Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Forever ❯ My Forever - Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
My Forever
Bishojo shadow & hato chiisai
YAOI WARNING
Disclaimer: Neither of us own Yugioh.
Chapter 12
 
It had been two days since Ryou had been taken to the hospital. Seto had not left Ryou's side except to use the bathroom and shower, at Mokuba's insistence. They had placed the Ring around Ryou's neck, which strengthened Bakura a bit, but the yami was still very weak, and hung around Ryou's room like a ghost, never saying a word, and rarely doing anything but stare at Ryou. Malik and Marik took turns standing watch in the room, while the others, out of respect for Seto, took careful care of Mokuba. Seto had expressed worry over his brother because of the photos, so Malik and Marik swore that they would keep the younger Kaiba safe. The rest of the gang would come and go, especially Yugi and Yami, but Honda had only come by once, and that visit was brief.
Ryou had remained unconscious, which was probably fortunate. When a nurse had come in for a routine check up, Seto, Malik and Bakura had seen the extent of Ryou's injuries, and they all came out of that experience lusting for blood. There wasn't an inch of the white skin that they were all used to; Ryou was nothing but black, blue, purple, and in some places, a sickly green. Seto had been even more of a wreck after that, and it took forever for Malik to convince him to sleep.
He was woken by Yami Yugi, and just as he was about to spit out an acid comment, Yami pointed to Ryou. Seto looked and saw that his lover's eyes were slowly blinking, trying to focus on something. He was clearly disoriented and was unaware of where he was.
Seto froze for a moment at the sight of Ryou's eyes actually opened, they may have not been focused but at least he wasn't in a coma as others thought and Seto himself feared. He placed his hand on Ryou's, being careful of the IV when he did so, as Ryou's eyes turned to meet his. Nothing else moved for the longest time as they looked at one another neither of them saying anything, Seto wanted to touch and embrace him but there was no way he could without causing Ryou further harm so he settled for looking at him.
"Ryou?" Seto said softly for lack of anything better to say
Ryou blinked slowly, looking at Seto as if he had never seen him before. His eyes slowly moved around the room, looking over Yami, Yugi, Malik, Marik, Mokuba and Bakura. His eyes seemed to linger a bit on Yami, and once he was finished looking everyone over, they returned to Yami. The rest of the group was very surprised, and Seto was irritated and hurt. Yami cleared his throat and slowly took Ryou's hand. Ryou looked down, blinking at his hand in Yami's.
"Ryou? Is something wrong?" He asked, quietly. Ryou blinked again.
"Yes." He said, in a hoarse voice. "I still have to kick your ass." The group stared, amazed, and Yami slowly backed away.
Bakura smiled and walked over to Ryou taking place of Yami's hand, it was the first real sign of life the yami had had in days and everyone was a little relived that he was moving around more...it meant that Ryou was feeling better too. Seto was happy that Ryou's eyes once again rested on his own, but he was still clueless as what to say to Ryou as he rubbed his thumb over his fingers gently. Bakura spoke up since Seto didn't.
"I'm glad you're awake Hikari, you had us all worried." Bakura said his own voice a bit raspy.
Ryou looked down and shifted slightly, only to let out a little scream. Bakura and Seto both moved closer as Ryou clenched his teeth in pain, tears filling his eyes. The others also moved closer.
"Ryou? You okay?!" Malik gasped. Ryou slowly shook his head, whimpering as even that caused him pain.
"I, I wanna go home..." He wailed. "I WANNA GO HOME!!!" And he held tightly to Seto and Bakura's hands and cried, fogging up the inside of the oxygen mask on his face.
Seto gently wiped away Ryou's tears with a soft Kleenex as he looked to Bakura, he could take Ryou home and hire a private doctor and nurse to take care of him...Ryou didn't like hospitals he never really did, but Seto wasn't sure if moving Ryou at all was a good idea.
Bakura was on the same page as Seto; he didn't want to move Ryou and bring him more harm