Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ My Sanctuary ❯ A Terror Named Fate ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter OneA Terror Named Fate
Why? Why can't I forget? Why are these dreams tormenting me...could they actually have happened?
"I'm sorry for making you go through such a terrible ordeal. Its just...its just that I wanted to speak with you. But now that I have the chance, I don't know where to begin." The voice floated from the surrounding silence and darkness. The voice was so pleasant, so...peaceful, that I became dazed by it as I sat there in complete darkness. For some reason I had been crying, alone in the comforting darkness; with my legs at my chest and my arms tightly protecting them.
"It smells so...pleasant," I whispered imagining the enchanting scent of this person who was in the darkness with me. His scent was very pleasing and his voice, so very alluring. I longed to know more about this person, yet I felt as though I already knew who he was.
"You can sense it? Even though you're in a dream?"
"It's not just the smell...I feel it too. It's the pain. I can feel it..."
"What are you saying?"
"I can feel people...their emotions, like they're actually there."
"Than what is it you feel from me...though I am here and not here at once."
"I feel...immeasurable pain and sorrow. If you...if you would just leave me alone...I wouldn't have to feel this pain!" I was suddenly yelling, more tears rushing to my eyes. It wasn't the pain that surrounded him like an aura, but it was the cause of the pain. Something has happened to me, was causing me to feel pain. I had lost something so important, but I couldn't remember what that important thing was. If it was truly that important could I have forgotten it so easily, almost unresistingly?
"Do you really want to be alone?"
I suddenly looked up at this person, and unlike before, I had the urge to know who he was, what he looked like. "Yes, more than anything." His expression saddened, had I offended him.
"But wouldn't loneliness lead to more pain and suffering? I want to help...I don't want you to be alone-"
"Stop! I just want you to go, I don't want to talk to anyone. I just want to be alone."
"I see. Can you...wait a little longer?"
"Huh...?" Why had he asked me that? He didn't want me to wake up from this dream, if I did I would probably forget again.
"I'm concerned about your well-being."
"You liar!"
"What?"
"Everyone here is only thinking of themselves. Nobody is thinking about my feelings at all!" In a quick reaction I saw an image of Muraki; his evil smile, lustfully hungry for me. If I could remember him, why couldn't I recall one thing about this person who obviously knew me.
"I guess you don't understand me." He stood up, I saw a shy tear in his eye.
"I don't even understand who I am anymore. I don't want to know about other people!" I was lying, the entire time. All I could think about was how I wanted to know more about this person. Who was he? Why has he constantly been in my dreams, in the dreams where it seems as though I can't wake up? Why couldn't I remember, no matter how much I wanted to?
I felt sheets straighten underneath me, and my naked skin against cool, crisp sheets. At once I knew I was in my bed, and I thought perhaps that it had been all a dream. Everything. All of it hadn’t happened, it was all a dream. I sighed and struggled to open my eyes. The pain lessened just a little. I couldn’t tell how long I had closed my eyes, but it seemed like hours ago I had fallen victim to that . Very weakly I reached up to touch my head, for I couldn’t feel the pain much anymore. The first rays of new morning light filtered through the soiled window, and I shielded my face, protecting my sensitive eyes. I sat up, but stiffness caused me to pause and stretch. Taking short, sluggish steps, I meandered to the window and peered onto the yard below. Everything about this place reminded me of where I grew up. Then, I'd been so eager to escape my desolate surroundings. I sighed, my eyes roamed the room, pausing, reflecting, soaking up every image of the lustful looking man standing in my door way. He approached me with an awkward smile on his face, a smile that made me feel bumps raise on the back of my neck. Then he stroked his hand over my tired eyes and lips with his cold, unwanted fingers.
"If you don't hurry you will miss school." He laughed to himself and then walked back to the door. "I'll be waiting outside, hurry up, ok Hisoka."
Once he closed the door behind him I walked to the bathroom, checking myself in the mirror. "A dream? That dream...it feels more real than my life now."
~ ~ ~ ~
"Hisoka." His voice cronned softly as his eyes lightly slid open. He looked around the room a couple of times before being satisfied with the fact, he's not dead.
"Glad to see you finally awake Tsuzuki," Tatsumi said reluctantly to the sight of Tsuzuki's beautiful violet eyes.
"How long was I out for?" He groaned, brushing the hair from his face with a displeased look.
"Two weeks." Tatsumi looked down once he saw Tsuzuki's startled expression.
"Where's Hisoka? Is he ok?" Tsuzuki stood up, getting dressed.
"Hisoka..." Tatsumi joined Tsuzuki on his feet and walked over to him, "Hisoka hasn't been seen since then. Everyone has been looking for him, but no luck yet."
"What the hell! Then why are you standing here, we should all be looking for Hisoka!" Tsuzuki grabbed his coat and headed for the door, not giving into the pain erupting from his chest.
"Tsuzuki! Wait! You are in no condition to go out looking for him. You have to stay and rest."
"What are you saying Tatsumi? Hisoka's out there and no one is making an effort to find him. I have to find him...I promised him I would protect him. I said I wouldn't let anything happen to him." Tatsumi refrained from the effort of stopping Tsuzuki, when he noticed the man's eyes suddenly overflow with tears.