Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Marik's Love ❯ Attack and Rescue ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Well… thanks to anyone who DID review… your comments were very helpful and encouraging! Luckily, I'm a nice person. So…

I'M UPDATING!!!

Alright… let's get this fan fic started! I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Too bad… you don't want to know what I'd do if I did.

(Sorry if you've noticed how bad my paragraphs are, I just thought the story would be easier to read.)

WARNINGS: Yaoi + Lemon + Angst

K thanks everyone, here we go…

Marik's Love

By Marguerite/Matalis

Chapter 2

It was sunset, approximately three hours and twenty-seven minutes since Bakura shattered his life.

Marik was leaning heavily against a hard wall within a dingy alleyway, trying to figure out why his current life was turning out so horribly.

He turned his head slightly to the side, and studied the surface he was leaning on.

The wall was grey, dirty, and smeared with several different fluids. Violence, drugs, sex… all three had written their own gruesome history on the wall on which Marik was leaning.

Marik shivered suddenly, and looked up. Pathetically crumpled leaves were spinning in circles above him, reveling the blowing winds to his eyes.

He crossed his arms over his chest, and gripped his arms with his hands in an attempt to warm himself.

Once again, he gave up trying to cheer himself up, and let his head fall forward to his chest; cream-colored hair slipping down his forehead and shoulders as he did so.

He was all alone in the alleyway, and alone he'd stay. Forever and ever and ever and ever…and ever…and…

"Get 'em!"

Marik's head shot up just as some men rushed at him from both entrances to the ally. He had no time to prepare, and found his slim body being smacked down to the concrete ground, looking up at his assailants.

Thugs.Stupid, careless, clumsy thugs. All five sporting weapons such as crowbars, lead pipes, and other foolish things of that kind.

Marik sighed, and reached confidently for his belt loop.

It was empty.

The Millennium Rod. He had not taken it with him when he went to see Bakura, he had not suspected he would end up alone and upset enough not to notice a bunch of idiots sneaking up on him!

Anger filled him, frustration at Bakura for not even warning him what he was going to say, and frustration at himself for pinning his own mistake on the man he thought he loved.

"Marik Ishtar, King of them stealin' no-good Rare-Hunters!" Marik frowned, not liking the way these men spoke of his tiny empire of shadows.

"We lost a good number 'o cards to yer snivelin' servants, Marik!" Another man had spoke, and more were adding their petty woes to the verbal assault upon him.

But he endured, he had too. He could not talk back, or he'd find himself with a broken jaw, or more than likely- dead.

He knew that with great strain upon himself, he could maybe fight them off. But not in his state, he had not the heart.

"…So instead, we decided to hunt fer ya instead, yer 'majesty!' " Marik blinked, and found that he had managed to miss a good bit of their insults, which was good.

What happened next, was not.

"Three…two…now!" they were all on him, five at once! Marik cried out as the first man drove his fist into Marik's chest, cracking the breast-bone in the process.

Several blows were delivered to his stomach, probably meant to mock his feminine form. For he was rather thin, though not without muscle.

Marik retaliated as much as was necessary to keep his life, but panic began to sink in as he realized that his strength was gone, and it had been a long time since he had been beat up.

He could not fight in the state his body was in, he smelled blood, and knew it was his own. Twin streams that were dripping from his mouth and nose.

"Finish the bastard!" someone cried, and weapons were raised. Marik actually cried out, and quickly found himself curled up with numerous gashes in his lyth body.

Blood stained his teeth, and blocked up his nose. He gasped for air, opening his mouth wide. A man kicked him in the stomach, and the breath was gone. Gone… he couldn't breath. His nose was blocked, his mouth unable to draw breath as his stomach heaved.

"Oh gods…" he whispered, "Help me Ra, let me be saved- please… please!"

The men laughed, having heard his pleading cries, and bore down upon him for the kill.

Sun glinted off the metal of their weapons, and down they came.

"Get AWAY from my Hikari!" Heads spun, and Marik opened his eyes slighly. Though his vision was blurrly, he knew it was his yami that had come to his rescue.

Coughing up a small amount of blood, Marik gasped out

"Malik…?"

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW!!!

No worries, I'm a super-fast updater, and if you review… you shall be rewarded!

Thanks so much for reading, hope to hear from you soon!

Arigato and merci everyone!