X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Torrent ❯ Date ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey. Sorry for the wait. I kind of got a little discouraged from continuing from a couple of reviews. But after receiving some really great reviews, I definitely wanted to continue. So I hope you enjoy. Please R&R!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own the X-men.
 
Chapter 6: Date
 
Lyss was up in her room, searching, frantically, for her missing left shoe. Her date with Logan was tonight and he'd be arriving at any moment to pick her up.
 
After a long search of her room, coming out empty handed, she flopped down onto the side of her bed in defeat.
 
Looking down, she thought, `This isn't the best way to start a date. Must be a sign.' But as she stared down, something shiny caught her eye; upon closer inspection she had discovered her shoe. In the most oddest of places to have misplaced your shoe, it was lodged between her nightstand and bed. The last place she would have ever looked.
 
Lyss pulled out the pink strappy shoe and mumbled, “Now how did you get there?” She quickly put on the evasive shoe and stepped up to look at her reflection in the mirror. Everything was in place from her white tank top to the pink lacy cardigan, to her matching pink skirt. Her hair was up in a loose bun letting a few strands down to frame her face.
 
Just as she deemed herself fit to leave her room, there was a knock at her door. Feeling eager to get the date started, she started to run for the door; then, realizing how silly she was acting, she slowed down and told herself to calm down, right before she opened the door.
 
She took a deep breath and held it, as she opened the door wide. As soon as she saw Logan standing there her held breath exhaled sharply. He looked great, amazing. In a green dress shirt and black jeans with a jacket overtop. She never thought of him the preppy type.
 
“Wow,” he said, looking her over and staring at her intently.
 
He went quiet and she started to get nervous, “I hope this is ok. I wasn't sure where we'd be going, so…”
 
Logan, catching the hint of uncertainty in her voice, quickly reassured, “Oh no, you look beautiful.”
 
Lyss blushed and quickly replied, “You look nice too.”
 
He kind of grimaced at her comment and a chuckle escaped her lips. She mentally noted that he didn't like to be complimented.
 
A smile over came his face, replacing the half-grimace. “We should get going.”
 
He held out his hand to her, and even though it was only their first date, it felt right to her when she took it. Logan led her down through the institute, seeing Storm, Kurt and Hank on the way, all of which looked particularly shocked to see them holding hands. And out they went to Logan's awaiting motorcycle.
 
“I hope you don't mind,” he said to her, a little unsure of himself, as he held out his helmet for her.
 
Somehow she wasn't surprised to see that he was the motorcycle type.
 
“Not at all. I've always wanted to ride one.” She grinned at him taking the helmet from his hands and placing it over her head.
 
Logan didn't say anything to her and just got on. He looked at her, indicating for her to get on behind him and she did.
 
“Hold on tight,” he told her, as her arms squeezed him just a little more.
 
11111111111111111111111111
 
“What's wrong?”
 
Logan cleared his throat and snuck a peek at Lyss from over the top of his menu. “Nothing. Nothing's wrong.”
 
Lyss eyed him suspiciously for a second and then announced, “I sure hope you can read French because I sure can't understand a thing.”
 
She looked up; noticing his slightly, flushed face. “You can't either, can you?”
 
“Not a damn word of it.” He sighed, closing the menu and putting it down. “When I asked Rogue to recommend a nice restaurant I guess she forgot to tell me the part where everything is in French.”
 
He looked so frustrated, so annoyed…so cute, that Lyss couldn't help but laugh at him just a little.

”What?” he asked. “Besides I figured with all that time you spent at school you'd at least know a little French.”
 
“Nope, sorry. I was always into Science and Math, never into languages. I only took a little bit of German and that's it,” she informed him.
 
“German, that's no use now,” he grumbled. He then picked up the menu, intent on deciphering the foreign language.
 
Before he could get the menu off the table, Lyss put her hand on top of it, stopping him from reading it and earning her a confused look from Logan.
 
“How about we get out of here?” she asked, giving him a mischievous smile.
 
“Get out of here?” he wasn't following.
 
“Yeah. Go some place else. I can see you're not comfortable here. And I'd like to go somewhere that you are,” she suggested.
 
