Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Marik's Love ❯ Returning ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hi AGAIN! Geez, you know you guys are really stressing me out! But I promised an update, and an update you shall have! So, I'm going to once again try and wow you with Marik's Love, CHAPTER 3!

Ok… now this is picking up JUST as Malik says: "Get AWAY from my Hikari."

Here we go!

Marik's Love

By Marguerite/Matalis

Chapter 3

Marik shivered at the look in Malik's eyes, knowing that although he seemed calm, his Yami was angrier then he'd been in a long time.

He was garbed in his usual way, off-white pants, long cape, and a shirt similar to Marik's skin-tight violet one. His arms were crossed over his chest, his piercing eyes darting to Marik while the thugs sized up this new obstacle.

"Marik…" his yami began.

"Get rid of him!" the largest of the gangsters shouted, and the sennen eye appeared on Malik's forehead. None made it anywhere near him.

Shadows erupted around Malik, swirling and howling around the alley and wrapping around Marik's attackers.

Malik came to stand over his hikari, shielding him from the violent darkness that was raging around the alleyway.

Marik turned his head, looking up at his yami, who was watching as the last man hit the floor, soulless.

He sighed, then knelt beside Marik. Their eyes met, and Marik was confused as to what he was supposed to be feeling as he looked up into his yami's face.

"Get up." Malik said quietly. Marik groaned, and turned over; discovering new injuries as he did so.

Malik watched him gently move his body, and sighed at the full extent of damage showing on Marik's bruised form. Malik's masochistic beliefs diminished somewhat at the amount of suffering his Hikari felt. Doing something very uncharacteristic of himself, Malik slid his arms beneath Marik's back, and pulled him towards his body. He stood then, and began to carry Marik out of the alley and away from the murder scene.

Marik didn't have the strength to struggle, and to Malik's surprise, his hikari leaned his head against his chest, pulling closer to Malik's warmth.

Malik frowned slightly, knowing that this simple act of affection must have been unintentional.

Malik shook his light half gently when he reached their motorcycle, being shockingly gentle as though cautious of his light's wounds.

"Marik, can you hold on to me?" he asked. Marik slowly opened his lovely eyes, and blinked.

"Yes I can, Malik. Please get me out of here, you can yell at me later."

"I have no intension of yelling at you, hikari. But I do want to help you."

"That sounds suspicious." Marik replied, eyeing his dark carefully. Malik laughed, and dumped him onto the motorbike, climbing on in front of him.

Marik shakily wrapped his arms around Malik's waist, leaning heavily on Malik's back and closing his eyes.

Malik started the bike, and sped down the street at high speeds.

Malik was intent on getting Marik home as soon as possible, even if it meant killing some police men along the way- though he hoped that wouldn't be necessary. Though, at the rate they were going at, any policeman had every right to stop them for speeding…

But luck was on their side that day.

Marik had recently rented out an apartment in the city, first making sure that the other inhabitants of the building were quiet ones, and without children to 'annoy' him.

Malik had whole-heartedly agreed with that particular preference, but hadn't made that fact known to his hikari.

After all, Marik and he didn't really talk much. They had both wanted the same things, but hoped for different outcomes. In Battle City, both wished to gain the god cards and overthrow the Pharaoh, (a complete impossibility now that he was followed everywhere by his hikari who kissed the ground he walked on.)

But after their defeat, and events of the past had cooled down a bit- friendly relations were formed with all involved in the experience.

Marik knew that he had a yami, and that it wasn't because of his Millennium item. But he had never really relied on Malik for anything, nor had he confided in him or even made an effort to know him at all.

This was understandable, Malik hadn't been a very attentive yami, but he had done what he could for Marik, even in little ways that the boy may not have noticed.

Never the less, Malik intended to try and spend more time with his light, feeling a strange kind of adoration for him that he didn't quite understand…

Malik parked their bike, and hoisted Marik into his arms once more.

The journey up the stairs and into their apartment wasn't a long one, and Malik made quickly for Marik's room once inside.

He laid Marik down on his bed, and began collecting various First Aid supplies from around the apartment.

When he returned to the room, Marik was gasping, and perspiration was on his forehead. Malik knelt, brushing away the wetness with his thumb. His light was still unconscious, and Malik knew that it would take a great deal of care to make his hikari better.

And he was fully prepared to do anything it took to see Marik smile again.

LOVE YOU GUYS! PLEASE REVIEW I DON'T THINK THIS CHAPTER WAS VERY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! OH, AND I'LL UPDATE REAL SOON, NO MORE THAN 24 HOURS FROM NOW, I PROMISE. REVIEW, REVIEW AND REVIEW AGAIN! (even if you already have)

Arigato and Merci everyone