 
Ran waited up for Yohji to come staggering home, didn't the man realise this was where he belonged, was wanted?
 
And finally just after to two (an early night for Kudoh), the blonde man sneaked in, only to be confronted with an irate redhead.
 
“I can't let you do this to yourself again Yohji.”
 
“Wha—”
 
“If sex is all you want, then I can give that to you.”
 
“Wha—”
 
“Instead of you going out there and picking up some god-awful disease, I'll give you what you need. I won't mind, that's what friends are for - to help.” Understatement of the year, Ran would be ecstatic to have the blonde man over him, under him, and be in him.
 
Yohji shook his head to clear it, blinked and blinked some more, realising that this hadn't been an alcohol induced dream because he hadn't had a drop.
 
“That's not what I want from you Ran, it never was.”
 
Ran was left staring at the spot where Yohji had been standing, had he just been rejected? And what the hell was that strange tone in Yohji's voice? A mixture of sadness, regret and - wistfulness?
 
And oh God had he just made the biggest fool of himself in the world, had he jeopardised their friendship? What on earth had inspired him to try and force himself on Yohji? Oh god, tomorrow he'd tell Yohji he had been drinking, and it would be true, he just wouldn't mention that it had started after the conversation with Yohji and not before.
 
 
 
* yes yes I'm aware that this isn't a word, but I couldn't think of the right word if there is one. And if you have any suggestions for a replacement word then I'm all ears. Plus I figure it got the imagery I wanted anyway.
 
On a completely random note I did this quiz today and it said that I was the classic lover which sounds good, or at least decent right? Until you read the description and realise that I suffer from the Cinderella complex. Hmph
 
Dp: I delayed this as much as possible. It's 4:30 where I am so I guess it could potentially be after work hours for you, depending on where you were.