Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstandings ❯ Epilouge ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
It wasn't a very long trip back- but then again, they weren't really paying attention to something as meaningless as the passage of time. They didn't talk a whole lot, content just to hold and be held.

Ryou was mauled by his friends as soon as he slid off the horse- Yugi ran right up and jumped onto Ryou, hugging him and exclaiming how happy he was that Ryou was back. The Pharaoh was next, congratulating Ryou on his safe return and shaking his hand- he wasn't as in to the whole PDA thing. Kaiba just nodded at Ryou. Isis hugged him as well, then scolded him for scaring everyone like that.

Bakura watched the proceedings, itching to grab Ryou from them and kiss him thoroughly so they would all know who they had to talk to for permission to touch Ryou.

Malik and Mariku were watching Bakura, seeing his jealousy rise and rise. Their mouths split into identical evil grins. They approached Ryou.

"Yeah, we're so happy you made it out of that safely." Malik said, standing on Ryou's right.

"Everyone was worried." Mariku added, on Ryou's left.

"Thanks, guys..." Ryou said, stepping back slightly. He felt like some sort of animal cornered by two rabid dogs.

Mariku and Malik glanced up at Bakura (who was still sitting on his horse) and smirked when they caught his eye.

Bakura's eyes narrowed and he opened his mouth to tell them to get away from Ryou, but then they swooped in and kissed Ryou's cheeks. Ryou blinked, startled, as Bakura let out a howl of rage.

The two blonde Egyptians laughed and moved away from Ryou quickly, but not quick enough to escape the silver and brown blur shooting after them.

Bakura knocked them both upside the head.

Yami, Yugi, Kaiba, and Isis watched, uncomprehending, as the scene unfolded before them.

"Does someone want to tell me what just happened?" Kaiba asked.

Bakura stopped hitting Malik and Mariku and turned back to Ryou, walking right up to him and kissing each cheek, as if to reclaim them from Mariku and Malik. Then, he kissed Ryou full on the lips in front of everyone, as if to say 'he's mine, no touching'. It was a chaste kiss, but it got the point across. While everyone was distracted by the two silver-haired teens, Malik and Mariku slipped back into their estate, running up to their room so Mariku could cash in on their 'bet'.

"Did I miss something?" Yugi asked, watching the liplock before him. The kiss ended. Ryou looked at his friends, a blush coloring his face. Bakura moved around behind Ryou, resting his chin on Ryou's shoulder and holding him possessively. He calmly met the shocked faces of Isis, Yami, Yugi, and Kaiba.

"Well, you see... it's like this..." Ryou stumbled over his words, not exactly sure how to explain what had happened.

'Well, Bakura tied me up and slept with me before he left a month ago, basically refused to talk to me once I got here, rescued me from almost certain death, and then we made love again after a little heart-to-heart in the cave he took me to. I figure we're boyfriends now?'

Yeah, that'd go over real well.

"He's mine." Bakura said simply. He smirked evilly. "Or at least, my name was the one he was moaning last night-"

"Bakura!" Ryou said, face tomato-red.

"That... was a bit more than I needed to know." Yugi said, face almost as red as Ryou's.

"Agreed." Yami said.

"In any case, when will you be ready to leave? Some of us have busy schedules and a company to run." Kaiba said.

"I'll go grab my deck and then I'll be ready." Bakura said. He released Ryou and turned to go into the house when Isis stopped him.

"My brother told me you would want your deck once you got back. He brought it down for you." Isis held out the cards to Bakura, who took them gratefully.

"Thank you Isis. Tell that asshole of a brother of yours 'thanks' for me too." Isis nodded.
Bakura turned and faced the rest of the group.

"Well? Now what are we waiting for? Let's get going!" Bakura said. Kaiba snorted.

"Oh we'll get going all right, but only because I have to get back to run my company. Not because you want to." Kaiba began heading to his limo, followed shortly by Yugi, Yami, and Ryou. Bakura quickly stepped up next to Ryou, grabbing his lover's hand.

Ryou smiled at Bakura, squeezing his love's hand.

They piled into the car behind Yugi and Yami. Not content to be even a seat away from his lover, Bakura pulled Ryou into his lap.

<Mine. > he said over their link.

<Yours. > Ryou agreed.

He cuddled up to his dark. After a whole month of not knowing if he would ever see Bakura again, it seemed too good to be true.

He shut his eyes and leaned against his yami.

It would be a long flight home, but at least this time he would be able to sleep peacefully, curled up next to the one who held his heart.

The End! (Finally...)