Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Morning ❯ morning ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ryou's eyes fluttered open slowly as mornings first rays danced on his eyes lids. He moaned slightly as he turned over to look out the window. The fall leaves flew through the air twirling and sweeping in random patterns just out side on the chilly air. All the colors of red, yellow, orange, purple, and brown blended together in perfect harmony contrasting one another.

 

He sighed to him self sadly.

 

`Perfect harmony…'

 

He rolled over in his bed not wanting to get out of bed knowing the chilly wood floor was just waiting to touch his bare feet. He looked over the things in his room, appreciating their presence. He looked over at his open closet and all his sweaters and T-shirts that hung in it. He looked over at his dresser where all his pants, underwear, socks and his diary waited in each wooden drawer. He looked at his desk and unfinished homework laying with a pencil nearby that needed to be sharpened. At the desk stood a small chair that was slightly ajar from the desks frame. On the chair hung his ring, the one his father had given to him. The one that had a presence living within it. An ancient presence from Egypt. The same presence that was his only companion in the empty house. The same presence that wants to mold him in to the perfect host.

 

Ryou pulled the blankets up closer to him self and buried his head in to his pillow. Did he really think he could escape and lead a normal life? Did he really think he could just take the ring off and set it on a chair and it would all go away?

 

There was a knock on his door.

 

Of course not.