Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Murder By Moonlight ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Murder by Moonlight 3

Yugi had had a late night last night, he had been busy getting his paper work together so he could start working on defending Yami Senso. Today Joey would be coming over so they work on their game plan for the rest of the day; he yawned and rubbed sleep from his eyes in an attempt to wake up as he walked down the steps to the kitchen. He stepped into the kitchen and muttered a good morning to Yami who had his cousin pinned against the counter and seemed very intent on kissing her. Yugi walked to the refrigerator, stopped, turned around, took a deep breath and…

"What the hell is going on here?!" he yelled, or tried to despite the fact that he was still tired and was having trouble concentrating on things.

"Yu, Yugi," stammered Arora, gently pushing Yami away from her and straightening up still holding the coffee can in her hand. "Mr. Senso was just getting the coffee can for me."

Yugi stared at his cousin for several minutes his purple eyes narrowing at her before switching to Yami who was staring impassively at the young lawyer. "Mr. Senso," began Yugi. "I would like you to remember that you are a guest in my house and would hope you would act with the dignity and not try to seduce my cousin."


"Of course," said Yami, walking out of the kitchen and heading back to his room; he needed to get into some new clothes anyways.

The moment Yami was out of sight Yugi turned to look at his cousin with a disapproving look on his face.

"What?" asked Arora shrugging her shoulders and turning to the coffee maker to make some coffee.

"I do not want you to get to close to him cousin," said Yugi.

"Oh?"

"Yes," said Yugi. "It is possible that he might be the killer."

"He isn't," said Arora, firmly.

"Is it your head telling you that or your heart?" asked Yugi flatly.

"Cousin I know Yami did not do it."

"Are you certain cousin?" asked Yugi, staring deeply into her eyes.

"I have never been more certain of anything in my life," she said, just as Joey walked into the room.

"Who died?" he asked looking at the serious faces on the two cousins.

"No one died," said Arora, rolling her eyes and going back to making the coffee.

"So why so serious?" asked Joey.

"Yugi is irked because he walked in on me and Yami, I mean Mr. Senso, when we were about to kiss."

"I don't think HE would like that," said Joey, slowly making sure to put a big emphasis on he.

"He is no longer a part of my life," said Arora. "Well, at lest not much of one anyways. That was a long time ago and he moved back to Egypt last year. Besides, we both decided it would be for the best if we didn't let the relationship go any further. Last I heard he had found himself a nice girl and he was planning on bringing her over her eventually seeing how her family is from America and all."

"Still," said Joey. "You never know about him; I mean he is very protective over you and you know your cousin…"

"Which one?" chuckles Arora.

"The OTHER one," said Joey flatly, his New York accent dripping with disapproval.


"Ah yes," said Arora nodding, while pouring herself a cup of coffee. "You should be more grateful," said Arora after awhile. "After all he didn't have to help us all those times."

"I will have to shut him down one of these days ya know," said Joey flatly.

"You always say that and you have yet to do it so far," said Arora.

"I know how much they mean to you," said Joey, after a long moment of silence.

"That's not it and you know," said Arora smiling to herself as she laughed softly. "Despite yourself you have grown quite fond of him and you have grown even fonder of the other one."

"I am still fond of the other one I am just not fond of THAT one."

"Whatever you say Joey," smiled Arora, as she went to get changed.

Arora knew Joey like she knew the rest of her small group of friends which included: her three cousins, Joey of course, Malik, his twin brother Marik, their sister Isis, and her fiancé Rashid. Aside from them not many other people could stand to be around her because of her brassiness at times. Oh well, their loss.

With Yami____________________________________________________

Yami stood under the spray of the shower and ran his hands through his wet and now tamed hair. He smiled reminding how the woman's body had responded to his closeness not too long ago she had reacted in much the same way as Haria had; although this woman didn't throw herself at him like Haria had. This girl seemed almost nervous about getting involved with him. Yami signed remembering how it felt to be pressed against her firm rare; it was of no surprise that she worked out. The only thing other then getting her in bed with him was getting his name cleared of charges brought against him for murdering Haria.

The thought of Haria stopped all romantic thoughts he was having of Arora. He pressed his forehead against the cooling bathroom tiles and closed his eyes; it still hurt: the betrayal and her death still haunted him. He loved her then and part of him, despite his attraction to Arora, still loved her. He wondered if he was just lusting after Arora; but part of him knew that he wasn't only lusting after her and that part of him made him feel slightly guilty for loving her while still being in love with Haria, though dead. What was he going to do about this?