Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ MSfAT: You'll Always Matter ❯ No turning back. ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
By the time they both came into view of each other Yugi was too weak from walking with his illness. The bridge wasn't a long distance, but he remembered having just collapsed from weakness in front of Yami. Yugi started feeling sharp pains to his chest, but continued walking only to be brought to his knees by the pain when he was closer to Yami. The older teen kneeled to Yugi side to help support him. Yugi avoided eye contact, but nodded in thanks for the help. "Yugi,... I'm..." Yami started. "Save it," he said, surprising Yami. "Look, I still have feelings for you, but after the way you treated me, I don't know if I can trust you now,' he said with defend clear in his sickly voice. Yami looking at the floor of the bridge, trying to ignore Yugi's paled skin. "I don't want to force you to be with me. I'd rather die, then force you to do something you don't want to do with your life," he says looking over to Yami. "You're not gay, right? No, bi, either. There's no way you could have feelings for me," he said with a cold smile. However, Yami's eyes were swelling with tears. "Go live your life, Yami. You'll be 18 in a month. You have  a lot of life ahead of you. I've already accept me death, so I'm fine with it."

Yami finally looked back to Yugi. "Do you hate me now?" was all he could manage to say. Yugi's dulling eyes widened by the question, but he ended up smiling. "No, I could never hate you. Not matter you do, or how mad I get about it... hate isn't an option when it comes to you." The answer made Yami's heart drop, and he gulped. "Just leave me, Yami," Yugi said with a sad frown, now. "My health is already too far gone. Even if you changed your mind now, I would die," Yugi said looking down, but Yami's arms somehow made their way around him in a full hug. "You can't fall in love with me all the sudden," Yugi said, then winced as another pain hit his stomach. "It wouldn't be sudden," he replied. Why was Yami being so difficult now? Yugi was giving him an out, and leaving him with words that would relieve him of his guilt, and now he wants to stay?! Teenagers, honestly! "Yami... I don't want to love me. It should end...here..." Yugi's voice was starting to fade. "Yugi...?" Yami moved his arms to position Yugi into a more relaxed laying in is arms.  He held Yugi's head close to his chest, and let his tear drop hit the boy's barely warm face. "I don't want you to die. I don't want anyone to die... Not over me. I'm not worth all this. Why is all this so important anyway?!" Yami's voice boomed in outrage.

"My cousin failed, I see." a powerfully deep voice said coming in front of them. It's a tall muscular man.... with a jackal head. Yami was speechless at what he was seeing. It's not everyday some big dude with a jackals' head rolls up on you out of thin air... or whatever this place was. "I'm Anubis. He must come with me, now," the man said trying to take a softer tone to Yami. "Anubis... Why does he have to go with you?" he asked with terror creeping up his back. He hugged Yugi's body tighter, and leaned any from Anubis. "It's no use. I am the God of Death. He must come with me." the Jackal said, still with a soft tone. Yami, having a lot of experience in running, swiftly took proper hold of Yugi, and made a dash for it. Where "it" was, he didn't know, but away from a talking jackal head would do. Anubis, however, didn't chase him. Yami made almost to the other side of the bridge where Yugi started, but stopped with faced with a hauntingly familiar figure. "Look at what you've done," Atemu growled eyeing Yugi's limp body. "This is your fault!" Yami replied, but what was suppose to be a booming yell came out in a weak, low, growling whisper. "How...?" he said, and Yami just kneeled down on one knee. "Why you? Why me...? Why him? Why us? Why this?" he asked starting to cry again. He could feel his sanity slipping away, like the desert sands slowly forming dunes.  He knew this was no time to become hystical, but it was looking like it was his only option. "Don't bother throwing a tendrum now," Atemu warned his reborn self. The don't say anything for a few seconds, then Yami breaks the silence with "What will happen to me?" Atemu's eyebrows flicker slight. "What happens to me now? Will I die, too?" Atemu scowls and folds his toned arms at the boy's selfish question. "No. But, you'll wish you did. You will still be the pawn of everything, but it will all be meaningless to you. You'll live a successful life, as long as you remain active in it... but everything, and everyone will be worthless you it. A full life with an empty meaning will be your hell."

"What about you?" he asked, and this question surprised Atemu. His eye brows arch, now making his whole expression look as if he pitied the broken couple in front of him. "I will return to the after life. My servant Yugi will return with me, but thanks to you we'll never be able to go near each other. That, in itself, will be our hell," he answered. "But "hell"... it's not like you'll be tortured, right? Like Christian hell is suppose to be," he saw trying to get things clear. Maybe he could ease some of his guilt if he knew no one was really going to suffer. "HELL IS HELL!" Atemu yelled making Yami flinched at his own voice. "It's torture not being able to be with the someone you love!" Yami closed his eyes tight. Anubis was directly behind Yami now. Without word, Yugi's body glowed and started moving out of Yami's arms. He tightened his hold, but for not. Yugi's body passed through his arms and floated next to the Death God. "There is something you can do," Anubis stated as Yami was about to start crying again. The soon-to-be-18-year-old put his hand on his knee helping him to his feet, and turned to Anubis. "Just after your 18th birthday, You will meet Malik," The name made Atemu's head lower. "Malik... Tea's new boy-toy?" he said with an annoyed, uninterested expression. He remember their break up and was suddenly broken out of his thoughts when he heard "And you must kill him." "What!?" Atemu and Yami said in unison. "He is the one who killed the first Yugi, so you most kill him to save this Yugi's soul. Atemu, you will stay with him, to make sure he can get past my father," Anubis ordered. "And, then Yugi will come back to life?" Yami asked hopefully. "He will be reborn again. He won't be Yugi, but his soul will be saved. He will live his own live, free of all this... and you."

The fact the Yami was forced to come to terms with Yugi's death hit him is the chest hard. He'd been kicked in the chest before, but he was now feeling a pain like someone kicked his chest so hard their foot went into his chest and was hurting his lungs, ribs, and heart. He dropped to his knees, and Atemu walked p beside him, but offered no help. He just looked straight ahead to Anubis. "If Yami doesn't kill Malik Yugi will remain in the afterlife. What if... he falls in love with Malik?" Yami looked up at him, then to Anubis. "Wait... What are you talking about? Why would I feel in love with him?" Yami asks as his face started to pale. "Yugi remains here, you return to death, and he lives his life with Malik, if Malik chooses him as well. That's not likely, however," Anubis answers, then looks over to the side sheepishly. "I didn't think so," Atemu says. "Ok, I will return you all now." he says, then BLACK.

Converting /tmp/phpPogcib to /dev/stdout