Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ MSfAT: You'll Always Matter ❯ Yami's birthday, and her reappearance! ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
After all that had happened July 1st came, despite how much Yami wanted time to stand still. He felt a pieces of his mind slip away with every passing day he had to wake up and remember Yugi was dead. His mother took a half a day off from work, and he took the day off so they could spend time together. They talked for a bit. She could tell her son was still very upset, and changing. The way he talked, and acted lately was starting to seem out of character, aside from the depression. Yami suggested they go to the movies, after he noticed she was looking at him with worry for a period of time. After that, a few more hours later she had to leave for class. Yami was good about saving money, so he had some to spend as the night was just starting and he was freshly 18.

It was as if on queue he spotted Tea randomly on the streets. He stopped in shocked, and just stared at her for a moment. She was wearing her normal style of clothes, and looked normal. She was smiling and talking on the phone as if she hadn't disappear since summer started at all. He would've worry more about her if it weren't for Yugi's situation, and his bitterness towards all of his ex's for breaking them up. Joey and Tristan brought her her some times, but stop after trying to call her and she not answering or calling them back. They said all they could do was hope she was ok until school started up again. If she didn't turn up back at school, they would look more into it.

Yami finally walked over to her, and poked her side. He smiled up at her, looking through dark causal shade. He's wearing a black cotton button shirt with the first button open showing some of his chest, with the first view of him she got to take in. "Hold on!" she said to whoever it was on the phone and hugged him. "Hey, I'll call you back. I just ran into a friend of mine," and then a pause, and she slightly frowned. "I'll call you back," she said and hung up on the person. "How have you been?" she asked nicely, putting her phone away. He didn't know how to answer. He didn't want to honestly tell her he'd been feeling like worthless shit since Yugi died, so he did the next best thing: Quick lie to default response. "Fine! You?" he replied. "Oh, you know me!" she waved her hand. "How are things with... Malik, right?" he seemed to development a knack not only for lying, but acting. "Oh, things are fine. He can be a bit loony sometimes, but I know he cares about me," she says with a smiling shrug. "Let's go inside somewhere...," Yami said looking around. "We can go in here. I want a skirt out of this place," she says leading him in. They greeted by the cashier behind the desk, and wave back as they head to the skirts.  "Why are you wearing shades, Yami?" she asks looking at the items on the rack. "My eyes have developed some sensitivity," he half lied, this time. His eyes were sensitive to the point of red soreness from all the mourning he did. Even his dreams wouldn't give him a break. He couldn't seem to manifest good dreams about Yugi, like he had wasted the time he couldn't spent making good memories to dream about. He wasn't even dreaming of the time they had sex. He had already done his own psychological break down on why some things were and weren't happening. He wasn't a professional, but he took up reading on it to see if there was anything he could do to fix and get over it.

"Oh, well, the rest of you seems to be ok," she said looking him over. Black tie shirt, black tight jeans, and red and black sneakers. He also had some black and white accessories on his arms. "This isn't the way I'm use to seeing people dress on their birthday. Why no bright colors?" she asked with a shrug. "I just haven't been feeling cheerful to wear bright colors," he replied looking over to some shirts. "Oh, is it about Yugi?" she asked in a lower volume. His face grimaced at the subject. "It's sad, but Yugi would want us to be happy. You know? Live on and remember the good times. When I got back I saw it on the news. Yugi was sick, so he's in a better place now. I miss him, but I don't want my friends to suffer," she said then looked back at the skirts, with her smile faded. "I wonder why no one knew why he was sick. His mom said it seemed like he had the flu or a stomach virus, but the doctors' said they couldn't find anything wrong with him. That's more than just 'strange'," she said with her tone more stern. "You're right," he said with a nod, then looked up to her. "So, changing the subject: How's Malik doing? What did you mean by loony?" he asked taking a set on a padding foot set. "Well, he's slightly crazy. He's paranoid, and stuff?" she answered. "And OCD?" he asked. "No, not that. He's too busy running around all over the place to pay attention to details. He can be hyper one moment and tied the next, but he doesn't have unstable moods like bi-polar disorder or anything," she said then put a skirt to her hips. "He's a confusing piece of work, but when it's good it's good," she said and pulled off a few more skirts.

