Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Wolven ❯ Chapter 4

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Wolven

Chapter 4

Thoughts= 'this'

Telepathy= ~This~

Speech= "this"

Things remained much the same at the Schwarz base for the next week. Schuldig was often found watching over Myst, talking with the great beast when he was awake. Surprisingly, Farfarello was the only one who could get the wolf to eat: he'd diced up a steak and fed it to Myst by hand. Nagi checked the bandages daily, and Crawford was rarely to be seen. When not explaining pack life and lore to Schuldig, Myst slept or watched TV with Nagi, or simply stared out the sliding glass doors that led to the second-story balcony.

Myst looked up from his doze. Schuldig and Nagi were sprawled on the couch, Crawford was in his office, again; and Farfie was in his room playing with his knives. 'The moon is out. Now I can truly heal.' Slowly, the silver-blue wolf pulled himself to his feet. A glance back reassured him that the telepath and the pup were preoccupied. Carefully, Myst limped towards the moonlight coming in off of the balcony. He relaxed as he entered the moon's silver rays, and felt it's magic spread through his body. His head tilted back as though to howl, though he made no noise, Myst stood; letting the soothing waves of power wash over him.

Schuldig blinked away from the TV and stared. He silently elbowed Nagi, indicating their four-legged houseguest with a jerk of his head even as he mentally called for Brad and Farfie to come look. The four men stared in awe as the wolf's blue-silver coat glowed in the moonlight; the animals' very posture making him look like some ancient forest god. Myst's broken leg slowly lowered to the ground and he stood firm, his weight supported on all four legs for the first time in a week. His head finally came down, and he settled himself in a comfortable sprawl, basking in the moonlight. One greengold eye opened, and an ear pricked up as Crawford returned to either his office or his bedroom, Nagi and Schu turned back to the TV and Farfie entered the kitchen. As the scent of raw meat entered his nose, Myst perked up, tail quivering in anticipation of food. Tomorrow, he would hunt his meal, but he would enjoy tonight's steak.

Schu watched in fascination as for the first time since they had found the huge wolf, the predator bolted down the raw steak that Farfarello was offering. Once Myst had eaten, the Irishman stroked the animal for a few minutes before going to his room for the night. About half an hour later, Nagi staggered of to his bed, leaving Schuldig alone with the wolf. ~Questions tomorrow, Schu. And make sure all of you are there. I will only explain it once. ~ With that said, the wolf settled down and returned to sleep.