Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Slave Mongrel ❯ Next to last Chappie ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~ Seto sends his henchmen after Ballroom~ Not good…… ~~~

"Joey Please eat something?" Duke tried once again to get his lover to eat something, who with a muffled `I'm not hungry,' turned over to suffer in his own misery. Duke set the plate down on the nightstand with a dejected sigh, fighting back his tears. He had a vain hope that the smell would get to the blond, but it never did. "I'm going to be downstairs if you need anything."

He never did though. Duke thought idly as he stood up and left, closing the door quietly behind him. Joey was withering away and he couldn't stop it from happening. The young blond had been through too much. Duke made his way down stairs, on the bottom step he stopped in his tracks staring wide eyed at the sight that was before him. "What the hell do you want?"

"I stopped by. . ." Kaiba trailed off looking a little down, or as down as he ever looked anyways, as he spoke. Truth was, when he got home, he got ganged up on by Mokuba and the puppy's friends, even Bakura had joined in the torment. And with two Hikari's and Mokuba giving him those sad faces he had but one choice, Relent, or face the wrath of the Yami's. Actually the Yami's threatened to tie him to chair while Tea gave him a lecture on the finer points of friendship and love. "Truth is. . ." He trailed off again as Duke continued to give him an impassive stare. "Where's Joey?"

"Upstairs." Duke said in a voice cold enough to rival the artics. Kaiba moved past Duke and headed up stairs in search of the blond. He sighed, only hoping Kaiba wouldn't hurt the blond or something. Hopefully he would do more good than harm.

Kaiba made his way looking through rooms till he found Joey in one of the guest rooms. He stood there gazing at his adorable puppy. His puppy. Sounded to good to be true, but what he missed most was the sound of their puppy laughing and bickering playfully. He choked back the tears that threatened to spill yet again as he made his way over to the bed and sat on the edge of it. No response from the mutt. He looked around the dull room and noticed the plate of untouched food. "It's not like you to not eat. . ." He said for lack of anything else to say.

"Se. . . Kaiba." Joey said as he turned over to gaze up the brunet, correcting himself less he upset the coldhearted man. He looked so gaunt for not having eaten in a few days, but then again the emotional strain on his body wasn't helping. The blond had tears in eyes and responded in a voice cracking from disuse. "I wasn't hungry."

"Are you hungry now?" Kaiba asked and Joey just shook his head not meeting Kaiba's gaze. "Joey. . ." The blond turned away from Kaiba to fall back into his miserable little ball with a sniffle. "Look I'm sorry. . ." Kaiba started. Damn it was hard to confess and apologize all at once. `Well here goes nothing.' He thought to himself as he tried again. "I'm sorry I wasn't enough to protect you. I'm sorry I was an ass, especially when you needed me most. . ." Nice time to choke Kaiba!

"I under stand." Joey whispered, his voice sounding a bit scratchy. "I'm sorry Kaib. . ."

"It's Seto damn it!" Kaiba stood up fuming as he glared at anything, and everything, that happened to be in his path. This of course caused Joey to sit up and watch the other with fear filled eyes. "And no It's not Okay! I'm not enough to protect you! How can I deserve You, or Duke for that Matter if I can't even take care of you two!? I was just trying to give myself an excuse to not be with you! But I can't lie to myself anymore." Seto's voice dropped as he turned to Joey, seeing the look of fear, caused by him no less, almost making him smack himself. "Or to you."

"Seto. . ." Joey broke into tears hugging his legs and burying his face into his knees. And Kaiba returned to the bed to pull the sobbing blond into his arms, at which Joey latched onto him and cried. Kaiba said a thousand apologies during that time as he whispered sweetness and love to his little puppy.


Duke stood in the doorway watching them for a short while. He had run up the stairs when he heard Kaiba, Seto, he corrected himself. This was Seto. Screaming. Then he heard what was said and was very thankful the brunet still cared. And for him too. He smiled as he turned to go back down stairs. He still needed to get some things cleaned up, idle around and give the other two a moment to themselves. Hell they deserved it.



{"I think I should leave it there??? Maybe a little something something when I get off my lazy ass. It's too freaking hot to move though …… Thank god this isn't Mexico or the tropics."
"Does this mean your giving up writing?" Joey asked very excited and probably hoping so.
"Just on this story."
"Damn!" Seto storms off dragging Joey by his leash.
Malik and Marik demand the last say, and start singing. "Seto Kaiba sat on a bench, Hit his knees with a monkey wrench, Missed his knees and hit his balls, and peed all over his hand washed drawers, went to the river to wash them off, then his blue eyes bit it off!" They run off giggling. }