Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Slave for All Time ❯ the New King and Slave Boy ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

—So it looks like Fanfic 2 is the winner. I'm kind of glad actually. That first idea…I admit I just pulled that one out of my ass at the last minute. :-) The second one's been waiting in the wings for a while now.
 
Yay to the Rom reference! Well, I'm sure others did too. Heh. Yeah, I'm on this Rome kick, because I recently finished studying Rome in one of my classes.
 
Chapter 16 - the New King and Slave Boy
 
Smack!
 
Thud!
 
The other students in Oosaki-sensei's class laughed as Yugi climbed back into his seat from where he'd been snoozing during Oosaki-sensei's Algebra lesson. Oosaki-sensei stood over Yugi's desk, her huge boobs barely fitting into her feminine teacher uniform. She scowled at Yugi. “Mr. Mutou, since you're so wide awake, can you answer my question?”
 
“Uh…” Yugi said, scrambling to get on the right page of his textbook.
 
Smack!
 
Oosaki-sensei hit him on the head with her rolled up paperback. “Outside, Mr. Mutou! I'll have a word with you after class.”
 
Yugi sighed heavily and stood to walk outside. Joey Wheeler, Yugi's best friend, whispered as he passed, “I'm not the only one Oosaki-sensei bores to death.”
 
Smack!
 
“Very funny, Mr. Wheeler. Would you care to keep Mr. Mutou company?” Oosaki-sensei asked.
 
“No ma'am.” Joey said, returning his eyes to his textbook.
 
Yugi closed the door to the classroom and leaned against the wall. It wasn't like him to fall asleep in class. Two weeks ago, he began to remember things. Memories from his first life. Sometimes he would drift into a sort of dreamlike state and sit in a corner of his mind, asking himself, “Why me? Why did the gods share me?”
 
No, it wasn't just him. I remember that, he thought, it was my love they spared as well. However, Yugi's question of why was still unanswered. For the past two weeks, as he regained the memories of his past life, Yugi still couldn't find an answer. He had just been a simple slave boy who fell in love with the most powerful man in all of ancient Egyptian society. So what? That wasn't anything special, was it? Sure, his lover could control the mighty God Monsters and yes that was a pretty good reason to spare him. Was Yugi spared just so Atemu would be happy in his next life?
 
“I guess…” Yugi whispered. “Either way you look like it, I'll always belong to the Pharaoh.”
 
He closed his eyes and let his mind wander back, far back five thousand years. He could barely remember what it was like just drifting through the darkness, hidden from time by the gods of Egypt. For five thousand years, his soul and the Pharaoh's soul drifted through that void time had forgotten. It seemed like such a short time ago now. He remembered feeling the warmth of his king's soul next to his. It was like he'd been floating enveloped in a blanket of clouds and light.
 
Suddenly, he was in someone's arms. Yugi's eyes shot open and looked up at who was helping him to his feet. He looked a lot like Yugi except…he was a head taller and his skin was slightly dark. His eyes were a beautiful blend of leather brown and crimson red. His arms were strong and finely-muscled. The Domino High School uniform of a blue jacket, T-shirt, dark blue pants, and sneakers looked so damn sexy on him too.
 
“Are you all right?” he asked. That voice…
 
Yugi felt himself shaking with happiness. He looked directly into the young man's eyes and saw the same spark of life and eternal wisdom he'd always seen in his king's eyes.
 
“Pharaoh?”
 
The young man stared at him. Then he said something that nearly broke Yugi's heart. “Do I know you?”
 
“Y-Yes. We…used to be l-lovers in—”
 
“No, I think you're mistaken. I prefer girls. I'm not homosexual.”
 
“But Pharaoh! We—”
 
“Please, don't call me that. My name is Yami Kotara of Class C.” He looked up at the sign over the door. “Ah, Class B. Well, excuse me. I need to use the bathroom.”
 
Yami started walking away, but Yugi said, “Wait, please. Don't you remember?”
 
“Remember what? Look, if you don't let me leave, I'm going to piss right here in the hallway.”
 
Yugi blushed a little. “Five thousand years ago, you and I…we were in love.”
 
“That's impossible.” Yami said. “I'm only seventeen and you look…around sixteen. We can't be five thousand years old. Plus, like I said earlier, I'm not gay. I like girls.”
 
Yugi said nothing and after a little bit, Yami walked off down the hallway. A few minutes later, as Yami was coming back, the bell rang. The halls became flooded with students that were heading for their last class of the day. Gym class was next for Yugi. Joey and Tea would be there too.
 
Joey came out of the class last and said, “Sensei wants to see ya, Yugi.”
 
“Thanks Joey.” Yugi said.
 
“Sure, I'll wait for ya at the lockers.”
 
———————
 
“So did Oosaki-sensei give you that falling asleep lecture and 500 word essay?” Joey asked as he pulled on his gym uniform.
 
