Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ MSfAT: You'll Always Matter ❯ The Moto Family and friends. ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Yami didn't waste any time getting to the game shop Yugi once lived in. He even took his bike, despite his mother's protest. He knew he was fine enough to ride his bike. As long as he didn't think about Yugi too hard, he would be able to get to the Moto house without too much pain to effect his riding. Upon rolling up, he spotted Tristan's bike, and parked next to it. "This isn't going to be the most fun 'killing 2 birds with one stone' situation I've been in," he says more to himself, but Atemu was behind him in a mid air pose. He wanted to remain Yami this was all his fault, but he knew he got that by now. Some of what was going on at this point was some of his fault, too. Joey looked outside to see who was outside, and they all went downstairs to let Yami in and greet him. He took off his helmet and started to knock, but Joey swing the door open earning him a hard knock to his chest. "Dude!" Yami exclaimed in surprise as Joey went down a little. "I'm alright..." he said with some strain. Yami just shook his head, as Joey moved aside and walked in.

Everyone was giving Joey a "dude wtf" expression, but changed to smiles when seeing the other young man. "Hey, Yami," Tristan said, but his voice wasn't as cheery as usual. Mother Moto had noticeable bags under her eyes, and grandpa Moto had a soft shadow of a smile. "I came here to tell you all something," he started, walking over to the Motos'. "I --" He stopped when mother Moto handed the card and pendent he sent for Yugi's birthday. "I think I already know," she said moving the items to him, for him to take them. He slowly takes them from her looking at the floor. "Yugi threw them away, but I picked them out," he said and he looked at her sadly. Grandpa was looking at her oddly now, and looked over to Yami. "What do you want to say?" "I--- It's my fault Yugi's dead. It's hard to explain why, but I want to tell you I'm sorry. I know there's no way i can fix it, but all I can do is say I'm sorry I killed your son and grandson!" he said, and the room fell deathly silent.

SMACK!

Everyone's face was in shock as Yugi's mom's hand sting Yami's face. "Somehow, I knew, but that's all I can do," she replied. Yami's head turned from her force, but he looked her in the eyes after her comment. "I had a dream about Yugi, last night. He said everything was alright, and not to be mad at you. I didn't know for what until now. I will honor my son, and I will not be upset with you. I wouldn't wish anything bad on you, for the sake of your mother," she said, then balled her open hand into a fist as she lowered it to her side. "But, I don't understand how. Yugi was sick, first." Joey said trying to to get over the shock of all this. "It was because of me," Yami admitted. "But how?" Joey asked. "It doesn't matter how," Grandpa interjected in Joey's budding questioning. "You've said what you had to say, now please leave," he said with hurt blooding in his voice. All Yami could do was nod and exit. Mom and grandpa looked at each other, then invited the remaining boys back upstairs. They complied, for the Motos' sake.

Yami put the card and pendent away, and sat for a moment before putting his helmet back on. Atemu was there the whole time, and he silently thanked him for it. They were on the best they could be with the current events, so it meant something for him to at least be seeable for Yami at a time like that.

Now, Tea and Malik?

Converting /tmp/phplXAZX3 to /dev/stdout