Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Slave for All Time ❯ Togetherness Well Spent ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

—Erm…relaxed a little too much and forgot about my due date. ^_^; Sorry guys. Hope my new laptop works okay with Mediaminer…will have a real problem if it doesn't.
 
—Well, people figured it out. Yugi's life is in danger. Now that Yami knows about it, let's find out what he intends to do.
 
Chapter 20 - Togetherness Well Spent
 
In two months was summer vacation, in three months was Yugi's seventeenth birthday and in four months was Yami's eighteenth birthday…and supposedly Yugi's death date. Yami still didn't believe that crock about Yugi only having four months to live. It was like a bad soap opera that his tenth girlfriend always made him sit through.
 
Watching Yugi for the next three days, Yami noticed he didn't seem unhealthy or sick. He always came to school and classes on time. He always ate his own lunch. He only left school early once because his grandpa hurt his back and Yugi had to go home to take care of him. Yami had the feeling this was still a load of bullshit.
 
“How's it coming with your Algebra tutoring, you two?” Tea asked when they were all sitting together at lunch.
 
Yugi smiled. “Yami learns fast. I think he's going to ace tomorrow's test.”
 
Tea clapped her hands together. “Yami-kun, that's great.”
 
“You think Itou-sensei is bad at the end of the day. Wait `til ya get his morning class.” Joey said. He and Tristan were in Itou-sensei's morning Algebra class. The class was rumored to be complete and total Hell.
 
“Itou-sensei is like a damn drill sergeant. I can't wait until summer. I know I'm gonna pass his class with at least a solid C.” said Tristan as he took a sip of soda.
 
“Should we study at your house or mine this evening, Yami?” Yugi asked.
 
“My mother is having her book club meeting at our house, so it might be better if we went to your house.”
 
“Okay.” Yugi beamed slightly at the thought of having Yami-kun in his house.
 
———————
 
The mark was still there. Yugi was angry about it. His “conscience” told him what it meant. That he only had four months left to live. It couldn't be true! Even if it was, why did Egyptian Yuugi wait until now to tell him? Yugi hung his head in anger and worry the whole time he and Yami walked to his house.
 
“Yugi.” Yami said. He was a little concerned that Yugi was so quiet. “Yugi, what's wrong?”
 
Yugi looked up. “Huh? Oh nothing. Sorry. I just have some things on my mind.”
 
“We should hurry. The sky's getting dark. Looks like rain.” Yami told him, looking up at the bulging, gray clouds hanging in the sky.
 
“There it is.” Yugi pointed to a green building with a roof the same color is his eyes. Over the door of the building were huge letters that spelled out GAME. On the street near the door was a sign that read: Kame Game Shop.
 
“Your grandpa owns a game shop?”
 
“Yup. He used to be an Egyptologist, then opened this shop after he retired and married my grandmother.”
 
“She's gone?”
 
“Yeah she died giving birth to my mother.” Yugi stopped at the glass door of the shop. A note was stuck on the glass next to a red Closed sign. He pulled the note off and read it silently to himself. Finally he said, “We have to use the back entrance.”
 
“Why? Is something wrong?”
 
Yugi laughed as he led the way around to the back of the building. “No. My mom and grandpa went out to run some errands. They'll be back around 6pm.”
 
“Oh.”
 
Yugi unlocked the back door and they took their shoes off in the entryway. Directly ahead of them were a small hallway on the left and a staircase on the right. Yugi motioned for Yami to follow him up the stairs. He turned on the lights as they went.
 
They had entered a small living room with a dark green sofa and two matching easy chairs. In front of the sofa was a medium-sized TV. There was also a cactus in the far corner, though it seemed almost out of place.
 
“Where did you want to study?” Yami asked.
 
“I usually study in my room, but we can go in the dining room or stay in here.”
 
“Your room then, I suppose.”
 
Woohoo, thought Yugi excitedly. The hot and sexy Yami-kun in MY room! He led Yami into his room, which was a bit smaller than Yami's bedroom. The bed was built for one person, the desk wasn't very tall or wide, and the closet was close to the desk.
 
Yugi sat down at the desk and Yami had to sit on the bed. They traded spots when Yami felt uncomfortable being on someone else's bed…especially when he'd dreamed about that someone else having sex with his supposed past self.
 
———————
 
After almost two hours, Yugi decided to call it a day. They began to put their things away when suddenly a bolt of lightning lit up the sky and a clap thunder cracked through the silent evening sky. Yugi squeaked in horror and clung to Yami in terror.
 
Yami held the trembling boy and asked, “Y-Yugi?”
 
“I hate thunder. I've been afraid of thunder ever since I was little.” Yugi said in a high-pitched, frightened voice. He tried not to blush at the fact he was huddled against Yami's warm body.
 
“It's okay. It won't hurt—” Yami started, but another clap of thunder interrupted him and Yugi made a break for his closet. The rain started to tap at the window and finally showered the entire city in blankets of water.
 
Yami crawled towards the closet. He peered in and saw Yugi on a pile of clothes with his knees hugged to his chest. Yami crawled in to sit with him. “I'll stay until it stops raining.”
 
Yugi looked at him. “Really? Why? I thought you didn't like me?”
 
“I didn't like the Egypt baloney you were feeding me when we first met. Now that I've come to know you…” Yami paused and stared back, “…you're not so bad. I like you.”
 
Yugi smiled slightly. Another clap of thunder, but closer this time. Yugi covered his ears and hid his face in his knees. He was still shaking and looked so small and helpless in that moment. Yami remembered when he was afraid of thunder too. Perhaps most little kids went through this thunder-fearing stage. Some, like Yugi, probably never grew out of it.
 
Yami scooted closer to Yugi. When he had been afraid of thunder, his mother often sat with him in the bathroom and held him close until the storm was over. Yami put his arms around Yugi and held him as the storm raged outside. The boy's body shook with fear every time the lightning cracked and thunder growled.
 
As the thunder started getting softer and less frequent, Yugi found himself in Yami's arms and Yami in his. Yami wanted to let go, but he was so shocked at how perfectly the boy's body fit in his arms. It was like…Yugi was meant to be in those arms. They stayed together until all was quiet again. No rain, no thunder, no lightning...the only sound was their own breathing.
 
Yugi looked up at Yami's slightly confused face. “Thanks for staying with me.”
 
“Y-Yes…” Yami was still in a daze of confusion. He didn't know what he could do or say. He just couldn't let Yugi go.
 
On the other hand, Yugi was in a total state of bliss. Yami's body was so warm and soft and he could just feel the muscles through his shirt. This was an athlete's body, an Adonis body among high-schooler bodies. My pharaoh, Yugi thought in awe. He straightened up and instinctively pressed his month against Yami's in an awkward, but delicious kiss.
 
Yami blinked in surprise. He was being kissed by a guy! Every part of his brain was telling him to pull away and quickly. But…for some reason, he was completely frozen. It partially felt right. Wait a second…it was right for a straight guy to be kissing a gay guy in a small closet? What was the world coming to?!
 
Finally when Yugi slowly pulled away Yami regained his senses. His hand twitched and…
 
SMACK!
 
—Bet you can guess what the “smack” was. But I'll leave it at that for right now. So not even Yugi believes he's going to die in four months! Whoa…let's see how this'll turn out.
 
—Okay, so this week is starting to get busy for me. January 8 is when I move back to college for the next semester. January 9 is registration for my spring semester classes. January 10 is the first day of spring classes. June 14 is my wedding day. And…the next update…is, uh...not anytime soon since I have to get settled into my new semester and stuff.
 
Next update: January 13