She took an empty changing room, and continued. "I want to tell you I'm sorry about what happened." "What do you mean?" "Everything," she replied sadly. "I liked going out with you, but I let the nonsense break me away," she admitted. "It's ok. It wasn't completely untrue," he said looking down, and rubbed his hands together. She came out with the skirt on, and looked at the mirror instead of him. "What does that mean?" she finally turned to him. The feeling between them became more serious, but Tea didn't withhold any bad feelings towards him. For some reason it felt like it was something that needed to be said out loud, to her. "I..." he paused and closed his eyes tight. "No matter him much I tried to fight it. I did have feelings for Yugi. We even had sex, right after you broke up with me. Even after that, I still tried to fight what was sitting clearly in front of me," he said then leaned over. Tea smiled sadly and leaned down next to him. "I think that needed to do said," she said rubbing his back. "How did you know?" he asked in a broken voice. "Women are healers. We wouldn't be able to heal properly if we couldn't tell you were hurting," she explained her "women's guts" in her voice. He looked up at her with a better smile he had been mustering up in a while. "Good answer," he complied with a slow nod. "So what do you think?" she asked showing off the shirt. "I don't like the buttons on the side. It that comfortable?" "No, it's fashionable." "It's ugly." "Ugly's in style!"

They spent another good hour talking, and Tea ended up buying 2 skirts out of the maybe 10 she tried on. "Here's my new number, if you ever want to talk some more." she pulled up the back of his shirt and wrote her number on him. "Now, make sure you don't do anything stupid and take your shirt off," she says then waved with his bagging hand and ran off. He waved back. He just noticed a good bit of time had past while they were in the store. She said that Malik moved fast, and he noticed she had taken that trait on. It's not like he had anything else to do. She explained Malik was born in Egypt, and his parents moved here when he was just starting his teen years. When they broke up his mother went to South Africa and took his sister with her. She even showed him a picture of him and his sister on her phone. She said it was from the last time he visited her a year ago. Somehow, Yami didn't feel bad about having to kill him. He didn't feel anger towards seeing his picture, but he mentally admitted Malik was sexy. Atemu appeared next to him rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "What's wrong?" Yami asked eyeing the pharaoh oddly. "It's not fair. He looks at the same as he did back then, too!" he answered with an unnerved tone. "You sound like a sexy fiend," he says remembering to put the bluetooth in his ear, and started walking. He didn't mind openly talking to Atemu now, but the bluetooth helped him not look as crazy. The only time the illusion broke was when his habit of looking at the person he's talking to kicked in. To everyone else he was looking at nothing. "Look who's talking," Atemu rebuttal. "Someone who hasn't had sex or even jacked off in about a month is talking. I'm not a sex fiend." That comment earned him some looks, but he didn't care. "That's what I mean. I'm the sex, and you're the anti-sex," he replied. Yami looked up at him with a shocked expression. "I'm not anti-sex," he quickly corrected and looked forward again. "I know. There's nothing you can do to bring Yugi back, so you could at least get a hooker." That pain in Yami's chest hit him, again. He was sent to a wall in an alley way, and clutched his chest. "Alright, alright. No hooker," Atemu conceded waving his hands. "Sorry. I just find it hard to be sensitive right now. I am a part of you, and you're a human being with needs," he shrugs. "And, I take it you represent those needs, now. If Malik has any memories, he'll hate me as soon as he sees me," he said pulling himself together. "I believe what we have here... is a failure... to cummunicate. I'll help you with that, and show you what I mean," Atemu warned in a growl, and disappeared from his side. He didn't like Atemu's tone about all. He didn't know what he meant, but he didn't like having to find out.

Converting /tmp/phpktnAcC to /dev/stdout