Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Wolven ❯ Chapter 9

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Wolven

Thoughts= 'this'

Telepathy= ~this~

Speech= "this"

Beast language= this

Chapter 9

Yohji stood in the alley outside the Koneko, cigarette in hand. He looked up at the night sky, listening to the animals nearby gossip. A bat swooped down and chirped at him. Are you the one called Myst? The tiny animal asked.

I am. Do you bring news for me? Yohji replied, stubbing out the cigarette.

Yes. She who is called Gypsy Queen sends her greetings. She says that the one called Schuldig is in need of your help. You will find him in the forest. She says to go in human form. You are all that is left of your pack, but perhaps those humans you care about will serve as a new one. I have done as I was asked. Good hunting, night friend. The bat delivered its message before flying off. Yohji sighed and stepped back inside for a minute to grab a jacket.

"I'm going out!" He yelled up the stairs. He grabbed his keys and left, slipping through the streets, having slipped into Myst's mindset. He quickly made his way to the woods before returning to human mindset. Yohji let his empathy drift out, feeling for Schuldig. He finally located the German at a small pond nearby. He slipped his collar off, just to be safe, and stuck it in his pocket, before walking over and sitting down nest to the telepath.

"Want to talk 'bout it?" He asked. "Whatever's bothering you that is, 'cause you've got the animals all worked up." Yohji looked at Schuldig from the corner of his eye.

"I miss Myst. He spent two months with us, and then just left. We found him in an alley, badly hurt, and took him in. I…liked him, he talked to me a lot. I guess I'm just worried about him." The telepath finally admitted. "Don't you dare laugh at me, either."

"Myst, huh? A wolf, twice the size of a normal one, bluesilver coat? That who your talking about?"

"Yes."

"He'll be fine. He knows every inch of this country. He's a wanderer, has been since his pack was killed. Anyway, you want to work on shielding? I know mine could use some strengthening." Yohji smirked at the German next to him. "Solitude does help."

After that night, Yohji met with Schuldig once a week at the pond to work on shields. It was the only time Yohji took off the collar he had worn as Myst. The two got along rather well, Schuldig even confiding once that Schwarz was attempting ro break free of Estet. Yohji had cheerfully passed that bit of info on to Manx. Also, when he had time, he would shift into Myst and look in on the rival team, Gypsy regularly sending status reports with birds or bats. And it continued thus, for about four months, until Estet finally found out about Schwarz' betrayal.