“Do you have anything in mind?” he asked.
 
“I was hoping you would.”
 
He thought for a moment and then replied, “Maybe I do.”
 
111111111111111111111111111111
 
“So, this is the place?” Lyss asked warily.
 
“Hey, don't knock it until ya try it,” he told her.
 
“It's just that I don't think I'm dressed for a bar…” she replied. Not just any bar, from the looks of it a dirty, rundown bar. She knew she sounded snobby, but it wasn't because she really was a snob. She'd just never been to a place like this before.
 
“Yeah I know. You are looking pretty girly,” he teased, and laughed at the indignant look on her face.
 
“Well you don't look like bar material either, prep-boy,” she teased back.
 
“Hey, take that back. I do not look like Scott,” he laughed.
 
“Nope. Are you sure, you didn't borrow that jacket from him,” she said, also laughing.
 
They laughed together until Lyss decided to de-girl-ify herself. She took off her cardigan and let down her long wavy hair.
 
“Better,” she asked.
 
He took in the sight of her and just nodded. Then he took off his jacket, took her things and stuffed them inside the compartment of his motorcycle.
 
“Ok, let's go in,” he said, taking her hand.
 
He led her inside the bar. She took in her surroundings and noticed that it wasn't that bad. It was dark inside, but she could make out the bar at the far end of the room and the tables scattered around. And in one corner of the room sat an old jukebox, which, at the moment, was silent. She also saw that the place wasn't packed, but that a few of the tables and some of the bar stools were occupied. And at the moment, Lyss felt as though those few customers had their eyes glued to herself and Logan.
 
Logan led them to an unoccupied table in the comer of the room. “Sit here, while I get us some drinks.”
 
“Ok…” she replied, sitting down as told. She watched Logan stride confidently up to the bar, as he talked to the bartender as if they were old friends. Then he came back to her holding two, green tinted bottles.
 
He sat down across from her and she commented, “ You come here a lot, don't you.”
 
“Yeah. Whenever I need a drink or to relax,” he confided, handing her an opened bottle. “Can't get a drink at the institute. So I got to go somewhere else.”
 
“Yeah,” she said, preoccupied with staring down at the bottle.
 
He chuckled. “Don't tell me you've never had a beer?”
 
A slight red tint covered Lyss's cheeks and she replied with as much indignation as possible, “I have, too.”
 
“All right, he said, still smirking, watching her take a sip and grinning at the grimace that overtook her face.
 
“But did I mention that I didn't think it tasted so great,” she said, laughing a little.
 
“Did you want something else?” he asked.
 
“No, that's fine. Just, let's sit,” she said quietly.
 
“All right,” he started. “So…tell me about yourself.” He leaned forward on the table watching her intently.
 
Lyss smiled at him and asked, “Like what?” She put her elbow on the table and propped her head on her hand, tilting her head to look at him.
 
“I don't know, you're family, you're friends, school. Why you wanted to come here?” he supplied.
 
“Whoa, that's a lot of info,” she said.
 
“Start with this one then. Do you have a boyfriend back home?” he asked.
 
“Of course not!” Lyss sputtered out. “Do you really think I would have agreed to go out with you if I did?”
 
“No. It's just that someone as beautiful as you, I wouldn't expect to be alone,” he confessed. He grinned at her and she couldn't help herself, she had to grin back. “Come on there's no one?” he asked again. She shook her head. “No one at all?”
 
“No one I'm interested in,” she said truthfully.
 
”Ahh…but someone's interested in you. I knew you'd have admirers,” he joked.
 
“Not hardly.” She laughed. “I have a total of one and he's all I need. John chases me around like a lovesick puppy. I was flattered at first but in the end it kind of just got sickening.”
 
He laughed along with her. Once it died down he added, “Good.”
 
“Good?”
 
“There's no one else,” he confirmed, slipping his hand over hers.
 
Lyss looked down at the hand on top of hers and smiled. “Nope.”
 
1111111111111111111111111111111111111
 
Well that's it for now. A little mushy I know, but it will get better soon. Sorry about the no Rogue/Scott in this chapter. They'll definitely be in the next chapter.
 
Thanks for the reviews!