Yugi took his shirt off and said, “She gave me a lecture, but no essay.”
 
“What?!” Joey exclaimed. Kicking his locker, he growled angrily, “Shit, am I the only one Oosaki-sensei hates?!”
 
Tristan Taylor, who had just finished up his gym class, walked by and said, “Well, you're the one who drew that bad cartoon of Oosaki-sensei getting her breasts pumped full of air.”
 
“Dammit.” Joey said. “She should be flattered. At least I'm not one of those perverts in the back who have wet dreams about her.”
 
Yugi pulled on his gym shorts and said, “Yeah, great Joey. Tell the whole school.”
 
Tristan laughed. “You're lucky, Yugi.”
 
“Yeah. All you do is drool over the cute guys in the school.”
 
Yugi frowned. “Gee, thanks.”
 
Tea was waiting for them when they came out. Tristan waved to them as he headed off to his class. Tea walked with Joey and Yugi outside to the soccer field.
 
“Free day today, huh?” Joey asked. “Coach Morty never let's us out on the field otherwise.”
 
“Yeah. The coach had to take an injured student to the clinic. Best of all, the soccer team is practicing!” Tea said, clapping her hands.
 
Joey and Tea listen to more gossip than I do, thought Yugi. Maybe they can help me find out about my Pharaoh. “Hey, do you guys know anything about a guy named Yami Kotara?”
 
“Kotara? Ain't he the captain of the soccer team?” Joey asked Tea.
 
Tea blushed slightly and smiled big. “Yup and he's super cute too. He's only been at the school for a week and already Coach Morty recruited him to captain the soccer team. Yami-kun is also up for election as class president!” She sighed. “He's so dreamy.”
 
“Why'd you ask, Yugi?” Joey asked, ignoring Tea zoning out.
 
“I met him in the hallway while I was standing out Oosaki-sensei's class.”
 
“Did you fall asleep in class?” Tea asked.
 
“Yeah…”
 
Tea elbowed Joey in the arm. “See how you influence him?!”
 
“Why me?! I didn't do anything!”
 
They were out on the soccer field now. The soccer team was going through different plays, a few people were walking around the field, some giggling girls were watching and admiring the soccer players, and others were just hanging out on the bleachers. About half of these kids were wearing gym clothes. The rest were playing hooky from classes.
 
Yugi spotted Yami right off. The team captain threw off his shirt revealing an impressive display of toned abs and broadly sculpted back. He winked at the nearest group of girls who laughed and blushed like idiots. Then Yugi realized that particular group of girls wore headbands with a logo of Yami's face on each one.
 
Joey caught Yugi staring at the girls. “That would the Yami-chan Fan Club.”
 
“Yami-chan Fan Club?” Yugi asked.
 
Tea frowned at them. “They're a bunch of giggling morons. All they do is stalk poor Yami-kun through the whole school. They're at every game he plays in. It's like they're his personal cheerleaders. It's disgusting.”
 
“But we know you'd do anything to be one of them, Tea.” Joey teased.
 
“Fuck you, Joey!” Tea snapped. “I won't deny that I have a total crush on Yami-kun. Half the female student population of Domino High is secretly crushing on him! But I refuse to lower myself to the standard of squealing fangirl.”
 
“Good for you, Tea.”
 
“Thanks Yugi. So do you like Yami-kun?”
 
Yugi's cheeks turned a slight crimson. “Uh, not really.” He decided to go walking around the field alone. He had to think. Was this still the work of the gods? If they had wanted Yugi and Atemu to be together, why would they take the Pharaoh's memories of Yugi away? Was Yami Kotara really King Atemu in his second life?
 
Maybe that's it, Yugi thought as he started passed the football goal post. Yami Kotara isn't Atemu. But that didn't make any sense. Yami was the spitting image of the Pharaoh in eyes, hair, facial features, body build, and voice. The only thing different was his skin was about two shades lighter than the Pharaoh.
 
Yugi stopped and looked up at the sky. “No matter what, my questions are still unanswered.”
 
“Yugi!” shouted Yami's voice.
 
Yugi turned to him and…got hit in the face by a runaway soccer ball.
 
Joey and Tea saw what happened. Joey ran across the field, but skidded to a halt when Yami came towards him, carrying Yugi in his arms. “I'm taking this boy to the clinic.” He said as he passed.
 
“I'll take you there, Kotara-san.” Tea said. Showing him respect in public might give me a better chance than those stupid fangirls.
 
“Thank you.” Yami said and followed Tea off the soccer field.
 
 
—This was just an introduction to the characters in their reincarnated forms. The next chapter will have good stuff. I don't really like this chapter, because nothing really happens, but I promise the next one will be better.
 
—I goofed on the names. Originally I had said that Egyptian Yuugi would have one “U” and future Yuugi would have two U's, but…I switched them. Sorry, I forgot. But you guys know the difference. Chapter 17 will be on November 20. Just before my Thanksgiving Break. See ya then!