Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Marik's Love ❯ The First Step ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Ok… let's see what I can cook up… I did not plan what I'm about to write… and I'm still clueless.

Marik's Love

By Marguerite/Matalis

Chapter 6

The echo of Ryou shutting the door behind him had just died out, and Malik was standing rigidly at the doorway, watching Marik- who was blushing slightly.

"So…I um, I want to thank you again." He cut off, and looked away. Malik looked down, flushing slightly himself. He cleared his throat, and then a sense of resolve filled him.

He walked over to the couch, and sat down next to Marik. They both turned towards each other, and Malik spoke.

"Marik, I'll always be here for you, no matter what. I swear on my beating heart that I won't ever leave you…never. I'm sorry about...about things of the past, and I promise to be a better yami to you. You can rely on me, Marik. I'm not going anywhere."

He lifted his hand, and trailed it down Marik's cheek, pulling it slowly away and locking eyes with his light.

Marik looked at his yami, then his face broke into what could only be described, as a 'chibi smile.' Malik only had time to blink before Marik surprised him again.

"ARIGATO MALIK!!!!!!!!!" he shouted, and still smiling brightly, he threw himself upon his yami, hugging him fiercely.

Malik relaxed himself, and hugged Marik back; stroking his cream-colored hair affectionately. Marik shut his eyes, and relaxed in his yami's arms, content for the moment to lie still in his embrace.

Malik pulled him closer, running his hand down Marik's back, the other still burred in his hair.

"Marik, you're incredible." Malik whispered, wrapping both arms around his waist. Marik nuzzled his head against Malik's chest, his own arms around his yami's neck.

"So are you." He replied, just as quietly. Marik propped himself up on his shoulders, and looked down at Malik. Leaning a bit lower, he gave Malik a very light, quick, and gentle kiss before pulling away and standing up.

Malik sat up, staring at his hikari; who smiled. His smile spoke a thousand words to Malik, he never wanted to look away…but Marik spoke then, taking him out of the utopia he had entered.

"I feel fine, I'm going to go out for awhile and see some friends." Malik raised his eyebrows, scrutinizing his hikari.

"Who." Marik grinned.

"Yugi and Yami." Malik sat back, closing his eyes again. Yugi Motou, and Pharaoh Yami Yugi, the King of Games, and all that other stuff…Malik preferred not to dwell on his former rival's many titles.

The two were the epitome of the perfect gay relationship. That, was widely known. They'd be been together for about a year, and everyone had seen it coming.

Infact, Yugi and Yami were the kind of people that you went to when you…liked someone.