Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Veils ❯ Lies and False Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I don't Yugioh and I never will but this story is mine.

Midnight Veils

Chapter Two: Lies and False Memories

Back at Duelist Kingdom, where Pegasus and his wife were, the couple was happily talking and Pegasus thought, "A sacrifice doesn't always involve bloodshed, memories can be just as easily lost as a life." The invocation he used on Yugi and Seto allowed him to relinquish their memories in exchange to get his beloved wife back. The ill-fated lads were in a sleeplike state and laid in gentle repose on a king sized ochroid bed that Cecelia had made for them. Their room faced the Southeast and it was a pretty view. Pegasus knew that his wife felt sorry for the boys because of their memory departure and he knew that his wife would want to raise them as her sons. There was a catch to giving memories instead of blood, the object the memories were surrendered for would be taken back if the victims ever recovered. Pegasus made a deal with the dark God Anubis to get his wife back if he took the memories of those who he hated the most. In Pegasus' case, that was Yugi and Seto. He knew he had to do all that he could to prevent them from regaining their memories or face life without his wife once more. To make doubly sure that their memories would not come back, Pegasus stole their decks and hid them for he knew the cards, more specifically, the Dark Magician and the Blue Eyes White Dragons, would definitely allow them to remember who they were and his wife would be lost forever. He had also taken their clothes and presented them with a new wardrobe just in case their original clothes would bring back anything. A week later, Cecelia walked into the room where, as she had been calling them, her virtuous and pure guardian angels were innocently sleeping. She crept over to their bed and started stoking their hair. The boys, who had been told, through chimeras that Pegasus had created to give them new memories, that she was their mother. Their eyes fluttered open and they saw her. They were even given new names as well to keep them from reclaiming their memories. Yugi's new name was Daniel and Seto's was Oliver.

"Daniel, Oliver," said Cecelia as she stroked their hair, "It is time to wake up. Your father has a wonderful surprise for you two."

"Really Mother?" asked `Daniel' as he grinned.

"What is it, Mother?" interrogated `Oliver' with a smile.

"Your father will give it to you," replied Cecelia in a happy voice.

`Daniel' and `Oliver' were wearing identical white silk pajamas with silver wings on the breast pocket. They got dressed and they looked stunning. Daniel/Yugi was wearing ocean blue dress pants with a lavender turtleneck. Oliver/Seto was in the same outfit, except the pants were forest green and the turtleneck was aquamarine. They put on their cross trainers and skipped downstairs. They were greeted by Croquet and some of the other castle staff as they entered the dining room. They saw their `Father' and gave him a hug.

"Hello, Father," chirped Daniel/Yugi.

"Good Morning, Father," chimed Oliver/Seto.

"Good Morning, Boys," smiled Pegasus as he embraced his two 'sons'. The boys sat down and had big smiles on their faces.

"Do you want to know what your surprise is?" he asked them. They nodded and grinned. "We are going to Domino today!"

"Yay!" cheered the two boys.

"But, the two of you must be hidden so that way bad people can't take you away from us," said Pegasus but he really wanted them covered because he didn't want Yami or anyone else to recognize them and bring their memories back.

Back in Domino, everyone was so sad. They believed that Yugi and Seto were dead and everything would bring back thoughts of when they were alive. Mokuba was practically living with Solomon and Yami because he couldn't bear to stay at the Kaiba Mansion by himself. They were all wearing black bands on their arms the girls would sometimes even wear black veils.

One morning, Joey and Yami saw a black limo pull up to the Industrial Illusions building. They saw Pegasus climb out with a woman they recognized as his wife from back when they were at Duelist Kingdom.

"I thought she was dead?" asked Joey.

"Pegasus must've found away to revive her," said Yami.

They saw two more figures pop out of the limo. They were completely dressed in snow-white tuxedos, gloves, and shoes. They were also wearing silver gauze-like veils that thoroughly covered their heads and faces. Just then, Yami felt the same sharp jolt he felt when Yugi and Seto were gone. Joey caught the Ex-Pharaoh before he hit the ground.

"Yami! You okay?" asked Joey as he held his friend who appeared to be having a heart attack.

"They're not gone," Yami softly chirped.

"HUH?! What are talking about?" said Joey in a confused voice.

"Yugi and Kaiba were those white figures that came out of the limo," smiled Yami before he passed out.

TBC R&R!